Travel ROME! tips - questions - advice

So we finally found a hotel that we are happy with. At least I think ..

I'm so looking forward to this little trip to Rome next month, we will be there for four days. Do you have any recommendations for restaurants, boutiques or anything I need to do besides the usual tourist things? I appreciate any tip you may have :flowers:

Celyn B and Pinko have great clothing not too expensive and things you can't find here in the states Via del Babuino (Sp?) off the Spanish Steps has a lot of the smaller boutique type stores. The bar and restaurant on top of the Hassler hotel has amazing views at least stop by for a drink if you can. Don't miss the Borghese Gardens and tour inside the house it is beautiful and not too touristy. Also Piazza Navona. Enjoy your trip.

Thanks for the tips. I look into it. We are staying at Il Palazzetto hotel and the breakfast is served at the Hassler hotel. Not entire sure how it works, but it sounds fine.

ITA with the shops around the Spanish Steps, and Piazza Navona. You have to make sure you get some gelati too! You're going to have such a great time! Rome is amazing!!! :yes:

If you haven't been one great thing to do is take the train to Pompeii. It will take close to a full day(you change in Naples). It is so cool to see the ruins, it is well worth the trip.

Another fun thing to do is rent a double bike and ride through the Borgese gardens.

For sightseeing, the hop-on, hop-off bus is a good way to get around, since you don't have a lot of time. It stops near all the major points of interest, so you can get off at the Vatican, for example, look around and get back on the next bus and get off again at the next place that interests you.

When I'm in central Rome, I usually have lunch at Maccheroni, followed by gelato at Giolitti, which are both close to the Pantheon and Spanish Steps. Maccheroni is very much a local place - just a small street away from the touristy Via del Pantheon but a huge difference in food quality and atmosphere.

The best shopping is concentrated around the Spanish Steps area. You'll find both the designers (mostly on Via Condotti) and the more moderate stuff (Via del Corso is fun for that).

Buon viaggio!