Saint Laurent Sac De Jour...

What size do you guys think works best for me?

I am interested in the Sac de Jour as a Birkin alternative and the small gives me those vibes much more than the baby size. I love it!

But my husband prefers the baby on me, and I have to admit, if I weren’t going for Birkin vibes I’d like this size too because I don’t carry a ton (and I realize there are smaller Birkins out there :smile: )

And no, I wouldn’t be able to get both ha ha.
View attachment 5914983
Both look great on you, so maybe you can decide based on how you will use it. I have the baby size and I like the size on me. :smile:

Reactions: Farkvam
What size do you guys think works best for me?

I am interested in the Sac de Jour as a Birkin alternative and the small gives me those vibes much more than the baby size. I love it!

But my husband prefers the baby on me, and I have to admit, if I weren’t going for Birkin vibes I’d like this size too because I don’t carry a ton (and I realize there are smaller Birkins out there :smile: )

And no, I wouldn’t be able to get both ha ha.
View attachment 5914983
I know you value hubby's opinion but I would get what I like. If you're going for the Birkin look then the small is the way to go. I have both and use the Baby way more. But I work from home and don't really have the need for the larger bag. Is this the smooth leather?

Reactions: Farkvam
I know you value hubby's opinion but I would get what I like. If you're going for the Birkin look then the small is the way to go. I have both and use the Baby way more. But I work from home and don't really have the need for the larger bag. Is this the smooth leather?
These are the souple versions.

I do value my husband’s opinion, he is an artist and has a great eye for things, but ultimately I do go for what I like in the end ;)

Thanks for the input!
Both look great on you, so maybe you can decide based on how you will use it. I have the baby size and I like the size on me. :smile:
Thanks so much Antigone!

ya'll, I'm having buyer's remorse with my SDJ 😭 I felt like I got an amazing deal with a preloved small grey one from The Real Real (there was an extra 35% off, so it ended up being like $726 with taxes and shipping, listed for just over $1000). It is smooth leather, I would have preferred pebbled leather because I'd be able to use it more without worrying about destroying it with scratches. But when going for preloved I think you can't be set on certain features if you want a good price.

I think the small is just an awkward size because it's so big, haha. It's not big enough to fit a laptop, so I can only use it for work if I don't take a laptop...I am also scared to use it as an everyday work bag because of the smooth leather. I would rather have an SDJ for everyday use, but the small seems to be way to big for everyday/going out. Lots of influencers rock this bag in their cute outfit pics on the town, but they are all the smaller sizes like baby or nano. * sigh* (IIRC, most of the bags on resale market are small....perhaps exactly for this reason...i.e., baby and nano are more in demand)

I don't want to resell it because I'd probably only make like $200-$300 right? the resale sights take so much. So can ya'll make me feel good about this bag 😂
😂

ya'll, I'm having buyer's remorse with my SDJ 😭 I felt like I got an amazing deal with a preloved small grey one from The Real Real (there was an extra 35% off, so it ended up being like $726 with taxes and shipping, listed for just over $1000). It is smooth leather, I would have preferred pebbled leather because I'd be able to use it more without worrying about destroying it with scratches. But when going for preloved I think you can't be set on certain features if you want a good price.

I think the small is just an awkward size because it's so big, haha. It's not big enough to fit a laptop, so I can only use it for work if I don't take a laptop...I am also scared to use it as an everyday work bag because of the smooth leather. I would rather have an SDJ for everyday use, but the small seems to be way to big for everyday/going out. Lots of influencers rock this bag in their cute outfit pics on the town, but they are all the smaller sizes like baby or nano. * sigh* (IIRC, most of the bags on resale market are small....perhaps exactly for this reason...i.e., baby and nano are more in demand)

I don't want to resell it because I'd probably only make like $200-$300 right? the resale sights take so much. So can ya'll make me feel good about this bag 😂
😂
Pictures? :smile:

😂
I don't know why attached photos are not showing up. sorry for clogging up the forum

I have a men's north/south SDJ in blue with pebbled leather that I bought around six years ago. I always liked the bag but hadn't reached for it all that often as it's a bit big if you are just going out for coffee, etc. I'm in a new job however and I have started using my SDJ as a computer bag on the days I go into the office. The pebbled leather holds up beautifully, the bag still looks practically new.

Yesterday I splurged on a second SDJ, the colour is officially called "Fox" and I think that it will coordinate well with my Hermes leather belts/shoes in "Gold". This is going to be a great bag for spring and summer, it obviously can go with business casual looks but equally it will be great with jeans. It's on pre-order, I should have it by the first week in April.

1708780408409.png

😂
I totally get what you are saying, I got a black small years ago, it was a TjMaxx runway find, to replace a Celine luggage as an everyday work bag. In general it’s an awkward bag. It’s big but doesn’t hold a lot, it’s very structured so the thin strap for cross body seems like an afterthought. I only use it when I have a business lunch and want to look polished. Otherwise it just sits in a dust bag in my closet.

I’m officially a Sac de Jour guy. I had the blue North/South version for six years and didn’t use it much as it was too big for most days. Suddenly I’m in a job where I need to carry a laptop and some papers to and from home/work every day. I have Fox and Storm in Large size from SS24 collection and managed to get my hands on Sea Salt and black croc North/South from past seasons. These bags are now part of my “uniform”, into the rotation they go. I’m a silver hardware guy so these are perfect. Come on, Saint Laurent, release more colours for guys! The Storm colour is SS24 but a look at the Saint Laurent website shows they didn’t make very many in that colour, very few boutiques have it. IMG_0368.jpegIMG_0369.jpegIMG_0370.jpegIMG_0367.jpegIMG_0366.jpeg

I’m officially a Sac de Jour guy. I had the blue North/South version for six years and didn’t use it much as it was too big for most days. Suddenly I’m in a job where I need to carry a laptop and some papers to and from home/work every day. I have Fox and Storm in Large size from SS24 collection and managed to get my hands on Sea Salt and black croc North/South from past seasons. These bags are now part of my “uniform”, into the rotation they go. I’m a silver hardware guy so these are perfect. Come on, Saint Laurent, release more colours for guys! The Storm colour is SS24 but a look at the Saint Laurent website shows they didn’t make very many in that colour, very few boutiques have it. View attachment 5966750View attachment 5966751View attachment 5966752View attachment 5966753View attachment 5966754

Gorgeous collection. You make me want to get mine out now.

• Love
Reactions: DavidFincher
I’m officially a Sac de Jour guy. I had the blue North/South version for six years and didn’t use it much as it was too big for most days. Suddenly I’m in a job where I need to carry a laptop and some papers to and from home/work every day. I have Fox and Storm in Large size from SS24 collection and managed to get my hands on Sea Salt and black croc North/South from past seasons. These bags are now part of my “uniform”, into the rotation they go. I’m a silver hardware guy so these are perfect. Come on, Saint Laurent, release more colours for guys! The Storm colour is SS24 but a look at the Saint Laurent website shows they didn’t make very many in that colour, very few boutiques have it. View attachment 5966750View attachment 5966751View attachment 5966752View attachment 5966753View attachment 5966754
I love your Sac de Jour collection!