Review Reviews and Review Requests!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a full review of the Lancome Oscillation mascara? All I could find was "good" and "expensive" lol ;)

tygerkitty i've reviewed that here:

http://www.abeautyfulsentiment.com/2008/10/mascara-series-part-10-lancome.html

if you're interested. it is rather expensive and while it's good, for me it wasn't great and i probably wouldn't repurchase it. the bristles on the applicator are spaced a little further apart than i'd like meaning things can get a little clumpy with this mascara, and while it builds nice length and volume, i've definitely had better with cleaner definition and separation. also, the formula gives your lashes some nice lift but on my asian lashes it doesn't hold a curl at all.

here's what it looks like on me (i have really short, sparse lashes to begin with):

Manish+FOTD+2.bmp

Lancome+Oscillation+1.bmp

chipper i have a review of the dior addict lip glow w/ lots of photos here:

http://www.abeautyfulsentiment.com/2009/05/dior-addict-lip-glow-color-awakening.html

but in case you don't want to read through the full review i'll summarize for you here. i basically thought it was a really nice product thanks to the SPF, decent moisturizing properties, etc. but overpriced for what it is. the color turned a little more berry-colored on me that i would've liked, but i've seen this turn a nice soft pink on others. it is nice and glossy and has an almost gel-like consistency, but other than the cute packaging it's nothing spectacular. oh and a note of warning - the caps on these don't close as tightly as you'd hope.

Thanks guys! Maybe I will wait for a major sale before laying down the cash... I'm perfectly happy with my other mascaras, but sometimes new things just seem fun! LOL!

JC I loveeeeeeeeee your eyeshadow in those pics... gorgeous!

tygerkitty i've reviewed that here:

http://www.abeautyfulsentiment.com/2008/10/mascara-series-part-10-lancome.html

if you're interested. it is rather expensive and while it's good, for me it wasn't great and i probably wouldn't repurchase it. the bristles on the applicator are spaced a little further apart than i'd like meaning things can get a little clumpy with this mascara, and while it builds nice length and volume, i've definitely had better with cleaner definition and separation. also, the formula gives your lashes some nice lift but on my asian lashes it doesn't hold a curl at all.

here's what it looks like on me (i have really short, sparse lashes to begin with):

Manish+FOTD+2.bmp

Lancome+Oscillation+1.bmp

chipper i have a review of the dior addict lip glow w/ lots of photos here:

http://www.abeautyfulsentiment.com/2009/05/dior-addict-lip-glow-color-awakening.html

but in case you don't want to read through the full review i'll summarize for you here. i basically thought it was a really nice product thanks to the SPF, decent moisturizing properties, etc. but overpriced for what it is. the color turned a little more berry-colored on me that i would've liked, but i've seen this turn a nice soft pink on others. it is nice and glossy and has an almost gel-like consistency, but other than the cute packaging it's nothing spectacular. oh and a note of warning - the caps on these don't close as tightly as you'd hope.

Thanks so much J! Love your blog, btw....had to pull it up while at a Japanese market, scoping out the Fairy Drops and Cute Heroine Mascara. :smile:

Thanks guys! Maybe I will wait for a major sale before laying down the cash... I'm perfectly happy with my other mascaras, but sometimes new things just seem fun! LOL!

JC I loveeeeeeeeee your eyeshadow in those pics... gorgeous!

thanks tygerkitty! i think i got the oscillation mascara and MAC"s manish aurora palette around the same time so i had some fun with them :P.

i have a MASSIVE mascara addiction so i feel the need to try them all!

Thanks so much J! Love your blog, btw....had to pull it up while at a Japanese market, scoping out the Fairy Drops and Cute Heroine Mascara. :smile:

awwww thanks chipper! did you end up with either mascara? they're both great!

^After spending about a full fifteen minutes looking at each one front to back and consulting your blog, I walked away empty-handed. Looks like this is going to be one of those take-a-long-time-to-decide-but-keep-coming-back-to-look situations.

I feel sorry for my shopping buddies, I don't know how they put up with me!

^After spending about a full fifteen minutes looking at each one front to back and consulting your blog, I walked away empty-handed. Looks like this is going to be one of those take-a-long-time-to-decide-but-keep-coming-back-to-look situations.

I feel sorry for my shopping buddies, I don't know how they put up with me!

i'm that type of shopper too, only i stand there for a good hour or so just thinking about it LOL. i've learned to never go shopping with anyone i consider dear to me, because they'll end up hating me. well other than the SO -- he's the only one i'll drag along!

i'm that type of shopper too, only i stand there for a good hour or so just thinking about it LOL. i've learned to never go shopping with anyone i consider dear to me, because they'll end up hating me. well other than the SO -- he's the only one i'll drag along!

I am the same way...I have my mom and a good friend as shopping wing women, and that's it. I drive everyone else insane with my ability to check out endless variations of the same product, and hem and haw...that's why I like to check things out online before I go powershopping!! :P

JC, you are lucky, I can't even bring SO. He has said he would rather commit suicide than be at the mall, LOL.

Loquita, I am damned if I don't do any research beforehand. Then it will be an eternity.

I've always said, just plunk me down in a store and I'll be able to lose myself, whiling away the hours--just looking!

When I shop, my mom or other tPFers are usually the only ones that will understand. The rest of the time, I'll go alone.

JC, you are lucky, I can't even bring SO. He has said he would rather commit suicide than be at the mall, LOL.

Loquita, I am damned if I don't do any research beforehand. Then it will be an eternity.

I've always said, just plunk me down in a store and I'll be able to lose myself, whiling away the hours--just looking!

When I shop, my mom or other tPFers are usually the only ones that will understand. The rest of the time, I'll go alone.

Amen, sistah!!! :yes: :tup: :yes:

I am the same way...I have my mom and a good friend as shopping wing women, and that's it. I drive everyone else insane with my ability to check out endless variations of the same product, and hem and haw...that's why I like to check things out online before I go powershopping!! :P

i always do heavy internet research beforehand too, but it never seems to help with the decision-making once i get there!

LOL Chipper the SO knows that he doesn't have a choice. he can whine all he wants, but when i need to shop he's coming with me! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.