Reveal Etiquette

I do this a lot. Especially with major jewelry purchases, occasionally with bags. My hope is DH won't notice these items once I actually use them. You're right, "Honey, this old thing?...I've had it for years." and it's true.

The intent of my starting this thread was to bring awareness of a trend that I found annoying. And to my sincerest appreciation, people have listened.

And Peppers' Hima reveal is stunning.
Ha ha! :biggrin: It doesn't. I just do a sneaky action shot

Thank you for this topic! If you do a reveal, just do it. Everyone is very happy when a member gets a new item, we all celebrate no matter what brand they go with. But to make people wait? Very big turn off. Then you have those that disappear....their posts should be deleted.

Reactions: PJW5813
Lol In my mind it’s like:

heeeeeeyyyyy everybody!!!! Check out this amaaaaazing bag I got! Here is a shot of the box! I will open it and show you what I got
But first
I’m gonna go walk across this tightrope over the Grand Canyon!
BRB!!
hahahaha that is TOO funny.

Did I miss a disappearing reveal recently? I haven't been on the forum much but I rarely see anything but instant reveals.

Reactions: Notorious Pink
Lol In my mind it’s like:

heeeeeeyyyyy everybody!!!! Check out this amaaaaazing bag I got! Here is a shot of the box! I will open it and show you what I got
But first
I’m gonna go walk across this tightrope over the Grand Canyon!
BRB!!

Hahaha!
Funny post. I like it!

However, personally, I don’t want any rules, any “etiquette”, any rules, behaviour, style, fashion police.

Do what you want, ok? And everybody else can like it or not. Equally fine. They have the freedom NOT to read it, not to like it - whatever “it” is. Be free.

Hahaha!
Funny post. I like it!

However, personally, I don’t want any rules, any “etiquette”, any rules, behaviour, style, fashion police.

Do what you want, ok? And everybody else can like it or not. Equally fine. They have the freedom NOT to read it, not to like it - whatever “it” is. Be free.
That's not what it is about. The etiquette rules are for the people that say they have a reveal, show the box and then either reveal the bag at a later date or never do it at all.

Last edited:
That's not what it is about. The etiquette rules are for the people that say they have a reveal, show the box and then either reveal the bag at a later date or never do it at all.

And? who"s suffering from the pain of the supposed non-reveal? Nobody has any obligation, to "reveal" do they? Nobody has stolen the bags. Nor the money to pay for it. Freedom for all. Enjoy your goodies. Everything else is just smoke , mirrors and show. At the end of the day, I just absolutely LOVE looking at all the different colours and finishes so please keep it coming ladies!
I mean:
everyone is free to do what they want! And I love it!
Reveal or not! You ladies have been such a great source of info about this brand. I really appreciate it. (heart!) However, freedom is like...The ultimate Birkin :smile:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Jktgal and honhon
And? who"s suffering from the pain of the supposed non-reveal? Nobody has any obligation, to "reveal" do they? Nobody has stolen the bags. Nor the money to pay for it. Freedom for all. Enjoy your goodies. Everything else is just smoke , mirrors and show. At the end of the day, I just absolutely LOVE looking at all the different colours and finishes so please keep it coming ladies!
I mean:
everyone is free to do what they want! And I love it!
Reveal or not! You ladies have been such a great source of info about this brand. I really appreciate it. (heart!) However, freedom is like...The ultimate Birkin :smile:
You are right, nobody has any obligation to do a reveal, but if you start one, finish it. Don't leave people hanging.