Review Reviews and Review Requests!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Givenchy grey lavender vs black mascara review continued...

Pic 1 - my bare eyes! eek so uber blonde lol

Pic 2 + 3 - one coat; grey on left, black on right

Pic 4 + 5 - two coats (two grey on left, two black on right) plus eyeshadow, black eyeliner, brow definer, etc

Attachments

• IMG_6526.JPG
    IMG_6526.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_6539.JPG
    IMG_6539.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_6542.JPG
    IMG_6542.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_6576.JPG
    IMG_6576.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_6577-2.jpg
    IMG_6577-2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 206
^You need to show me how to put this stuff on! I have it but can't seem to get the hang of it!

Haha! I tried to follow the directions to the best of my abilities the first few times (kinda scary putting that spiky ball near your eye at the beginning!!!) and then I just played with it to figure out how it best coated my eyelashes... I'll make ya a diagram later today!!

Givenchy grey lavender vs black mascara review continued...

Pic 1 - my bare eyes! eek so uber blonde lol

Pic 2 + 3 - one coat; grey on left, black on right

Pic 4 + 5 - two coats (two grey on left, two black on right) plus eyeshadow, black eyeliner, brow definer, etc

Thanks TygerKitty! I love your make up! I think the grey lavender is lovely but I suppose you wouldn't see it very well unless you're up close, even if you're uber blonde! It won't show up on my brunette lashes, for sure!

Product: MD Skincare EZ4U 4-in-1 Facial treatment pads

Review: I like to use cleansing towelettes when I'm traveling and saw this product on Sephora. It has excellent customer reviews on Sephora. MD Skincare claims this product (a small towelette) will do for cleanser, toner, exfoliant and moisturiser.

You're supposed to rub the pad over your face (avoiding eyes) until it feels dry and then allow your face to dry naturally. I found the product to cleanse superbly, my skin felt really clean afterwards, looked clean, the towelette took all of my makeup off really quickly.

Verdict: I found that the normal/oily pads don't quite give me sufficient moisturiser, I feel like I need to apply a very thin layer of face cream after using the pad. Other than that, I found this product to work exactly as MD Skincare claims and will certainly purchase again. I think these will be perfect for people traveling or to take with you to work if you're going out that night.

Has anyone tried the Shiseido Perfect Rouge lipsticks? There was a write up on them in a magazine I read recently (Shape I think?) and every shade but one is out of stock at Sephora.com. TIA!

Anyone have suggestions for thin, quick absorbing body lotions?

I know this is weird but I like 'em smooth and runny with a quick spread! LOL :upsidedown:

I find Nivea Smooth Care body lotion to be an excellent low-cost body moisturiser - it's quick absorbing but feels really creamy and lasts all day, mild fragrance. I'm in Australia though and I'm not sure if it's available worldwide...

I know this is weird but I like 'em smooth and runny with a quick spread! LOL :upsidedown:
I can't remember the exact name.. but Victoria's Secret Dare? lotion was really fast absorbing. I was really surprised. I think it runs $20, though. I have a bottle, but unfortunately I don't like the scent so it sits there lol. Looks like this:
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=3541693

Actually, I find that Victoria's Secret body lotions work very well. Most of them don't dissolve into your skin THAT quickly except this one sinks in really really fast....it's their Very Sexy body lotion in the tube, and it is my FAVORITE body lotion. Even high end brands can't compete. It dissolves quickly, has a good texture, and leaves my skin feeling moisturized.

Philosophy makes pretty good moisturizer.....it smells really really good, but it takes a longer time for this moisturizer to sink in and you have to not mind the sparkles. :smile:

just wanted to stick this on the new page! i have a sephora gift card on the way and would love some opinions on this!

I've tried it and didn't like it. I was mainly attracted to it because it has spf 30 and because it is oil free. Most beauty gurus can't stop raving about it, but I personally find that it:

- can be very drying, can potentially get into fine lines and draw attention to them.

- is very hard to spread it evenly on the face, I've used a brush, a sponge, my fingers even, and it is still very hard to get an even coverage mainly because of its texture. It has little fluidity making it hard to apply.

- does not provide sheer luminous coverage like most TMs. It's at least a medium coverage, definitely on par with most foundations. This can be a good thing if that's what you want, but if you want a barely there luminous and natural look, this particular TM will not give you that. It will give you more of a mat medium coverage.

- is not very moisturizing overall, I found myself applying night cream before putting this on my face just to get my skin moist, which defeats the entire purpose of having TM.

Good things about this TM:

- spf 30

- it didn't break me out at all

- it masks imperfections well because the coverage is decent, you may not even need a congealer

If you want to read more, temptalia has a review of it as well.

Last edited:
I've tried it and didn't like it. I was mainly attracted to it because it has spf 30 and because it is oil free. Most beauty gurus can't stop raving about it, but I personally find that it:

- can be very drying, can potentially get into fine lines and draw attention to them.

- is very hard to spread it evenly on the face, I've used a brush, a sponge, my fingers even, and it is still very hard to get an even coverage mainly because of its texture. It has little fluidity making it hard to apply.

- does not provide sheer luminous coverage like most TMs. It's at least a medium coverage, definitely on par with most foundations. This can be a good thing if that's what you want, but if you want a barely there luminous and natural look, this particular TM will not give you that. It will give you more of a mat medium coverage.

- is not very moisturizing overall, I found myself applying night cream before putting this on my face just to get my skin moist, which defeats the entire purpose of having TM.

Good things about this TM:

- spf 30

- it didn't break me out at all

- it masks imperfections well because the coverage is decent, you may not even need a congealer

If you want to read more, temptalia has a review of it as well.

thanks for this info! i hope this is the right thread for this, but can anyone recommend another tinted moisturizer? i hate wearing foundation but usually have a few red spots that need covering. BUT-i dont want my freckles to be covered up! any TM that fits those requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.