Saint Laurent YSL Niki Bag

Thanks keishapie1973 for your reply. Now im considering to get the niki medium with hook or without hook. The hook which the chain goes in. Ive read that it suppose to help with the flap when closure. Does it really curve in when you fill it up?
It does curl up a little when filled. I wanted the hook when I ordered mine, but didn’t want to try to exchange. I’d get the one with the hook if possible.

Hi all, just wondering, I have the older style niki without the drings attached to strap. When you put too many things in it, the bag sags, the top middle part of bag caves in and the corners of the flap flip out. Was curios if there was a way to avoid this. I like the newer ones with the drings.

Hi all, just wondering, I have the older style niki without the drings attached to strap. When you put too many things in it, the bag sags, the top middle part of bag caves in and the corners of the flap flip out. Was curios if there was a way to avoid this. I like the newer ones with the drings.
I have the older version as well and so I don’t know if the new rings actually help with the middle sag. But I bought thick purse liners and these base shapers from Etsy for mine … and I think they do help! I’m sure part of it is how you pack the bag and distribute the weight. And probably not stuffing it with overly heavy things. I just took mine to NYC and I carried all my essentials plus an umbrella, 2 phones and extra phone battery and all kinds of stuff all over the city and I feel like it did really well! These are pics with it fully loaded.

Attachments

• IMG_6793.jpeg
    IMG_6793.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4880.jpeg
    IMG_4880.jpeg
    210.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_4877.jpeg
    IMG_4877.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 9eeaf299-f57e-4e3f-b51b-70301741b2cf.jpeg
    9eeaf299-f57e-4e3f-b51b-70301741b2cf.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 88
  • 102e946f-0621-41d3-9c0d-0c9d8567e859.jpeg
    102e946f-0621-41d3-9c0d-0c9d8567e859.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
I have the older version as well and so I don’t know if the new rings actually help with the middle sag. But I bought thick purse liners and these base shapers from Etsy for mine … and I think they do help! I’m sure part of it is how you pack the bag and distribute the weight. And probably not stuffing it with overly heavy things. I just took mine to NYC and I carried all my essentials plus an umbrella, 2 phones and extra phone battery and all kinds of stuff all over the city and I feel like it did really well! These are pics with it fully loaded.
This looks really good. Your bag isn't really sagging at all. I'm going to look for this on Etsy. Thanks!! :heart:

Reactions: konanicole

WOW, you were able to put all those things in your bag, and the bag look so good, no sagging, caving in the middle and your flap stayed flat. I was debating if I should sell bag but I'm going to try it with the base shaper, I have a small purse insert/organizer I use for my Gucci disco bag.

Thank you for your help!!!

WOW, you were able to put all those things in your bag, and the bag look so good, no sagging, caving in the middle and your flap stayed flat. I was debating if I should sell bag but I'm going to try it with the base shaper, I have a small purse insert/organizer I use for my Gucci disco bag.

Thank you for your help!!!
You’re welcome! To be honest, I tried the version with the rings in the store and I preferred the version without the rings because I noticed right away the chain got twisted and kinda stuck. My chain glides through very easily and I like that because I frequently shift from crossbody to shoulder and that’s the beauty of the bag! However, I always buy Louis Vuitton and this was my first time getting a YSL bag. I have the black hardware chain … and I was so disappointed that the black started to wear off literally the FIRST time I wore it. This never happens to my LV hardware. But I still like the bag because it’s very versatile and Practical. I might take it to the store to show them and see what they say.

Reactions: rosewang924
This looks really good. Your bag isn't really sagging at all. I'm going to look for this on Etsy. Thanks!! :heart:
I posted pics of me wearing it shoulder and crossbody, because you can see (for some reason) it pulls a bit more when worn shoulder and it’s flatter as crossbody. You would think the opposite but I wonder if having the strap handle laying against the top flap when crossbody helps hold it straight 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: rosewang924
You’re welcome! To be honest, I tried the version with the rings in the store and I preferred the version without the rings because I noticed right away the chain got twisted and kinda stuck. My chain glides through very easily and I like that because I frequently shift from crossbody to shoulder and that’s the beauty of the bag! However, I always buy Louis Vuitton and this was my first time getting a YSL bag. I have the black hardware chain … and I was so disappointed that the black started to wear off literally the FIRST time I wore it. This never happens to my LV hardware. But I still like the bag because it’s very versatile and Practical. I might take it to the store to show them and see what they say.

I was debating to sell the niki and get the LV Pochette Metis, but now I am going try the base shapers and insert.

Yes give it a shot! I think it works so worth it! I do love my Pochette Métis and will say it’s one of my most used bags but the Nikki bag is much easier to get in and out of and closes effortlessly
I don’t want to be off topic so one last quick question.

I only have budget for one bag, either keep the Niki or sell and buy Pochette Metis, if you had to choose one, which one would you choose?