Rose De Noel

@BigAkoya, I went to the store and tried on my RdN pendant with the small YG non-pave Frivole. They didn’t have the earrings but there was a ring with the same size motif, so I was able to get the effect by placing it next to my ear. I don’t think it works, unfortunately. The mirror finish of the Frivole was very eye-catching and distracted the eye from the soft green of the RdN. The eye keeps going back to the bling of the Frivole. To me it looked like an incongruous pairing. I wish I’d taken a picture but video probably would have captured it better.

However, my SA did suggest trying the pendant with mini WMOP RdN earrings (again, I had to get the effect by putting a pendant next to my ear), and I really liked the pairing! The sheen of the WMOP complemented the soft green of the pendant, neither the WMOP nor the chrysoprase seemed to dominate the eye, and the smaller earrings combined with the pendant didn’t seem to be too much RdN all at once. What do you think?

6E126A14-65C0-4698-8C60-A7D6C3CF4678.jpeg

@BigAkoya, I went to the store and tried on my RdN pendant with the small YG non-pave Frivole. They didn’t have the earrings but there was a ring with the same size motif, so I was able to get the effect by placing it next to my ear. I don’t think it works, unfortunately. The mirror finish of the Frivole was very eye-catching and distracted the eye from the soft green of the RdN. The eye keeps going back to the bling of the Frivole. To me it looked like an incongruous pairing. I wish I’d taken a picture but video probably would have captured it better.

However, my SA did suggest trying the pendant with mini WMOP RdN earrings (again, I had to get the effect by putting a pendant next to my ear), and I really liked the pairing! The sheen of the WMOP complemented the soft green of the pendant, neither the WMOP nor the chrysoprase seemed to dominate the eye, and the smaller earrings combined with the pendant didn’t seem to be too much RdN all at once. What do you think?

View attachment 5257023

Loving the RdN's (BIG fan here).

What stone is that on your pendant? Chrysoprase? Is it new or an older piece? It's GORGEOUS!

Reactions: cayman718

View attachment 5257023
Hi! Hmm... it's a bummer all YG did not work. Too much metal I suppose, and metal is harsh (YG and WG).
The mini-MOP is okay, but for me, I don't love it. I know the theme is the same, but mixing stones is like wearing a Carnelian magic pendant and MOP earrings. It's not something I would pair together, especially when one piece takes center stage and now two different colored stones are competing for attention. It does not look bad though, just not "perfect" to me. That's my preference only of course. I am sure there are folks out there who mix and match their Rose de Noel.

That said... what to do? Thoughts...
I personally think your Rose de Noel is so beautiful, using another stone is just going to keep making it compete.
Since an all metal earring is too shiny and harsh, how about some diamonds? Before you poo poo the idea thinking it's too blingy... please hear me out. :biggrin: :heart:

I know some people of think of diamonds as too dressy and too sparkly, but it's not and definitely not against bold colored stones. Diamonds are very neutral; that's why studs, tennis bracelets, and eternity bands all work with shorts in the summer. No one ever thinks twice about diamonds for everyday. That said, I think some little sparkling diamonds on the ears to play up the diamonds in the flower would be nice. No big flat stone such as MOP to compete against your chrysoprase. Just little pieces of sparkle!

How about trying the Frivole Pave earrings and then the Perlee Coloeurs in pave? I'm not really a fan of Coloeurs, but it does look exactly like the center of the flower, just a little sparkle, with no stone to compete. Coloeurs might be too small though. I have only seen Coloeurs in real life, but never tried it on and to be frank, it looks like a big dot to me. Even if it did work with your Rose de Noel, by itself, I personally think it's a bit boring. That's just me of course.

Of the three we are talking about here: mini Rose de Noel MOP, Frivole pave, and Coloeurs pave, my choice would be the Frivole pave earrings. I have the Frivole pave earrings in WG, and I really love them. They are not too sparkly nor too bold. Perfect for everyday, and I think they will complement the Rose de Noel. Yes, they are sparkly, but there is no color so the eye will shift to your green chrysoprase. Frivole also makes a statement and you need a strong earring to stand next to your Rose de Noel. With Frivole pave, you have a strong green that complements the neutral yet sparkly diamonds so your ears still get attention and do not fade/look wimpy (e.g. diamond studs would fade/look wimpy).

