Sable in Action

Hi Ladies. I wanted to join this thread with a cute story. I have several fur coats of varying styles/lengths. 3 I purchased (not sable) 1 was inherited. The inherited was small and it came to me cauz I was only one who fit in it. Had no idea what it was. Took it to my fur store where I store my coats in summer. Turns out it's sable!The clerks at fur store love it! They said it's in great condition and worth more than any of my other fur coats! I dont wear it much since I feel it's dressy? Plus it's short so not as warm. Seeing this thread I thought maybe I should wear it more often. Here it is. View attachment 3522629
I think that this could easily be worn as part of a less formal outfit. What a discovery and a beautiful piece to inherit.

Reactions: snibor
How do you guys like this one?
Yeah or nay?
Some of you gals might remember I have a medium length sable vest. I am not sure I can pull off a full length coat so I am considering getting this shorter style.

View attachment 3524536
View attachment 3524537

If you are paying full price of this coat, I'd vote Nay. I think the shoulders are too big. Reglan type of shoulder would look much better. IMG_1479562170.571765.jpg
Something like this cut.
I also think that it would be a tag short, with all the volume at the top it needs to be balanced.
Of course this is based on my personal experience and how these coats look on my body type.

If you are paying full price of this coat, I'd vote Nay. I think the shoulders are too big. Reglan type of shoulder would look much better. View attachment 3525475
Something like this cut.
I also think that it would be a tag short, with all the volume at the top it needs to be balanced.
Of course this is based on my personal experience and how these coats look on my body type.

That's a very good point, thanks Ari. I am waiting to get it in my size and try it on. I am really in love with the smaller and stand-up collar. Also the curved design of the pelts makes the coat quite unique. But like you mention, I will need to totally in love with the overall fit to justify the price.

If you are paying full price of this coat, I'd vote Nay. I think the shoulders are too big. Reglan type of shoulder would look much better. View attachment 3525475
Something like this cut.

That's a very good point, thanks Ari. I am waiting to get it in my size and try it on. I am really in love with the smaller and stand-up collar. Also the curved design of the pelts makes the coat quite unique. But like you mention, I will need to totally in love with the overall fit to justify the price.

Wud love to see modeling shot!

Dear ladies, I need an advice
This is my sable coat that I bought at great discount, it was a very big size. My furrier fixed for my twice, made it first smaller and this year a made it shorter, I still feel like a bear in it
IMG_1479750181.436063.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1479750196.954405.jpg
    IMG_1479750196.954405.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_1479750214.127930.jpg
    IMG_1479750214.127930.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 440
Now I can get this new one, but I can keep only one
IMG_1479750305.051556.jpg
IMG_1479750320.226127.jpg
IMG_1479750337.011947.jpg
The color is nicer but the fit - I'm [emoji848]
I still look huge!
What to do?
Keep my old coat, or sell it and get the new one?

Now I can get this new one, but I can keep only one
View attachment 3527658
View attachment 3527659
View attachment 3527661
The color is nicer but the fit - I'm [emoji848]
I still look huge!
What to do?
Keep my old coat, or sell it and get the new one?

Can you post front pic with new one closed? Wondering about the metal circles on it? Your old one is a good length. I actually think based on photos the new looks bulkier although shorter in length. It has a poncho like flow where the old one appears more taylored.

The coats are stunning.

I much prefer your old coat to the new one in terms of colour, cut, length etc. Good luck deciding!
Thank you xiangxiang! DH prefers the old one too. I tend to agree, but [emoji848]
Can you post front pic with new one closed? Wondering about the metal circles on it? Your old one is a good length. I actually think based on photos the new looks bulkier although shorter in length. It has a poncho like flow where the old one appears more taylored.

The coats are stunning.

Thank you snibor! These are buttons [emoji1] I'll take some more pictures tomorrow!