Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2018 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day all! :wave:When ABQATL asked for people to volunteer with topics this year, I jumped at the chance! I have the honor of introducing this week; neutrals. Team scarf mistress, I hope I can live up to your wonderful work!:flowers:

Neutrals, let me sail in a sea of beige, grey and camel and I can die happy! What could be better than taupe, navy, black, white, tan, khaki, blush, nude or :graucho:champagne? Maybe...greige!!:PI can’t wait to see your neutral scarves this week!:flowers:Some of my favorite neutrals scarves.

Fontanie de Bartholdi.

Double neutral: Collections Imperiales and Eperon d’Or.

Double Phoenix, a rainbow of neutrals!

Kelly en Perles.

Tapis Persans a bounty of beige, tan, and creams with a pink that reminds me of ballet slippers.

Jardin de Leila.

Jaguar Quetzal.

Selle d’Apparat Marocaine.

Pierres d’Orient et d’Occident.

What are your neutral scarves? I look forward to your posts scarifies!!:flowers:

Many apologies, I am technically challenged!:blush:

Congrats on appointed guest scarf Mistress - and with my favourite CWs - thank you! You saved me from posting "my" Kelly En Perles so beautifully modelled by you, so must dredge up some others later in the week. Mind you - the top of Europe are "enjoying" record heat for a few weeks now, we almost faint at +30C! Cudos to all of you living under hot and humid conditions every day and still manage to wear silk beautifully :smile:

Turquoise... now that's an idea. Can you think of any turquoise scarves? I would love to add that to my non-red collection, but I am drawing a blank on specific designs.

Thank you. This was actually the first time in years I walked out of the H store wearing the scarf. I had to ask them to fold the two I was wearing (identical ones doubled up) and put them in the bag (they steamed them, too, so that was nice...). I don't normally even take the paper bag... This colorway is really quite special; I like the other ones as well, but this one made me buy the scarf.

No pressure, of course, but you sound like a very elegant dresser, so I am sure many of us would enjoy seeing these photos.

That sounds...hot. I remember going to Singapore and Hong Kong in the summer for work, and just thinking of accessorizing was exhausting.

Here is an example of red-is-my-neutral. Ran out to get a coffee just now; my first move was to grab the first red scarf that looked good to me (this is Naissance d'une idée). Snapped a selfie as I realized it. This particular scarf is indeed quite muted, but I clearly have a problem :amuse:

Just out of curiousity - if you see, say a clear red, as a neutral - which colours would be considered as "colourful" or "vivid" in your view? I just bought a lovely Serenite moussie 140 with two rather sharp greens as main colours, and with orange orchids on, so to me that is quite "out there", and the saving grace is the sheer thin material, softening the colours a bit, still takes some getting used to:smile:

Reactions: Julide and AnnaE
Just out of curiousity - if you see, say a clear red, as a neutral - which colours would be considered as "colourful" or "vivid" in your view? I just bought a lovely Serenite moussie 140 with two rather sharp greens as main colours, and with orange orchids on, so to me that is quite "out there", and the saving grace is the sheer thin material, softening the colours a bit, still takes some getting used to:smile:

Thanks for asking. I do recognize reds as bright, but to me, that is ‘neutral’ as that is what I am most comfortable with. I do have some brighter yellows and greens as well, which I do wear, but I always gravitate towards red.

I am thinking of the right colorway if the Serenite (beautiful choice, by the way!), I would not even wear it as it would be too pale for me :smile: it really is a matter of a personal comfort zone — curious, what are your usual go tos when it comes to scarves?

Reactions: eliwon and Julide
My neutral and new to me Robe du Soir. Definitely not a CW that was on my radar until I tried it on! Scarves with lots of white scare me....as there’s always the fear of some random stain appearing! Here I am moving out of my CW comfort zone [emoji38]View attachment 4081267
My fears too. I have very few white scarves, but I love it when I see mod-shots of pale icy cws here (that's you, @lanit!)

Reactions: Julide and ABQ2ATL
I'm not au fait with the whole concept of neutral, so I'm very glad that our guest scarf mistress Julide loves neutrals. Even for black/white scarves, I prefer complex cws like the grail Mythiques Phoenix rather than straight out black and white. I'm afraid my idea of neutral tends towards muted colours.

