Saint Laurent RTW

How much use do you get out of it. I’m wondering if I should get a contemporary version to try it out before I splurge on the ysl one. I’d prefer the ysl one but if I don’t use it much….
I have a thing for tweed (Chanel, Cordings, Gucci, Harris Tweed and others). Where I live, we tend to need jackets all year, so it may not be the same as where you are.

If you get a contemporary wardrobe/high-street version make sure it's mostly natural fibres and not too thick, we're coming up to Summer (unless you're in Oz) you may not want to wear it as much.

New SS23 Le Smoking

Honestly, there are some beauties this season and it was hard to choose between 3. In the end, I went for 3 button double-breasted.

Although not long after SS23 launch event, I consider myself quite lucky to get my size.

It's total :love:

View attachment 5742520
I very nearly bought a short one in gdp last Friday..
Also a summer outfit..

But it was a busy shopping day, and I could have come back with a wealth of high end rtw-next year I’m definitely buying one.
I’ve seen one I like now, but have to pay the balance on the crocodile jacket first..

I very nearly bought a short one in gdp last Friday..
Also a summer outfit..

But it was a busy shopping day, and I could have come back with a wealth of high end rtw-next year I’m definitely buying one.
I’ve seen one I like now, but have to pay the balance on the crocodile jacket first..

I think the main thing is getting the one that totally fits and looks best on you. Even though, mine is a SS23, I can wear it all year round easily. In May I wore it with a lace mini, opaque leggings (not perfect choice I know) Gucci cowboyesque ankle boots, Balmain GM fire-print scarf as a top. I can probably get away with wearing it Christmas with fishnets or sheer tights as a dress just as well. It just has to be the one for YOU. I can totally vouch for the quality compared with other brands (that all seem to have dinner-jackets).

Strangely, I bought a new one so I wouldn't have to wear my 1970s vintage LS out (bit shorter).

This sounds normal, not strange at all to me :flowers: :biggrin:

I wore a YSL jacket recently that I bought from the boutique during the Tom Ford era
very comfy and completely current

View attachment 5820482

I have a similar black jacket (part of a suit) TF for YSL 2004 - all based on safari. I'll try to find it and show.

Although Tom Ford's work was exciting at the time, I don't think he can compare to Saint Laurent himself, especially in the 60s/70s.

I think the main thing is getting the one that totally fits and looks best on you. Even though, mine is a SS23, I can wear it all year round easily. In May I wore it with a lace mini, opaque leggings (not perfect choice I know) Gucci cowboyesque ankle boots, Balmain GM fire-print scarf as a top. I can probably get away with wearing it Christmas with fishnets or sheer tights as a dress just as well. It just has to be the one for YOU. I can totally vouch for the quality compared with other brands (that all seem to have dinner-jackets).

Strangely, I bought a new one so I wouldn't have to wear my 1970s vintage LS out (bit shorter).
I Know the quality, I worked there over 30 years ago!
I had 2- a black suit and a dark navy jacket(both gabardine) in Fr 34, but despite alterations , both were huge on me, and since then I’ve lived in Paris, and somehow I don’t have them any more.
I don’t know how the cut is these days, I’d Still need a 34(my Italian sized 36(U.K. 4) Alexander McQueen black tuxedo blazer is a bit wide on the shoulders..
I remember asking whether a 32 existed..pity I couldn’t afford a couture Le Smoking, although I did shop other YSL Haute Couture before it closed in 2002( my favourite clothes EVER)- in Paris whilst I lived there..I felt a trillion dollars..

I’m long legged and short waisted, so your beautiful jacket would work as a mini dress on me lol!

• Love
Reactions: mal and papertiger
I have a similar black jacket (part of a suit) TF for YSL 2004 - all based on safari. I'll try to find it and show.

Although Tom Ford's work was exciting at the time, I don't think he can compare to Saint Laurent himself, especially in the 60s/70s.
My favourite isn’t the Safari , although he’s famous for that.
Although Chanel is accredited with the LBD, I wore YSL black chantilly lace to my sisters hen night (in 1998), and although I felt rough from glandular fever, survived the night in it..preferring it to my Chanel dresses.

• Love
Reactions: mal and papertiger
Hi all, apologies if this isn't the right place to ask. I purchased a Saint Laurent wool blazer in black with silk lining, not long ago. The mistake I made is wearing it on a particularly hot day this summer. Is anyone able to recommend a reliable dry cleaner in London, UK area? I'm so desperate! I have tried several dry cleaners over the years and watched my precious clothing perish. Any suggestions will be helpful.

• Sad
Reactions: mal
Hi all, apologies if this isn't the right place to ask. I purchased a Saint Laurent wool blazer in black with silk lining, not long ago. The mistake I made is wearing it on a particularly hot day this summer. Is anyone able to recommend a reliable dry cleaner in London, UK area? I'm so desperate! I have tried several dry cleaners over the years and watched my precious clothing perish. Any suggestions will be helpful.

I would recommend https://mrsteedsoflondon.co.uk/

Oh, that’s terrifying, sorry! Hope it came out good… I worry so much about having to use a dry cleaner for my jackets!

I went to go try on blazers. Oh dear, I think I will end up getting one lol

View attachment 5908720
Size 36, one size too big.

View attachment 5908721
Size 34.

View attachment 5908722
Size 36 (but feels like a 34, or even slightly smaller or maybe it’s just stiffer)

View attachment 5908723
Size 34.

I was afraid of trying them on because I knew I would fall in love with them. :lol:
Yes, when I was about 21 I worked there for awhile to help pay for my accountancy degree-I bought a black blazer and a navy blazer suit(both 34) but I was so tiny they had to virtually be remade for me..I asked whether there was a 32..

I’d like a tuxedo Saint Laurent blazer next year , but I have a McQueen one which fits me very well, I’m not sure that I need both, however I agree with @Christofle that the 3rd one looks great on you!

Reactions: lill_canele