Resellers getting Chanel items first and selling for premium

Geez, I experienced this first hand this week. Made an ISO post in a popular FB group for a new season bag. I was willing to pay retail + tax + shipping + PP fees. Instead, I got over 10 PMs from sellers (and they keep coming in), offering me their bags for a very high premium above my budget. This bag is still in season! Meaning it’s still being sold in boutiques. While popular new bags are hard to find, I don’t like the idea of paying a premium at release. I’m more open to paying a premium once the bag is sold out and past season. It’s so disheartening because I’m sure many of these sellers purchased with the idea to resell at a premium. Meanwhile I’m still on the waiting list and keeping my fingers crossed. So sad.

Geez, I experienced this first hand this week. Made an ISO post in a popular FB group for a new season bag. I was willing to pay retail + tax + shipping + PP fees. Instead, I got over 10 PMs from sellers (and they keep coming in), offering me their bags for a very high premium above my budget. This bag is still in season! Meaning it’s still being sold in boutiques. While popular new bags are hard to find, I don’t like the idea of paying a premium at release. I’m more open to paying a premium once the bag is sold out and past season. It’s so disheartening because I’m sure many of these sellers purchased with the idea to resell at a premium. Meanwhile I’m still on the waiting list and keeping my fingers crossed. So sad.
I kind of wish Chanel could prohibit any kind of resale for the first 100 days...so either one returns in the applicable timeframe or waits to resell. That would kill the hype based reselling of a new release item. Not sure they could legally do it though...

I kind of wish Chanel could prohibit any kind of resale for the first 100 days...so either one returns in the applicable timeframe or waits to resell. That would kill the hype based reselling of a new release item. Not sure they could legally do it though...
This would be verrrry difficult to implement legally. Technically, any buyer could do anything to the bag if they wish once they own it. Wear it, sell it, throw it in the trash, or destroy it lol.. Chanel already has received payment from them at time of the purchase.

This would be verrrry difficult to implement legally. Technically, any buyer could do anything to the bag if they wish once they own it. Wear it, sell it, throw it in the trash, or destroy it lol.. Chanel already has received payment from them at time of the purchase.
...I know..that’s why I noted the legal part as well.

I still ”wish“ they could...but ultimately the buyers are likely. the only ones who can help put a stop to this...

Looks like there are rumors that Chanel is likely to remove waitlist and reserve- if this will be the case am sure resellers are going to astronomically increase prices.

note that currently there is a restriction of 2 bags per 60 days and also some stores allocate bags based on lottery system.
Am sure there will be plenty of unicorns will come and not enough stock and desperate buyers will seek resellers.

Reactions: Jellybean111
Right?? She owned the bag for only 1 month during a pandemic....come on. I am getting tired of seeing more and more people on IG who initially joined to be a part of a community and a love for handbags now trying to become low key resellers and personal shoppers.
I think I know too who you are referring to. I was surprised too that she is letting that go, I think people sometimes buy to sell. It’s upto people to do what they want with their goods of course but I think chanel should control with how many popular bags one can buy from SAME season. She bought the caramel medium classic flap & the mini, I mean both were impossible to get hold of and highly in demand. So surely chanel can allow one popular bag per person for fairness & to give more people a chance? I’m also kind of put out by YouTubers, insta luxury community people just buying to sell. The reviews don’t seem genuine anymore.

I think I know too who you are referring to. I was surprised too that she is letting that go, I think people sometimes buy to sell. It’s upto people to do what they want with their goods of course but I think chanel should control with how many popular bags one can buy from SAME season. She bought the caramel medium classic flap & the mini, I mean both were impossible to get hold of and highly in demand. So surely chanel can allow one popular bag per person for fairness & to give more people a chance? I’m also kind of put out by YouTubers, insta luxury community people just buying to sell. The reviews don’t seem genuine anymore.

Especially the "Oh I'm now realizing this bag doesn't work for me" BS. Please. You don't just have an epiphany with an unused brand new bag you only just posted/unboxed on social media but didn't use at all. They knew they were planning to resell all along. It's all part of the game to get more subscribers/likes/followers on their social media.

Especially the "Oh I'm now realizing this bag doesn't work for me" BS. Please. You don't just have an epiphany with an unused brand new bag you only just posted/unboxed on social media but didn't use at all. They knew they were planning to resell all along. It's all part of the game to get more subscribers/likes/followers on their social media.
Guessing she’s planning on making room in her budget for the 21A caramel :oh:

based on what I’m reading in other threads I wouldn’t be surprised if the resellers have been busy flooding those lists. It’s probably what’s causing my main boutique to remove waitlist and reserve.:annoyed:

Reactions: 2manychins

I don't believe that will help. They will likely just get friends or family members to buy the bag under their name.

Also, I honestly don't see what's wrong with purchasing 1 medium and 1 mini. It's not like she bought multiple bags of each, that would of course be very problematic and unfair. What if someone really loves the color and really truly just wants to have it in two sizes and doesn't even plan to sell ever....that shouldn't be allowed anymore?