On diamonds and color...
Diamonds are blingy, but truth be told, when wearing jewelry, anytime there is color, color trumps diamonds! The eye loves color. That's why when you see emeralds, rubies, turquoise, carnelian, blue agate, lapis... even with diamonds thrown in such as alternating necklaces, the eye goes to the color. Diamonds are neutral, there is no color, it's like looking at faceted glass/crystal, all they do is sparkle. When competing for attention, color always wins first when next to diamonds. Sometimes you see engagement rings that have sapphire, ruby, or emerald side stones. Even though the colored stones are small, the eye first goes to those colored stones and then the eye sees... "oh yes... there's a diamond in the center of that ring too." Human eyes (the brain technically, we see with our brains) just love color.

This is why I think Frivole Pave earrings would work. The earrings sparkle, but they do not take center stage. They complement the center of your Rose de Noel which has YG and diamonds.

Maybe give it a shot to try on?
Here are the two earrings I am referencing:
I think these would be nice:
Frivole earrings, small model Yellow gold, Diamond- Van Cleef & Arpels (vancleefarpels.com)

And for kicks, try this, although I think it might be a bit boring:
Perlée diamonds earrings Yellow gold, Diamond- Van Cleef & Arpels (vancleefarpels.com)

Last edited:
@cayman718 I thought of you when I saw the new Winter flowers photo ads. I also wore my Frivole set a the other day, and my Lotus set yesterday envisioning me with a Rose de Noel pendant. :biggrin:

The photos below show a single Rose de Noel with other pave flower options.
I also think the Lotus earrings will go with the Rose de Noel. Hellebore is an offshoot of Rose de Noel. When it was launched, the write up said it was Rose de Noel with more sparkle (e.g. more diamonds). VCA paired Hellebore with Lotus earrings which are the earrings I plan to wear with my Hellebore ring. This made me think the Lotus earrings might be something to consider and try on in additional Frivole pave. My vote still goes to Frivole pave.

Just some thoughts and here are photos for inspiration and so you can see the designs close up.
Hope this helps.

1637871034512.png :biggrin:

1637870994070.png

How about trying the Frivole Pave earrings and then the Perlee Coloeurs in pave?
@cayman718 I thought of you when I saw the new Winter flowers photo ads. I also wore my Frivole set a the other day, and my Lotus set yesterday envisioning me with a Rose de Noel pendant. :biggrin:

The photos below show a single Rose de Noel with other pave flower options.
I also think the Lotus earrings will go with the Rose de Noel.

Just some thoughts and here are photos for inspiration and so you can see the designs close up.
Hope this helps.

View attachment 5259106 :biggrin:

View attachment 5259105
@BigAkoya you are spot on with small pave Frivole earrings recommendation because my SA recommended the same! Of course they didn’t have the earrings in stock but I was able to see the effect by using the ring again (and, also, of course I didn’t take a picture). I liked the pave Frivole with the RdN much better than the pairing with the non pave. The diamonds weren’t distracting like the mirror finish was, and the green RdN held the eye’s attention well. It looked like a well balanced pairing.

I haven’t thought about pairing with the Perlee Coloeurs or the lotus yet, will have to try them the next time at the store. I agree, while the Perlee Colouers is elegant and classic I do feel like it is a bit plain for my style, and I likely wouldn’t wear it on its own. I want to find earrings to wear with the pendant, but definitely want to find something I’d love to wear on its own too! I think that could be the small pave Frivole earrings in YG! I definitely have to try them on again, with and without the RdN.

Now, I haven’t considered the Lotus earrings before, but looking at these photos, the petals of the Lotus and the petals of the RdN share similar shapes and angles, and may complement each other well. I will have to give the Lotus a try!

There is one more recommendation my SA made which I am excited to see, the Fleurette earrings. Fleurette is also simple and classic but there is something really blingy about the arrangement of the diamonds together. I think I’d wear these everyday by themselves as well. VCA used to make them in YG but now only makes them in WG, so if I want to match the metal with the RdN I’d probably have to SO or find a vintage pair. My other thought is that since this is a diamond earring who cares if there’s a little bit of WG there, and my metal of choice (RdN consideration aside) is WG anyway.

So, all in all, I have quite a few items I want to try on next :nuts: Thanks for taking the time to make all these suggestions! I am having so much fun thinking through these combinations :flowers:

@BigAkoya you are spot on with small pave Frivole earrings recommendation because my SA recommended the same! Of course they didn’t have the earrings in stock but I was able to see the effect by using the ring again (and, also, of course I didn’t take a picture). I liked the pave Frivole with the RdN much better than the pairing with the non pave. The diamonds weren’t distracting like the mirror finish was, and the green RdN held the eye’s attention well. It looked like a well balanced pairing.

