Travel ROME! tips - questions - advice

That's good to know! I think I'm going to stick with the Tumi for the comfort factor tho -
Thanks!

Yes of course, do how you feel comfortable. And even though nothing happened to me / I didn't feel uncomfortable, can't say everyone will have similar experiences... but I was lucky.
Enjoy your trip! [emoji4] Rome is beautiful!

A Tumi nylon crossbody is my go-to bag when I travel. I have a small Prada nylon crossbody for evening but I usually leave the expensive bags (and jewelry) home when I travel.
We had a wonderful time in Rome, and the Tumi crossbody was perfect. Light weight, hands free and worry free. At one point it was sitting in a puddle of rain water under my chair at dinner. Once it dried, it looked fine.

I'm going to Italy in the summer and it'll be peak season. I'd like to bring a Chanel classic flap with me either the M/L size or the mini size. Do you think it's safe to travel with a classic flap in Italy when sightseeing? I'm afraid of pick pocketing but would also like to enjoy my bags when I travel. If you went to Italy, let me know what bags you traveled with.

I lived in Italy for 5 years. I wouldn’t take anything with you that you don’t mind losing. The Italians are wonderful people and they don’t have very much violent crime. If you stay further north there is less stealing, but if you go anywhere south of Rome, you might regret it.

I carried my Chanel Reissue 226 during my visit to Rome and Milan last October. I doubled the chain so that I could protect the bag under my arm on the metro and in crowds. I had absolutely no issues.

Reactions: luxurylucy
i have been to Rome (twice), Florence, Venice, Milan, and plenty of other places in Italy in particular, and in EU in general. As long as you carry your bag close to your body, hold it tightly, don't leave it unattended, everything will be fine
I carried my Balenciagas, Bottegas and Mulberry everywhere, all returned back home safe and sound
A bit of caution, and you can enjoy both, fantastic places and your gorgeous bags! :smile: