Rose gold hardware hermes bag

Hi everyone, I just picked up my new C18 Noir RGHW which I am in love with. When I went home and took out my older trench C18 RGHW, I have noticed that the RG has significantly changed color. Do you gals see the same on yours? Is it normal? The RG on trench now almost looks like Yellow Gold when I put it next to the new rosegold!
TIA!

View attachment 4808318
Paging @Israeli_Flava who has same specs for both her Constance... :sos: :P

Reactions: Israeli_Flava
Yeah I’ve had the same with Cartier too. Also older Rolex models (I believe they fixed it with newer RG they use)

I believe it’s oxidization (of copper?) and it’s normal, you can get it polished to fix it but I don’t think you can keep polishing infinitely...

Perhaps take it in to store and see what H says and if they can do anything like polishing for you?

• Wow
Reactions: Champie
I sent the picture to my SA and she initially said “the bag is gold or permabrass, not rosegold”. I had to correct her and stating that it was a rosegold. She said she needs to see the bag and examine before recommending any actions.

I have two C24 with Rghw from 2017 & both have faded a touch. Both were from the first release of rose gold hardware on Constance I believe. They don’t seem as obviously rose gold as my new birkins with rose gold hardware. It’s not super obvious though. I Will see if I can capture it in pics during the day. What’s most obvious is a 24mm H belt buckle I purchased in 2015 in rose gold. That looks totally different now to me... I’ll add pics tomorrow.

I have kelly double tour and kelly belt in rghw. I left plastic on them for a little while and when I took them off, the part that didn't get covered with plastic appeared darker. It bothered me so much especially on the kelly bracelet so I ordered silver polishing cloth from Amazon and tried polish them. The tarnish actually came off! Phew!! I'm not sure if I suppose to be doing that though. I'd prefer taking them to Hermes but I don't live near H boutique.