Travel ROME! tips - questions - advice

BagAngel

Louis Vuitton Addict
O.G.
Oct 30, 2006
My son & his girlfriend are going to Rome for 5 days on 28th April. This is his birthday gift to her, she has never been.
I have searched the 'net for hotels, some look ok but when I check for reviews (Trip advisor) there are very few coming up good.

They want to be bang in the centre, I suppose somewhere around Spanish Steps? So long since I.'ve been in Rome I can hardly remember where would be most central point.

I would appreciate any help TIA!
:roflmfao: What would boys do without their mums? :roflmfao:
Hehe, he will pay me back, I will be giving him a shopping list! :roflmfao:

I don't know what his budget is...but The Hassler is at the top of the Spanish Steps. You should be able to find plenty of hotels in the Via Veneto area, like: Hotel D`Inghilterra, Savoy Hotel, Albergo Ottocento, Alexandra Hotel, Hotel Gambrinus, Westin Excelsior Hotel, Hotel Imperiale, The Grand Plaza Hotel.

When we were researching hotels for Rome, we considered the Rose Garden Palace (indoor pool!), near via Veneto and across from the American Embassy. But we ended up at the Hotel Nazionale, which is next to Parliament and around the corner from Giolitti's gelato shop :drool:.

^^^^^

Thanks esiders! I will look those up, a pool would be nice, I searched for ones with pool but any that I found were all outside the city. It is so nice to be able to go for a refreshing swim after a day in the City!

Lol! He loves this girl so budget is not a problem lol well within reason of course LOL Mind you 'wouldn't turn down a very good budget hotel if anyone can recommend, more for him to spend lol

BTW! I already looked up reviews for Savoy hotel, they had an outbreak of bed bugs OMG!

We stayed at the Westin Excelsior last year, I highly recommend it, I loved the location, the rooms were clean and the rooms were larger than what I usually get when I stay in Europe.
A lot of the rooms have a terrace and they have a pool so that made the stay really nice.

I also stayed at the Westin when I was in Rome. The location was great, close to restaurants, bars, and it's not all that far away from the Spanish Steps. It's also across the street from the American Embassy.

Also it's important to note that the staff at the front desk spoke decent English and they were very accommodating. We arrived late at night and they called a local pizzeria and had them stay open later for us. GREAT GREAT SERVICE!

As Krysta mentioned the rooms are a clean and HUGE. I'm in the process of planning a mediterranean cruise for this summer and many of them leave from Rome. If I book one of these cruises I will be staying at the Westin again.

Thanks all!

Does anyone have any ideas on a good budget hotel in the centre? He was just saying today, they are going to be in the room for minimal time and would rather have loads of money to spend. They are both students & Rome is very expensive!

There is a hotel across right across the street from the Patheon. They look out their window & see it. They for course use this a big promo for the hotel.
We were going to stay there but I got the flu & ended up staying in Florence longer. We are very picky about hotels. I don't remember alot about that hotel but remember it filled our qualifications & I thought it was very reasonable. I'm not sure if that would be considered centre.
Found it on trip advisor. This weekend I'll see if I can find out the name, don't have time right now.

Hey hey hey...wait woman!!!You have an italian friend and don't ask her????:wtf: :lecture:
I'm offended!:blah::blah:
The last time i went to Rome i stayed at the VALADIER HOTEL,it is not very big,but it is right near via del Babuino,on the right of Piazza di Spagna.
Plus,it is very very near to the underground station(and to the Chanel boutique too:lol:)

Don't want to talk with you anymore!:bagslap:

:heart::heart:

Hey hey hey...wait woman!!!You have an italian friend and don't ask her????
I'm offended!
The last time i went to Rome i stayed at the VALADIER HOTEL,it is not very big,but it is right near via del Babuino,on the right of Piazza di Spagna.
Plus,it is very very near to the underground station(and to the Chanel boutique too)

Don't want to talk with you anymore!

:heart::heart:

OMG! Stef, I am so sorry :sad: I knew that you didn't live in Rome but of course I should have asked you first my dear friend. Please, please, please forgive me :crybaby:Of course you will :yes:

Thanks I will look at that hotel :heart: :heart: