Scarves Scarf label, do you remove yours?

Do you remove your scarf labels?

• Total voters
Jan 30, 2010
Hello!
I recently saw a YouTuber mention removing the label on her Hermes scarves. I have to admit, i had never heard of it and have never done it to any of mine. I'd like to ask the wonderful folks here in this forum, do you keep the labels on your scarves or do you remove yours?

I have an H cashmere muffler where it kept showing so I removed that one. But usually I keep it on (IMO they’re kind of hard to remove). If you do a bias fold, it’s usually hidden anyway :biggrin:

Not that I usually care much about such things but I was always told that the 'bon ton' in Paris religiously kept the label and if it showed, it showed. Personally I haven't spent any time with such people in Paris or elsewhere but I keep the label - it seems part of the package somehow.

Reactions: hermeslady
Depends…For scarves that have an outside and inside face, I leave the label on, so I know which one to face outwards. For double sided scarves, including twilly, I remove. as the label just gets in the way… hope that makes sense…

I leave them on currently. I don’t live somewhere where I can use my scarves often, so haven’t found them enough of a nuisance to warrant it yet. I can imagine that changing if I were to be wearing them frequently, though.

I always remove the tags from my CSGM’s. They are unsightly and get in the way. They always feel so stiff compared to the lovely, soft fabric. Recently, with 90’s and other size silks, I usually remove them. But I started collecting 90’s over 30 years ago and a good number of my older scarves I have just not bothered to remove the tag. Mousselines always, always remove them.