Saint Laurent YSL Niki Bag

You’re welcome! To be honest, I tried the version with the rings in the store and I preferred the version without the rings because I noticed right away the chain got twisted and kinda stuck. My chain glides through very easily and I like that because I frequently shift from crossbody to shoulder and that’s the beauty of the bag! However, I always buy Louis Vuitton and this was my first time getting a YSL bag. I have the black hardware chain … and I was so disappointed that the black started to wear off literally the FIRST time I wore it. This never happens to my LV hardware. But I still like the bag because it’s very versatile and Practical. I might take it to the store to show them and see what they say.
I am curious about what they will say about the hardware, because the SA told me that the black hardware really really difficult to "chip" or peel off unless it is bumped into something like rough surface.
But in the end I chose the gold hardware instead of black hardware.

I would choose Niki, because you can use it in multiple ways.
Do you have other considerations to choose pochette metis over niki?

If I can fix the problems with the niki as mentioned in an earlier post (bag sagging, top caving in, flap flipping out) I would keep it.

As for Pochette Metis, it's kinda like the same style bag, with a flap, you can also wear on shoulder or crossbody, I feel it would be a good alternate without having the things I don't like on the niki.

Just got my medium Niki in the mail! Gorgeous:smile: super happy with the casual function:smile: my mom loves it so much she is debating grabbing one too. We love the new pebbles lambskin. Ima do my best to keep it safe from scuffs!
Can you show us the leather? I think my local stores don’t have the pebbles lambskin yet, although I have searched it online but couldn’t find the good picture of it.

sure, I happen to be carrying it today:smile:
I was in NM today and actually tried on this same exact bag! I fell in love with it. I’ve been going back and forth about getting a Niki forever but I think the matte lambskin might be what finally sells me on it. I’m personally not a fan of shiny leather, so that was what mainly kept me from taking the plunge. Would love to how you’re liking this bag and if the lambskin wears well!

I, too have loved the style of the Niki bag since I first saw it but couldn't get on board with the leather they used for it. Then I saw the pebbled leather and it was love at first sight. I snagged the baby Niki in black and I've been eyeing the new browns as well. View attachment 5953334
It’s such a beautiful bag! Hopefully the lambskin holds up well. I am planning to get this in the medium for my birthday next month.

Planning on purchasing a pre-loved Niki, but I'm getting caught up on making the final decision...would love any thoughts/guidance!

• Size: Medium vs large? I'm fairly petite - only 5'2" and about a size 0-2, but I also do like big bags. I initially thought medium because it seems to be the most popular size, but I'm second-guessing it since I do like big bags. I have a toddler and a part of me wonders if it's worth having some extra space to account for her things. Also, the dimensions of the mediums seem to be the same as the dimensions of the Mulberry Medium Lily, which I have two of, so maybe it makes more sense for me to get something different? But I also don't want something that going to be too big - as much as I do like big bags, I don't want to be overwhelmed by a bag.
  • Color: I know this is highly personal, but I'm torn between a red medium, black croc medium, and peacock blue large.
    • I really love the idea of a red everyday bag and have wanted one for years, but I'm also highly picky about shades of red and worry that it won't be quite right upon arrival (don't have an opportunity to see it in-person before hand and it's final sale if I get it). It looks good on screen, and I feel like I would most likely be happy with the color, but I'm not 100% sure...
    • There is a black lambskin croc with black hardware in a medium size that I'm also considering. I'm a huge sucker for black leather and black hardware, so I know I would love this one. I also don't have anything in croc print and have wanted something for ages, so I love the idea of black on black AND croc print. But I already have the medium Lou Lou in black leather and black hardware, and the medium Niki is a similar size so I'm not sure it makes sense to have two shoulder bags of a similar size, from the same designer even, both in black on black. I also worry about black hardware - as much as I adore it, I'm also always worried about it chipping, which is why my black on black Lou Lou tends to be more of a "sometimes" bag. (Although maybe I could get over it if I have two black on black bags - one for everyday and one for more occasional use? I really really do love black on black so so much!) Plus I also have a black Chanel jumbo..it's in gold hardware, not black, but it's yet another black shoulder bag. And I just have a fair number of black bags in general.
      • I also came across a black croc print in Nubuck and aged silver hardware. I'd still get the croc print that I have been itching for, and the silver hardware would alleviate any concerns I have about chipped black hardware. But I'm not sure how I feel about Nubuck. I mean, I really like it in general, and I'm a very textural person, so I do love the feel of Nubuck. But I'm not sure if it's appropriate for everyday, all weathers, and I'm not sure if I would feel weird carrying it in spring/summer since Nubuck has always felt like a fall/winter material to me.
    • Also considering a large in peacock blue. I think my hesitation here is with the size (again, do I go for medium or large?), and also not being able to see the color in-person before buying. From all the photos I've seen, I think I will love the color. It looks to be this kind of deep teal, bluish-green color that I love - totally up my ally! But also, if it leans too green in-person, I know it will not be love for me. I love blues and teals and blue-greens, but I'm not much of a true green gal and I worry that it may be too green-green for me in-person.
So, with all that in mind, what would you recommend I do? Not going to lie - a part of me is like, "get them all!" 🤣 But I'm really trying to commit to other financial goals this year, so that's not realistically in the cards for me right now, and in absence of the option of just getting it all, I'm just not sure what to do!

Hello
I had the niki medium on my want list for a while now. I finally got it in the vintage look leather. Color storm. On the website the bag didn’t look shiny. In person it looks almost patent appearance but not . Does anyone have it in the shiny leather. Does it scratch easy? Will the shine dull? How does it age. I didn’t fully take the packaging off because im not sure if im gonna keep it. Also, will the shiny leather go with casual clothes? Thanks 😊

Attachments

• IMG_0672.jpeg
    IMG_0672.jpeg
    235.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0671.jpeg
    IMG_0671.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: Wibwob
Hello
I had the niki medium on my want list for a while now. I finally got it in the vintage look leather. Color storm. On the website the bag didn’t look shiny. In person it looks almost patent appearance but not . Does anyone have it in the shiny leather. Does it scratch easy? Will the shine dull? How does it age. I didn’t fully take the packaging off because im not sure if im gonna keep it. Also, will the shiny leather go with casual clothes? Thanks 😊
I have that exact bag (size and color). I’ve had it about a year and a half and no scratches. Seems pretty durable.

Attachments

• IMG_2238.png
    IMG_2238.png
    926.6 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: clydekiwi
Is there a difference between the new niki ysl bag and the older version?

Also, i'm torn between the medium and baby size. Baby size looks cute and handy especially on crossbody style but would it be too small for traveling? Cant fit water bottle after phone, wallet and all essentials.