Scammed by Phillipinos=now have to pay back++

May 23, 2006
I just recently got scammed by that ring of Phillies and paypal was holding
my money in my account and they just sent me a note to pay back all
of it, left to pay back is $ 1050.00 or so.

What should I do?
I wanted to cancel my paypal, but they won§ t let me.
Now are they coming after me with a collection agency?

What should I do, I won§t pay back for something that I don§ t have
anymore and i will have to pay?

Anyone out there can help?

I am traveling in Switzerland right now and trying to enjoy my time,
which now I already lost some money on my trip and my railpass too.

Help.:cursing:

Hi. Can't help but comment. Do you mean you were scammed by Filipinos? I hope that you elaborate further and at least identify who actually scammed you. Doesn't sound right to generalize.

I assume you sent to a non confirmed address in Phillipines. We have had many threads about these thieves here, I wish you had read them. I will look for some to attach.
Graxie, these rings of scammers are well known on this thread, I dont think OP is generalising, she is upset that she is out of her money.

Moi, am sorry. But I think to say , "scammed by Filipinos" is different from "scammed by someone using a Philippine address, or someone from the Philippines". Identity and/or nationality of the scammers are unknown, only the location (Phils.) of the scammers is known. Just a thought.

Moi, am sorry. But I think to say , "scammed by Filipinos" is different from "scammed by someone using a Philippine address, or someone from the Philippines". Identity and/or nationality of the scammers are unknown, only the location (Phils.) of the scammers is known. Just a thought.
Yes I know what you mean. I am OP means the ring of scammers in Phillipines, perhaps if she could clarify. Yes the scams were in Phillipines but not necessarily by people from there. I just think she didnt mean to be ofensive but i can see how it might have sounded that way.

Swissflower,

Try to enjoy your vacation, when you get back, please post the details and we will try to help.

If you have a receipt of your railpass purchase somewhere, you should be able to have a duplicate printed!

For a second I got offended by the title too. I think that just by reading on your title it looks like you're referring to Filipinos in general. I guess you should take that into consideration of re-naming your title to avoid negative discussion on this thread. Just a suggestion: "Scammed by someone from the Philippines" or something like that.

Anyway, good luck on your PayPal debacle. Make sure you call them ASAP ask them why the buyer has initiated a charge back. You may actually want to forward the threads from this forum to them so they would be aware? Tell them that the buyer has not contacted you about any problems regarding the bag, etc and you were shocked with the charge back.

That's why I stopped buying and selling on eBay or even PayPal since 2006. It such a pain the a**. I got scammed by someone in the Philippines too and I won't waste my time dealing with them as our police officers here don't even have the time to help us and just tell us that it's just a bag it's your fault you shipped at your own risk blah blah. Such a waste of time and effort. Plus, my identity has been stolen by someone! What do you expect from a third world country though. So sad. Will do anything for money - LAME! Money cannot buy happiness and freedom.

Last edited:
My cousin met a Filipino in Thailand. This guy told her that he can buy any purse she wants at half the store price since he has someone use fake CCs to purchase them.

Oh my, I told her never buy from them. She is so rich she can afford to buy at store price and she's helping these b*stards.

I've been a victim meself on another scam so I know how it feels...

Boo to those scammers.

Oh please. If you have been following this forum, there is ring of expert scammers from the Philippines and you would know what she means. It is NOT a slight to anyone or their country. It is about a bunch of organized scammers who stole thousands of $$ and bags from several of the members here. Read up on these threads!?!?!?!
SWissflower - I feel for you and hope there will be a a solution to these fiends getting your hard earned money AND your bag. When you get back, is there any way you can appeal to a higher up at PP and make them understand what happened here to not only you but many others?
KarenNab - how did your situation turn out? You may want to PM because I know the scammers read these threads.

I knew what she was talking about, maybe she is typing on a phone or with limited internet and didn't have time to rehash the entire incident [I do that often, particularly when out of town/country]. There are multiple threads on the scam where people are asked to mail the bags to the Philippines (non-confirmed address) when they used stolen CCs.

Whether or not the people are Filipinos (which from the names that people sent the packages to I would assume so) or it was a Filipino address is really not the point IMO. While she generalized, I think she was just generalizing for the particular scammers so everyone would know she was referring to the same scammer ring and not a new set of scammers. If she had perhaps named/generalized another ethnic group there was not a scammer ring thread about there might be a reason to be offended. I don't think she meant to offend anyone.
***This is all my opinion of course, I don't personally know what the OP was thinking.

OP- I am not sure if anyone else was successful not paying the Paypal bill (i.e. left their Paypal accounts negative). Do you have a bank account listed on your Paypal that they can go into? If you can, I would certainly close that one until you figure out what to do or they may just attempt to take the money directly from your checking account. You can't remove the account from Paypal now that you have a negative balance so the only way to prevent them from going into it is to close the account directly with the bank (if applicable).

WHile I want to tell you to enjoy your vacation if you are using that checking account/debit check card to fund your vacation and Paypal takes all the money I don't want you to be broke and stranded in Europe. You are right to be concerned and I hope that this is resolved soon.

Anyway, good luck on your PayPal debacle. Make sure you call them ASAP ask them why the buyer has initiated a charge back. You may actually want to forward the threads from this forum to them so they would be aware? Tell them that the buyer has not contacted you about any problems regarding the bag, etc and you were shocked with the charge back.

If this is same scammer ring others have talked about then she was probably asked to mail it to the Phillipines as a gift (to an unconfirmed address). The person who made the purchase was likely using a stolen CC or hijjacked Paypal account and when they saw the fraudulent charge they filed a chargeback.

Again... this is if it is the same scammer others have written about.

if in fact she was scammed by phillipinos, then what is wrong with saying that. in her post she said the 'scammer ring'. i don't take 'scammed by phillipinos' to mean anything bad about the entire country. obviously we've all talked about this ring of people in that region doing the scams. plus, it was my impression, English wasn't the first languaget for this person, either that or they were typing fast. So, i don't see anything offensive. JMHO.

I don't know if you can get out of paying your paypal bill. I think they can send you to collections. have you called them and talked to them about this scam?