Scarves Scarf label, do you remove yours?

Do you remove your scarf labels?

• Total voters
Heartbroken over the Picotin 22 black leather with gold hardware! I had it in my bag but lost it as I was putting in my payment information. Does anyone know if there is a way to prefill your payment info so you can snap it up in a second?
How do you remove them? Especially on a twilly. I don’t have a seam ripper.
Thanks!

I have a very thin (Hermès) pocket knife that I slide in between the tag halves and slice through the threads holding it on, then I pull the threads out of the Twilly with some tweezers carefully. The Hermès tags are folded in half, so you can slide the blade through so that it only touches the tag and not the silk, which is nice.

I have a very thin (Hermès) pocket knife that I slide in between the tag halves and slice through the threads holding it on, then I pull the threads out of the Twilly with some tweezers carefully. The Hermès tags are folded in half, so you can slide the blade through so that it only touches the tag and not the silk, which is nice.
Thanks so much! I will try!
Oooh...Hermès pocket knife sound interesting!

I also just got a Gucci twilly and the tag is MASSIVE:smile:

Reactions: duggi84
I always remove the tags, but keep them in the scarf box just in case. To me the tags greatly reduce the beauty of the scarf. Most are super easy to remove as they are attached by only thin loops of string that can be cut through with small nail scissors or a seam ripper or what have you. Then you just gently pull out the remaining bits of thread. I have yet to actually damage a scarf/shawl while removing the tag and I have done it no fewer than 20-30 times.

I remove them. Wouldn’t want any of my clothes labels to show either, so why would I on a scarf? Don‘t see any point of keeping them on, they serve no purpose, only limits its use. Having to hide a label would bug me to no end, and have one (partly) visible I honestly find unsightly and distracting.
I don't get along with the new labels at all (I usually wear biasfold). However, I have the problem that my dry cleaner wants the instructions and also - when someone new cleans my scarves - they tack the cleaning label into the edge, if no label is available. This really bugs me!

Reactions: Gourmetgal
So glad you started this thread and poll. I hate the labels because they are always in the corner I wish to display in the tie. I mostly leave them on because I thought everyone else did. Now I am resolving to photograph the corner with the label on it, remove it, and file it so I can match the label with the scarf if I ever re-home it. This will be a major enhanced in my scarf experience. Thanks.

I don't get along with the new labels at all (I usually wear biasfold). However, I have the problem that my dry cleaner wants the instructions and also - when someone new cleans my scarves - they tack the cleaning label into the edge, if no label is available. This really bugs me!

Hmmmm. Okay, I will say I won’t let the occasional nuisance of having something dry cleaned sort of dictate how I want to make the best use of my items during the vast majority of the time it’s not at the dry cleaners. :biggrin: Two suggestions for possible solutions? Take a photo of the tag, print it and hand it in with the scarves at the cleaners and also talk about/leave instructions where you don’t want the cleaning label tacked. Surely that‘s feasible as you mention that happens when someone new cleans them? OR another option is to clean/wash your scarves yourself, there is a whole thread on it here and many scarfies do it without any issues.
I say remove them if that‘s what you want to do and the rest will work itself out.:tup:

Like others here I keep the tag. I store my scarves in their box and I stick the label to the inside of the lid.

I remove most of them, especially the new ones (they are huge and itchy, I do not like them to be visible). I have a pair of small very sharp scissors for that purpose. But before I remove them I take photos of the attached tag should I ever want to sell the scarf (of course I would disclose that this is a before photo) and I keep the tags.

MaiTai wrote on this topic some years ago:

Hmmmm. Okay, I will say I won’t let the occasional nuisance of having something dry cleaned sort of dictate how I want to make the best use of my items during the vast majority of the time it’s not at the dry cleaners. :biggrin: Two suggestions for possible solutions? Take a photo of the tag, print it and hand it in with the scarves at the cleaners and also talk about/leave instructions where you don’t want the cleaning label tacked. Surely that‘s feasible as you mention that happens when someone new cleans them? OR another option is to clean/wash your scarves yourself, there is a whole thread on it here and many scarfies do it without any issues.
I say remove them if that‘s what you want to do and the rest will work itself out.:tup:

Like others here I keep the tag. I store my scarves in their box and I stick the label to the inside of the lid.
Thank you for your detailed answer and the time you took, dear Angelian. So many valuable suggestions. I will go with the printed photo.
As far as washing myself: Despite all the really excellent descriptions and help and the great results in the a.m. thread, I personally will never ever dare to wash and iron them myself (too unskilful for that).

Thank you for your detailed answer and the time you took, dear Angelian. So many valuable suggestions. I will go with the printed photo.
As far as washing myself: Despite all the really excellent descriptions and help and the great results in the a.m. thread, I personally will never ever dare to wash and iron them myself (too unskilful for that).

:yw: You’re welcome!

• Thanks
Reactions: Pivoine66