Rude sellers or bossy sounding listings

I agree it sounds rude, and I wouldn't want to deal with this seller -- she sounds as if she could be quite nasty if you had an questions or difficulties with the transaction, and frankly, who needs the hassel? E-bay should start a charm-school for sellers, and we users could leave feedback for who needs it! (no offense intended for all you nice sellers out there! :heart:)

Once in a while I come across a creepy listing where the seller is dictating a huge list of "DOs and DON'Ts" even before describing the item and I just want to back off...Yikes....except I really like the item. Well, I take a breather and then decide if I want to bid. I just figure sellers like this have been badly burned and are just trying to protect themselves. If I really want the item, I just bid and, so far, it's worked out well. Hope this helps.

I agree with merrydish. If you know you aren't the type of buyer she is obviously addressing and you really want the item, then you should have no problem bidding on it. Why take what she says personally if what she says does not apply to you? KWIM?

I avoid rude listings. I've bought a lot of expensive bags on eBay and never would buy from someone who wrote like that.

Also, her grammar is wrong. It's "I have mouths to feed," not "mouth's to feed." I also have a problem buying a really expensive bag from someone that doesn't use good grammar (I know, I know, I'm stereotyping majorly here).

^^^ i was thinking the same thing. if you're going to be rude at least make it gramatically correct. lol.

i avoid rude sellers too. life is too short. if they're rude in the auction they're probably going to be hard to deal with...

It does sound harsh BUT a friend of mine sells tons of items a month and she ends up losing so much time and money because of people with little or no feedback bid and do not pay. So in her defense she probably sounds harsh because she has been fighting with ebay for listing fees back and now has to wait a whole week for her relist to end.

Ebay can be frustrating for both parties.

I know what you mean about avoiding sellers with listings like that. I actually wanted to buy the item in the auction, but didn't even bid because of her 'yelling.'

I hope that I do not come across as rude in my listings, but I always include this comment in my listing:

"Please feel free to contact me with any questions or if you would like to see additional photos. These shoes are 100% authentic Christian Louboutin and they are brand new. The low opening bid in no way reflects the authenticity, quality or condition of these shoes. I am just happy to provide someone with a great deal on these beautiful Christian Louboutin shoes. Please read these terms before bidding, please do not bid if you cannot abide by these terms. Payment is due within 48 hours of auction end, if you choose Buy It Now, payment is due immediately. Please be sure that your address is confirmed with Paypal because I can only ship to a Paypal confirmed address. Please check out my other listings, I have lots of great items for sale."

Would any of you be turned off by that? Should I make in 'nicer'?

I hope that I do not come across as rude in my listings, but I always include this comment in my listing:

"Please feel free to contact me with any questions or if you would like to see additional photos. These shoes are 100% authentic Christian Louboutin and they are brand new. The low opening bid in no way reflects the authenticity, quality or condition of these shoes. I am just happy to provide someone with a great deal on these beautiful Christian Louboutin shoes. Please read these terms before bidding, please do not bid if you cannot abide by these terms. Payment is due within 48 hours of auction end, if you choose Buy It Now, payment is due immediately. Please be sure that your address is confirmed with Paypal because I can only ship to a Paypal confirmed address. Please check out my other listings, I have lots of great items for sale."

Would any of you be turned off by that? Should I make in 'nicer'?

Great listing!! It's direct, not rude.

I'm a seller (sometimes) and I can understand the defensivness after dealing with certain potential buyers. But what I really can't understand is when sellers say "no authenticity questions" If you're buying something, you have the right to ask just about anything,IMO.