Review Reviews and Review Requests!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried using the Shu Natural 18 Goat Foundation Brush to apply tinted moisturizer? (Wondering if a moisturizer type foundation would be too thick for the delicate bristles to work their magic.)

TIA

Product: Illamasqua Matt (yes, that's how it's spelled!) Primer

Review: As many of you know, Illamasqua is a new UK/EU line that Sephora is now carrying. I've had this primer for a week or so and have used it daily since I got it in. So far its pretty good and I don't have any major complaints against it. It controls oil fairly well and keeps me matte through the day. I do have to apply in spots and rub in fairly quickly as the primer seems to get almost dry feeling very fast and I will not have a smooth application if I let this "dry down" occur. In fact, I can't apply it at all if this happens. Upon dispensing from the container its a light feeling white liquid with a fairly thick consistency that is non-sticky; it was a major feel change from the Smashbox primers I usually use. Other than the dryness its a fairly good product that does what it is designed to do. At this point in time, I'm sort of on the fence about whether this gets put into heavy rotation and if I'll repurchase again.

Price: $28

Buy Again: Too soon to tell

Where to Buy: Sephora

Agree. It's really helpful. I actually searched Google for reviews on the Lorac Moc Crock lip gloss set and your blog came up in the top 10! I bought it at the Lorac VIP sale price- $7.50. You can't go wrong at the price- lovely colors, very wearable and decent sizes for mini glosses.

you flatter my elizat! and yes those glosses are such a great value and really pretty to boot!

Has anyone tried using the Shu Natural 18 Goat Foundation Brush to apply tinted moisturizer? (Wondering if a moisturizer type foundation would be too thick for the delicate bristles to work their magic.)

TIA

i have - this is yet another product i've reviewed for the blog LOL! :P this brush is actually meant to be used in conjunction with thick cream foundations, so you don't need to worry about a product being too thick for it, although i still prefer to use it with thinner, runnier foundations. it's really a great brush though and i highly recommend it!

^LOL, I know JC, it was your review that inspired the interest....just didn't want to flood you with too many questions!

But I am glad you answered, anyway! (Yes! :happydance:)

You're always welcome to e-mail me, you can never flood me with too many questions! I sometimes disappear and take forever to respond LOL, but I do promise to do my best :P.

itsnicole was raving about one of the armani foundation brushes at some point and I've been curious about that one ever since. Although lately I've been airbrushing my foundation = no brush :graucho:.

Oh my gosh! I just read to page 33 and decided to click the "Last" button, and my mouth dropped when it went to 99! Wow! You girls a big chatters :smile:

I have a few requests, but if they've already been done could someone direct me to where the reveiw is? Thanks!

-MAC Studio sculpt foundation
-MAC Prep + Prime Skin
-Studio Gear Prime Objective Skin Perfecting Face Primer
-MAKE UP FOR EVER Smokey Lash
-Huge Lips Skinny Hips Lipgloss
-Fekkai COIFF CONTRÔLE IRONLESS STRAIGHTENING BALM

Thanks everyone! :smile:

Last edited:
Make up Forever SMokey lash is AMAZING!!!! I am purchasing a new bottle today so I'll do a review if I remember. PM me if I don't have it up by tonight :smile: It's my FAVORITE mascara so far. I was a BadGal ADDICT but hated the smuding and smokey lash is my HG mascara.

Make up Forever SMokey lash is AMAZING!!!! I am purchasing a new bottle today so I'll do a review if I remember. PM me if I don't have it up by tonight :smile: It's my FAVORITE mascara so far. I was a BadGal ADDICT but hated the smuding and smokey lash is my HG mascara.

Yay! thanks:smile: I was thinking about Badgal lash too, but I'll probably get MUFE Smokey Lash. Can't wait for the reveiw!

Here you go AmourJuicy!

Benefit BadGal in black
This has been one of my favorites for about 2-3 years but I hate the smudging and with contacts it's hard to avoid. Great length, and volume not a lot of curl.
Photo37.jpg

Photo38.jpg

MUFE Smoky Lash in black
My HG mascara so far. Great length, volume, and curl. It's a little clumpy in the photo due to my eyelashes still having remover on them but you can get the drift. I love how black this mascara is and it's great for a smoky eye or a night out.
Photo41.jpg

Photo42.jpg

DISCLAIMER - forgive the unkept brows :smile: I also did not use a eyelash curler. I do when I go out but on lazy days nope. I also use Talika lipocils for the past month and it's made a huge difference.

Rimmel Volume Flash Mousee in black
This one is great for a day look. Really light, not very dark. Has curl volume not tons of length but a good amount. I like this one for a more natural eye lash look.
Photo39.jpg

Photo40.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.