Reveal Etiquette

Thank you. This is why I rarely post reveal or collection shots.

Me too. I used to do it a lot before. But after taking a hiatus from TPF for a few reasons I decided to stop once I came back on again. I actually just did one at Fendi but that was because I asked for advice and the lovely folks there wanted to see so I made the exception that time. I just don't really feel the need to do them anymore though. I will post action shots but thats about it.

Reactions: xiaoxiao and leuleu
It's not an unusual bag but it is very special to me as it was my first Birkin and I would never have let her go if Miss Barenia had not come along. I loved this buyer so much and it was important to me that the bag meant so much to her, so I gave her an extra special price. In all honesty for me I'd rather sell a bag for less to someone to whom a Birkin means something....when I sell from my collection (which is rare, and is why I get so upset when members complain that I feature bags that may or may not be for sale) it is not about profit, it is about where that heirloom goes.
If you'd like to see the reveal, I will PM you, but I am sure if I post a link I will be flamed or my post deleted. I am just so tired of member complaints here (the mods tell me it is all about members complaining) and find it very upsetting, especially as there are so many "should I sell x bag or y bag?" threads that do NOT get deleted.
Sorry off topic again but I think I may have seen that YouTube reveal (B35 gold) and she is so lovely and so so happy! I love watching her and her son! :smile:

Reactions: QuelleFromage
May I also add to the reveal etiquette? Could it be possible to state what size, leather and colour leather your bag is. I know some tPFers are experts but most days I can’t tell:shrugs:I miss the old days where someone would usually present their bag with all the specs. It was nice and some still do it but I just wish more would. Ok rant over :flowers:

I know it's a bit of stretch but it should also be very nice to see photos in natural light too! It's just so hard to see the colour when the photo was taken in dark or indoor lighting. But OK if it's too much trouble to do so.

Reactions: Julide
Is the salivation for Hermes so great that such a thread had to be created? Very odd. You already know it's going to be a Birkin or Kelly on the main board everything else gets moved to recent purchases thread.
Nothing should be moved automatically. People can choose wherever they wish to post their reveals and it doesn't have to be B or K either. If your reveals were moved then it shouldn't have happened.

Last edited:
You are so right !
But if people didn't respond to a thread where there wasn't any post from the OP since many hours, it wouldn't happen.

So true. Like a child that won't go to sleep, it should be left alone and not have the attention-seeking fuelled by a response. BUT we are all human and wish to join in either to enjoy or to complain - anything is better than nothing.

I think it's nice that an Hermès enthusiast can come here to show off a new (or treasured) acquisition and find a community that shares their excitement. Many members here don't have close friends or family that understand or would feel weird showing off a purchase...this is a great place to do it.
It's also fun to guess bags and see new things.
I have seen plenty of non Kelly, Birkin, or Constance reveals, too.

It's just that it IS a bit rude to say you're going to share and then vanish. Reminds me of the poster who started TWO identical threads about the value of a bag she bought and then never returned to either one. If you're going to engage the community, then fully engage.