Zenobie (doing double duty from last week :P) is neutral to me: gray, off-white, oatmeal, lichen green and a scattering of muted orange which matches my amber pendant.
Zenobie_modshot rev.jpg

Welcome Julide -- and thanks for taking up the Team Scarfmistress challenge this week!
I don't think of myself as a "Neutrals" kind of Scarfie, but I do have some scarves that qualify -- and I think sometimes, neutrality may depend on what you're wearing with the scarf.
Tresors Retrouve -- a very neutral colorway that I have to admit I bought because the SA convinced me, though I didn't fight that lovely purple hem! I don't wear it much, but it has some charming details in turquoise, my favorite "neutral."
Tresors Retrouves composite tpf.jpg
A Cheval sur mon Carre -- another neutral with quite a lot of turquoise (check that hem). I like this scarf better for that reason and hunted down this colorway long after it disappeared from stores.
A Cheval sur mon Carre composite.jpg
Dans l'atelier de Robert Dallet -- tabac, anthracite, gris CW. I'd call this "neutral", but it has a lovely sheen to it -- it's more neutral on the brown top and pops on the black. I get in monochrome moods sometimes, especially with navy or brown, and when I match my scarf to my outfit I definitely think it qualifies as a Neutral, no matter what color it is.
Dallet Atelier black vs tan.jpg
Ex Libris en Kimonos isn't everyone's idea of a neutral, but my sepia colorway has those wonderful ocean patterns that bring out the little bright touches of red and yep, turquoise,
ELeK sepia composite.jpg
Planche d'Étude Pour Un Parure de Gala looks different on two different shades of gray -- both neutrals, but different effects, I think.
Parure de Gala composite.jpg
Navy and charcoal as neutrals: Pirouette au Galop and Chemins de Garrigue (recently seen on Busy Week)
neutrals navy & charcoal.jpg
(Please excuse my orange face with Chemins... I don't know where that came from!)

Turquoise... now that's an idea. Can you think of any turquoise scarves? I would love to add that to my non-red collection, but I am drawing a blank on specific designs.

Thank you. This was actually the first time in years I walked out of the H store wearing the scarf. I had to ask them to fold the two I was wearing (identical ones doubled up) and put them in the bag (they steamed them, too, so that was nice...). I don't normally even take the paper bag... This colorway is really quite special; I like the other ones as well, but this one made me buy the scarf.

No pressure, of course, but you sound like a very elegant dresser, so I am sure many of us would enjoy seeing these photos.

That sounds...hot. I remember going to Singapore and Hong Kong in the summer for work, and just thinking of accessorizing was exhausting.

Here is an example of red-is-my-neutral. Ran out to get a coffee just now; my first move was to grab the first red scarf that looked good to me (this is Naissance d'une idée). Snapped a selfie as I realized it. This particular scarf is indeed quite muted, but I clearly have a problem :amuse:
I'll post some pics I have found in a bit.:flowers:
I haven't seen many of your scarves but you look wonderful, red is your colour! I think you have found your perfect colour!:flowers:

Welcome Julide -- and thanks for taking up the Team Scarfmistress challenge this week!
I don't think of myself as a "Neutrals" kind of Scarfie, but I do have some scarves that qualify -- and I think sometimes, neutrality may depend on what you're wearing with the scarf.
Tresors Retrouve -- a very neutral colorway that I have to admit I bought because the SA convinced me, though I didn't fight that lovely purple hem! I don't wear it much, but it has some charming details in turquoise, my favorite "neutral."
View attachment 4081510
A Cheval sur mon Carre -- another neutral with quite a lot of turquoise (check that hem). I like this scarf better for that reason and hunted down this colorway long after it disappeared from stores.
View attachment 4081512
Dans l'atelier de Robert Dallet -- tabac, anthracite, gris CW. I'd call this "neutral", but it has a lovely sheen to it -- it's more neutral on the brown top and pops on the black. I get in monochrome moods sometimes, especially with navy or brown, and when I match my scarf to my outfit I definitely think it qualifies as a Neutral, no matter what color it is.
View attachment 4081513
Ex Libris en Kimonos isn't everyone's idea of a neutral, but my sepia colorway has those wonderful ocean patterns that bring out the little bright touches of red and yep, turquoise,
View attachment 4081514
Planche d'Étude Pour Un Parure de Gala looks different on two different shades of gray -- both neutrals, but different effects, I think.
View attachment 4081518
Navy and charcoal as neutrals: Pirouette au Galop and Chemins de Garrigue (recently seen on Busy Week)
View attachment 4081520
(Please excuse my orange face with Chemins... I don't know where that came from!)
PaG is a winner for me, but i am biased! :P
thanks for reminding me, i'll post mine as well :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.