Saint Laurent RTW

So, I knew that I would eventually get a SL jacket or blazer. And you have seen me try on quite a few in the past couple of years.
But I was always a bit undecided.
Until I tried on the 2023 FW collection blazers and my heart stopped! :loveeyes:

Here she is!

View attachment 5929713

So sorry, my photo does not do it justice but it is stunning! I love it!
Excellent choice! I seem to recall that was my favorite out of the four you tried on 😉😉😉 It is really stunning, looked perfect on you, and congratulations! 🥂🥂🥂

• Thanks
Reactions: lill_canele
IMG_1820.png
uh-oh! They’ve had this for a little while at my local boutique, and I made the mistake of trying it on the other day. Now I can’t forget about it!
Since there’s been such a great ongoing discussion about blazers, etc. here, I thought I would ask you all what you think about the leather one! Has anyone seen it, tried it on, or purchased it?

View attachment 5977439
uh-oh! They’ve had this for a little while at my local boutique, and I made the mistake of trying it on the other day. Now I can’t forget about it!
Since there’s been such a great ongoing discussion about blazers, etc. here, I thought I would ask you all what you think about the leather one! Has anyone seen it, tried it on, or purchased it?

I like it! It probably looks better on but it's giving effortlessly chic vibes.

I have tried on a YSL motor jacket before. The leather was so beautiful. Had a lovely shine and felt very solid and warm.
However, I turned it down. Just because I live in SoCal, I would probably never wear it.
My Teddy Jacket and alpaca fur jacket already give me plenty of warmth. I didn't have a good enough excuse to buy the leather one.
But if I lived in Canada or London? Totally different story. :lol:

I like it! It probably looks better on but it's giving effortlessly chic vibes.

I have tried on a YSL motor jacket before. The leather was so beautiful. Had a lovely shine and felt very solid and warm.
However, I turned it down. Just because I live in SoCal, I would probably never wear it.
My Teddy Jacket and alpaca fur jacket already give me plenty of warmth. I didn't have a good enough excuse to buy the leather one.
But if I lived in Canada or London? Totally different story. :lol:
Right! At least in Michigan I have shoulder seasons in spring and fall where I can wear a Moto for a while. I have a Balenciaga from 2007 and a calf skin SLP Moto. This blazer is amazing and the exact same cut as my favorite wool one. Well, I just tried on my Ann Demuelemeester black leather blazer with some of the Saint Laurent items that I would pair with the other one. I really have no valid reason to buy another leather blazer because I still love this one, from 1999. So I’m teetering against.

View attachment 5977439
I think it’s stunning …I’d say buy it,but don’t want you to take my advice and regret it ..

• Love
Reactions: mal
Does anyone have experience with Saint Laurent fine knits? Like their semi-sheer sleek viscose ribbed long sleeve sweaters/tops? I'm in love but am worried about durability and longevity for the price.

Does anyone have experience with Saint Laurent fine knits? Like their semi-sheer sleek viscose ribbed long sleeve sweaters/tops? I'm in love but am worried about durability and longevity for the price.

I have not bought a SL fine knit but I have bought a knit sweater/jumper before and never had issues with it.

I have looked at their semi-sheer tops before, could never bring myself to buy them though.

If I bought it, I would just dry clean and wear items with it that won't snag.
(I know there are many wonderful people here who are pros at handwashing and cleaning more delicate clothes, but I don't trust myself lol.)

I have bought fine knit fitted long sleeves from Aritzia before. Loved them so much I bought multiple and I think they last pretty okay. Would always wash on gentle/delicate cycle, dry for 20-30 minutes at very low temp and then hang dry. I wore them pretty often at they would eventually pill, but I got my use out of them and was satisfied.

• Insightful
Reactions: 880
Not the SL rtw knits you are referrring to..

I used to live in Paris before the great Yves Saint Laurent died and briefly wore the Haute Couture ..
My best knits Ever were a couple of similar but not identical (as they were haute couture so nothing was repeated) silk Breton knits ,completely handmade, which were heaven, obviously dry clean…tragically gone 2 decades ago…

Reactions: anastasiya26
If I bought it, I would just dry clean and wear items with it that won't snag.
This is what I would do as well, I baby my things way too much if they are expensive! Do you think the SL viscose is worthwhile, over the silk rib knit? The style I prefer is 100% viscose but I've read mixed opinions about this material. A Tom Ford sheer knit I'm interested in is a viscose blend as well.

I used to live in Paris before the great Yves Saint Laurent died and briefly wore the Haute Couture ..
My best knits Ever were a couple of similar but not identical (as they were haute couture so nothing was repeated) silk Breton knits ,completely handmade, which were heaven, obviously dry clean…tragically gone 2 decades ago…

That sounds absolutely lovely!

• Love
Reactions: cecchetti
This is what I would do as well, I baby my things way too much if they are expensive! Do you think the SL viscose is worthwhile, over the silk rib knit? The style I prefer is 100% viscose but I've read mixed opinions about this material. A Tom Ford sheer knit I'm interested in is a viscose blend as well.

That sounds absolutely lovely!

For the price I’d rather go for the silk.
Viscose is semi-natural cellulose based fibers treated to mimic silk. So I’d rather buy real silk than imitation silk if I can.
However, it still a relatively delicate fabric and like silk needs care.

It doesn’t mean viscose is bad. It is lightweight and breathable, soft and comfortable. But if I was buying an item made of viscose, I would rather go for a viscose blend to give it a bit more structural integrity and help with durability.

I do have one of those tops, it's cropped, black viscose. The fabric is very nice. It is semi sheer but the silk ones are a lot more sheer if I recall correctly. The fabric has a nice drape and weight if that makes sense. They have used viscose a lot in dresses and maxi skirts and it hangs and ruches beautifully! Normally like a lot of synthetics either but…
I haven't snagged it yet ha ha it must not be horribly fragile.
If that sounds like the top you were looking at, I did see it on YOOX at a very nice price!

I do have one of those tops, it's cropped, black viscose. The fabric is very nice. It is semi sheer but the silk ones are a lot more sheer if I recall correctly. The fabric has a nice drape and weight if that makes sense. They have used viscose a lot in dresses and maxi skirts and it hangs and ruches beautifully! Normally like a lot of synthetics either but…
I haven't snagged it yet ha ha it must not be horribly fragile.
If that sounds like the top you were looking at, I did see it on YOOX at a very nice price!

Ooh, is yours the one with the metal YSL logo on the bottom of the hem? I haven't seen it on Yoox in my size sadly. There are two sheer sweaters I was interested in, both called Cassandre - a cropped 100% viscose style and one that's longer and silk. I finally got to stop by a boutique over the weekend and tried the cropped one - which was beautiful! But it felt a bit too cropped for the evening look I want it for (paired with high rise skirts and trousers with no gap between the waistband showing). Now I really want to try the longer silk variant. I'm so happy to hear that your piece has proved durable! Does it run hot or uncomfortable at times? The sweater I tried didn't feel as lightweight as I hoped.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 12.18.07 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 12.18.07 PM.png
    256.2 KB · Views: 4