I haven’t thought about pairing with the Perlee Coloeurs or the lotus yet, will have to try them the next time at the store. I agree, while the Perlee Colouers is elegant and classic I do feel like it is a bit plain for my style, and I likely wouldn’t wear it on its own. I want to find earrings to wear with the pendant, but definitely want to find something I’d love to wear on its own too! I think that could be the small pave Frivole earrings in YG! I definitely have to try them on again, with and without the RdN.

Now, I haven’t considered the Lotus earrings before, but looking at these photos, the petals of the Lotus and the petals of the RdN share similar shapes and angles, and may complement each other well. I will have to give the Lotus a try!

There is one more recommendation my SA made which I am excited to see, the Fleurette earrings. Fleurette is also simple and classic but there is something really blingy about the arrangement of the diamonds together. I think I’d wear these everyday by themselves as well. VCA used to make them in YG but now only makes them in WG, so if I want to match the metal with the RdN I’d probably have to SO or find a vintage pair. My other thought is that since this is a diamond earring who cares if there’s a little bit of WG there, and my metal of choice (RdN consideration aside) is WG anyway.

So, all in all, I have quite a few items I want to try on next :nuts: Thanks for taking the time to make all these suggestions! I am having so much fun thinking through these combinations :flowers:

I was reading through these posts and I immediately thought of Fleurette earrings to go with RdN! They have a little cluster of diamonds like the center of the RdN. Plus, they could go with almost anything else. I do not find Fleurette to be so original to VCA that I wouldn't consider buying similar ones elsewhere. Briony Raymond carries a similar high quality line, and she offers 4 or 5 different sizes which is more than VCA offers. She carries high quality jewelry but her pricing is more attractive. In case you'd like to see them, here is the webpage:

I love the other suggestions, too! It will be great when you are able to try on the various options!

I was hoping to find these to try on. What a stunning statement.

Thank you. It’s La Ligne. So comfortable.
By the way, I love La Ligne too (love their stripes!!! :yes: )

In case you did not know, it is sold at Nordstrom! :nuts::nuts::nuts: I somehow stumbled on this as I'm not usually a Nordstrom shopper, but now I will be especially on the lookout for La Ligne.

I got these two sweaters and love them. I love the striped one, the color combo is so happy!
My husband think it looks retro and groovy. :biggrin:

Just wanted to share it's now at Nordstrom in case you did not know. Here are the links as FYI:

La Ligne Fair Isle Merino Wool Mock Neck Sweater | Nordstrom

La Ligne Bold Stripe Cashmere Tunic Sweater | Nordstrom

Reactions: couturequeen
I found this older thread with wonderful pics of Rose de Noel and thought I’ll add my question here. What earrings would you wear with the small RdN pendant in yellow gold, stone TBD? I am reposting this pic that @BigAkoya posted and think something in the YG frivole family would be pretty. Matching size Rose de Noel earrings seem a bit much, but perhaps the mini RdN earrings would be nice? I’d love more ideas, and I know the ladies here are great at styling pieces together.

View attachment 5208089View attachment 5208090

I love Briony Raymond. She also is a VCA expert having essentially started there for years. so, it’s possible she could actually recommend something if you ever visit her atelier.

With a RdN pendant, especially lapis or another color, I would go something in gold. i wear my Verdura Belperron corne earrings with many things, so I would probably try them with the RDN. (they look big, but bc they fit along the curve of the ear, they are surprisingly versatile. I wouldn’t necessarily limit myself to VCA, but I like to mix things up. I’ve also seen some seaman Schepps lapis earrings (similar to the night ear stud in verdura night and day) that I might try. Of course these could be too much and terrible, but they could also spark other ideas, and I think it’s fun to try.

I used to wear some diamond kwiat. They could be another option.

Last edited:
Reactions: Notorious Pink
Thank you ladies!!! :flowers:

@Lien, I recall you have a beautiful turquoise RdN pendant :loveeyes: I would love to find one like that someday!

Oooh, I read somewhere that there was a TQ RdN in a boutique recently. Unfortunately, I can't remember which boutique.

Thank you. I hope you manage to get one. Mind you, there'd be serious competition with your new beauty.:smile:

Last edited: