Saint Laurent RTW

Went in to try on this very hyped up jacket that all the influencers rave about. It is a nice jacket. Once size only though. Personally not fond of the $5000 USD price tag lol. (Please don’t mind my husband who’s trying to convince me to buy another jacket [a different one] :lol:)

View attachment 5662771View attachment 5662772
That’s such a funny picture. Happy shopping :giggle:

Hi, is there any feedback on their tshirts? I want one but I have a few other things on my list. As long as the quality is reasonable, I may buy one.

In terms of wear and care, their T-shirts wear fine but they do need a bit of TLC.

Do not dry in the dryer, air dry so that they do not shrink.

You may need to steam or iron them after they dry, especially if you don't take them out of the washing machine right after.

I've had 2 of their classic T's. One in black and one in white.
I ended up selling the white one because it had a huge tendency to wrinkle and I cannot stand steaming a shirt every single time.

In terms of fit, it will really depend on which version you buy.
The classic ones Saint Laurent Rive Gauche with the tiny red box in between, that sits in the middle of the shirt have a slightly boxy fit. The arm sleeve tends to be on the longer side and a little more narrow (but not too small or tightly fitted.)
The classic Saint Laurent signature print is a more loose fit, but the sleeves are a bit shorter and less narrow if I remember correctly.
It's best if you try them on in-store.

Hope that helps!

Anyone have any ysl tweed? How do you like it? I’m eyeing the four pocket tweed in black but I can’t find any pictures with a model wearing it. I was wondering how long it is.

There are 2 x 4-pocket tweeds around.

1/ Shorter (pure wool/silk lined) Edge to edge, slightly boxy (think classic vintage Chanel) comes up to the top of the hips.

2/ Longer (pure wool/silk lined, slightly more pronounced shoulders) ends under the posterior.

I have Saint Laurent tweed from years ago and it's still good. I would say their tweed is better than most, Balmain etc, but fairly light weight so you could use it as a Spring jacket.

There are 2 x 4-pocket tweeds around.

1/ Shorter (pure wool/silk lined) Edge to edge, slightly boxy (think classic vintage Chanel) comes up to the top of the hips.

2/ Longer (pure wool/silk lined, slightly more pronounced shoulders) ends under the posterior.

I have Saint Laurent tweed from years ago and it's still good. I would say their tweed is better than most, Balmain etc, but fairly light weight so you could use it as a Spring jacket.
How much use do you get out of it. I’m wondering if I should get a contemporary version to try it out before I splurge on the ysl one. I’d prefer the ysl one but if I don’t use it much….