Saint Laurent Sac De Jour...

After many months eyeing of SDJ, it's finally mine ! I've chosen the nano size, in the perfect combo I was looking for for a while : grained leather with gold hardware, light brown color (the reference is "cinnamon"). I'm so happy, it's so cute in this size. By the way, the good surprise was to discover that the strap is adjustable. Can't wait to wear it :heart:

View attachment 5721404View attachment 5721405Go
After many months eyeing of SDJ, it's finally mine ! I've chosen the nano size, in the perfect combo I was looking for for a while : grained leather with gold hardware, light brown color (the reference is "cinnamon"). I'm so happy, it's so cute in this size. By the way, the good surprise was to discover that the strap is adjustable. Can't wait to wear it :heart:

View attachment 5721404View attachment 5721405View attachment 5721406
Gorgeous bag! Hope you are loving it!

My all time favourite bag! Thought I’ll post mine for references:

2019 Small, smooth black leather, gold hardware, non detachable inner purse, non adjustable strap. I use this mainly for work (lawyer), as it fits my small PC and all other stuff and gives a serious business vibe. I protect the handles with small Hermès scarves which I vary with the seasons (orange and red for summer/spring and blue for winter/fall).

2017 small, grained caramel leather with contrast stitching, silver hardware (like gold better but you barely notice the hardware), detachable inner purse, non adjustable strap, (purchased orange Organizer). I use this mainly outside of work (weekends etc) as my go to carry-a-lot-of-****-around bag. I am absolutely in love with the contrast stitching (which gives me Hermès vibes), I usually never replace the scarf but I take it down to wash it sometimes (in a pillow case, lowest program on washing machine, only liquid silk washer, lay flat on a towel to dry).

2022 Nano, crocodile sea turquoise leather, gold hardware, adjustable strap. My newest purchase which I absolutely love This is my bag when I don’t have to carry stuff (even for work when I don’t need to carry my PC). I use it a lot Cross body or just hold it (you can put it over the arm as well, see picture). In Order to protect myself for pickpockets I put my wallet and phone in a small Hermès purse (those bracelets and stuff come in) and close it and fasten the straps on the thingies where the strap normally goes in.

I’m contemplating buying a soft version as well. I initially bought those as a substitute for the Birkin as I didn’t like how slouchy it gets but I started to appreciate the slouchy style more so maybe a soft SDJ or a Birkin (if they’ll ever offer me one) is in the cards one day ☺️

Which one is your favourite of those three?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

1BA648BF-9C67-40D3-B41D-CC9A8925A6EE.jpeg

My all time favourite bag! Thought I’ll post mine for references:

2019 Small, smooth black leather, gold hardware, non detachable inner purse, non adjustable strap. I use this mainly for work (lawyer), as it fits my small PC and all other stuff and gives a serious business vibe. I protect the handles with small Hermès scarves which I vary with the seasons (orange and red for summer/spring and blue for winter/fall).

2017 small, grained caramel leather with contrast stitching, silver hardware (like gold better but you barely notice the hardware), detachable inner purse, non adjustable strap, (purchased orange Organizer). I use this mainly outside of work (weekends etc) as my go to carry-a-lot-of-****-around bag. I am absolutely in love with the contrast stitching (which gives me Hermès vibes), I usually never replace the scarf but I take it down to wash it sometimes (in a pillow case, lowest program on washing machine, only liquid silk washer, lay flat on a towel to dry).

2022 Nano, crocodile sea turquoise leather, gold hardware, adjustable strap. My newest purchase which I absolutely love This is my bag when I don’t have to carry stuff (even for work when I don’t need to carry my PC). I use it a lot Cross body or just hold it (you can put it over the arm as well, see picture). In Order to protect myself for pickpockets I put my wallet and phone in a small Hermès purse (those bracelets and stuff come in) and close it and fasten the straps on the thingies where the strap normally goes in.

I’m contemplating buying a soft version as well. I initially bought those as a substitute for the Birkin as I didn’t like how slouchy it gets but I started to appreciate the slouchy style more so maybe a soft SDJ or a Birkin (if they’ll ever offer me one) is in the cards one day ☺️

Which one is your favourite of those three?

View attachment 5830986

View attachment 5830987

View attachment 5830988

View attachment 5830989

View attachment 5830990

View attachment 5830991

View attachment 5830992

View attachment 5830993

View attachment 5830994

View attachment 5830995

View attachment 5830996
FABULOUS!

Hi ladies,

This is my first post!
I have just received my Sac de Jour small from Vestaire and I’m having second thoughts about authenticity as the dimensions are a bit off.
As you can see from the photo I’ve attached, the length should be 25cm whereas mine’s not that close to 25

Appreciate your help and thoughts

IMG_8156.jpeg

I just ordered a small in "Very good" condition for $815 ($872 with tax) on Fashionphile. 10 years later, it seems this bag can be considered a classic and not just a trend. I went back and forth on whether to get this because it does not have the clochette, lock, and keys.

What do you all think about the price I paid in October 2023? This one is returnable so if I don't find the quality true to description or don't find the price to be a great deal I have a way out.

(When I receive it I will make my own post with pics. I just joined so I can only comment)

Reactions: HavPlenty
Depends on the leather and the color. If it is black or brown, likely a good deal but I wouldn’t buy one without the accessories as you can find it for 1200.00 on resell sites with all of the accessories

Thanks! it's black calfskin. I did consider a more expensive grey one with all the accessories...ended up deciding on the black bc I wanted something that will effortlessly go with everything....will probably use it as my everyday work bag.

Last edited: