Sangle seau opinions?

I am quite interested in this bag. To the large sangle owners, is this bag heavy even when empty? I can't carry heavy bags, so if it is, that's a deal breaker.

Mine is in drummed leather and i love it! Not heavy and quite comfortable to carry. The wide shoulder strap helps, as does the fact that it sits at a good length, strap drop is not too short to be uncomfortable but not too long so the bag is not pulling down.

Mine is in drummed leather and i love it! Not heavy and quite comfortable to carry. The wide shoulder strap helps, as does the fact that it sits at a good length, strap drop is not too short to be uncomfortable but not too long so the bag is not pulling down.
Hi eckw, thanks for letting me know it is light and comfortable to wear as well. And it is always a plus when the strap drop is just right. I'm getting more excited to actually see and try it on.

Love this bag and hoping to find one in gray. Not sure about the size though - I need my bags to be as light as possible due to back issues, and think the large would be heavier and tempt me to carry more. Would the small size be too small on a 5'7" frame?

Love this bag and hoping to find one in gray. Not sure about the size though - I need my bags to be as light as possible due to back issues, and think the large would be heavier and tempt me to carry more. Would the small size be too small on a 5'7" frame?

I don’t think so, here is a pic that @Miss World posted on another thread from a petite girl looking at the large size. I can’t post a link because I’m using my phone. I would say this model is very tall. I buy whatever bag I like and don’t bother with what size bag suits what size body, we all love what we love. I carry the cabas which is 17” wide and I’m 5’4 UK size 10 and I don’t care if it’s big. The small one is cute and I saw it in green but didn’t have time for a proper look.

IMG_1501267615.686899.jpg

Reactions: Kendie26
I've been lusting over this bag for months. Finally had a chance to see them in person at the Celine boutique. Sad to say that it's not for me. The shoulder strap is too wide for my shoulders. I admit, I have rather narrow shoulders :sad: The display I tried on looked to have been well used bc the wool strap looked pretty worn. The boxy shape didn't sit well against my body either. So sad!!! I still think it's a great bag.

I've been lusting over this bag for months. Finally had a chance to see them in person at the Celine boutique. Sad to say that it's not for me. The shoulder strap is too wide for my shoulders. I admit, I have rather narrow shoulders :sad: The display I tried on looked to have been well used bc the wool strap looked pretty worn. The boxy shape didn't sit well against my body either. So sad!!! I still think it's a great bag.

I had the same concerns about the worn strap when I was buying it. It felt used and I was worried about it getting worse once I started using it. But my SA said they've had this strap for several seasons and feedback did not indicate an issue, so I took a chance as I love the bag style. So far, I've used it for a few months and it hasn't gotten worse, no fraying etc and the slightly worn feel of the strap makes it easier to wear on the shoulder as it's so wide.

Reactions: lolasmom
Did I read a leather strap is out for this bag?

Yes! The Natural Calfskin Sangle bags feature two straps. One wool one and one leather. The leather strap is adjustable. I will be honest, I own one in Light Camel Natural Calfskin from S/S 2017 and the leather strap is extremely uncomfortable and a bit too long while on the shortest setting! Bummer!