Resellers getting Chanel items first and selling for premium

I think people really need to stop buying bags from FB group and IG at premium prices. Eventually those sellers will have to reduce their prices or return back to the store if no one buy it. It is ridiculous to see all these resellers taking all the bags and selling 1K or more in profit. As long as people are willing to buy then they will not stop. Don't even get me started on vintage bags. I've seen vintage bags going to double, triple or more and some are even same as retail or more than retail. Why do people even buy it at the premium prices? To me buying vintage bags was to save money. Now sellers are just taking advantage of buyers that don't do their research or might not know much. In order for all these nonsense to stop, people need to wakeup and stop buying at premium prices. Chanel will always come out with nice bags and different colors. If you don't get it this time then there will also be the next. Also there is no such thing as unicorn. The word unicorn is just an excuse for them to sell at a premium prices and laugh behind buyers back for being stupid and falling for their tactic.

Almost fell for paying close/over retail for a few vintage bags which caught my eyes the last few months. But luckily I did not because it wasn't a full set/paying tax is another few hundreds at least, which makes the purchase extremely expensive that i couldnt bring myself to do it.

Maybe it doesn't apply to all who buys vintage, but I have a preference for vintage because I like knowing that it has a history to it, and it's quite amazing to have a bag thats as old, if not older than me. So maybe that justifies for a slight premium for me to pay for a vintage, but definitely not something like 1-2k over retail vs a new bag from boutique especially if its a cf.

But the price increase within 2021 for the vintage market is equally bad with all the markups from chanel price increases/resellers which is making me think twice about getting a chanel in general, be it both fresh from boutique or from the vintage market.

Chanced upon this thread just today and it just makes me feel like there's more sense for me to look at other bags instead with the poorer quality/race to get "unicorn bags" with chanel. I thought I had a unicorn bag, but unicorns are now more common than i thought.

i think once people start travelling this shopping craze will subside! It is because people cannot travel they want to spend money on bags !
I agree with this as most of us that still have income coming in are either saving or spending. What we spent our money on prior to Pandemic, we are re-directing to shopping. Hence more buyers than the current limited inventory levels.

I am quite against purchasing from a reseller or second hand simply bc I am afraid of buying a super fake so unfortunately it’s not really an option... maybe if I was buying a cheap bag I would try this..

Is purchasing from overseas an option for you? I understand some prefer to see the item in person first and then there’s duties.. but I’m just brainstorming with you..

Lately there have been horrid stories on FB groups about people getting scammed, issues with shipping, money transfer, etc. The entire process is just so stressful for both the buyer and seller. I am sure there are some great consignment stores especially who sell vintage items for years now. Still these stories make me not want to buy from resellers/shoppers even more and also not sell to complete strangers.

Lately there have been horrid stories on FB groups about people getting scammed, issues with shipping, money transfer, etc. The entire process is just so stressful for both the buyer and seller. I am sure there are some great consignment stores especially who sell vintage items for years now. Still these stories make me not want to buy from resellers/shoppers even more and also not sell to complete strangers.

Please do not sell or buy from unless anyone you are certain they are genuine because there are lots of honest people who want a quick and hassle free sale. But I got scammed and I dont trust most people now

Browsing around Fashionphile and just came across this. Wonder who will pay double for this? Highway robbery lol....

View attachment 5021586

I mean either there’s someone out there who believes they literally can’t live without it...(you can live without it! Don’t do it!).

...or there’s someone out there who has $8K to spend and does not know the retail price?? (Not sure this is even possible...)

...defies logic

I mean either there’s someone out there who believes they literally can’t live without it...(you can live without it! Don’t do it!).

...or there’s someone out there who has $8K to spend and does not know the retail price?? (Not sure this is even possible...)

...defies logic
It’s crazy how much that is marked up. So many of the Chanel flaps are $1500-$2000 above retail but this is the most ridiculous one I’ve seen...so far. Nothing shocks me about the prices I see on Fashionphile anymore.

I read through this thread, and am so glad I'm not the only one who feels a little nauseated by everything that's happening. On IG I saw someone get their hands on a medium caramel flap. Then (very) shortly after, also get a mini caramel flap. Next, they posted a bunch of photos gushing about how amazingly lucky they were to get their hands on both unicorns. A month later, they are selling the mini to FASHIONPHILE, and didn't even hide with how happy they are to be getting a generous offer. Cue comments begging to pay whatever FP is offering. It's madness, and I immediately unfollowed. At the beginning, I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt and thought: ok, some people like to collect the same color/color family. But then it became clear that instead of turning the mini down, or returning the bag for someone else to have a chance, they wanted to take a bunch of photos with both caramel bags for content and then resell for profit to fund the next bag. I personally don't care for the caramel flap that much, or chasing "unicorns" for that matter, but I know there are tons of people who do and deserve a chance. To hoard a bag for likes and then to sell to FP, where you KNOW they are going to price gouge...the whole thing really rubs me the wrong way.

I read through this thread, and am so glad I'm not the only one who feels a little nauseated by everything that's happening. On IG I saw someone get their hands on a medium caramel flap. Then (very) shortly after, also get a mini caramel flap. Next, they posted a bunch of photos gushing about how amazingly lucky they were to get their hands on both unicorns. A month later, they are selling the mini to FASHIONPHILE, and didn't even hide with how happy they are to be getting a generous offer. Cue comments begging to pay whatever FP is offering. It's madness, and I immediately unfollowed. At the beginning, I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt and thought: ok, some people like to collect the same color/color family. But then it became clear that instead of turning the mini down, or returning the bag for someone else to have a chance, they wanted to take a bunch of photos with both caramel bags for content and then resell for profit to fund the next bag. I personally don't care for the caramel flap that much, or chasing "unicorns" for that matter, but I know there are tons of people who do and deserve a chance. To hoard a bag for likes and then to sell to FP, where you KNOW they are going to price gouge...the whole thing really rubs me the wrong way.

i know who you are talking about and when i read what she wrote about she had her fun with it, i was like, fun how? fun where? in a pandemic? we are not even going anywhere? how did you use it aside from taking it's photos.

Browsing around Fashionphile and just came across this. Wonder who will pay double for this? Highway robbery lol....

View attachment 5021586
Wowwwww - i don't know - in the end, yes the customer decides, if the resellers can offer such prices, because they continue to buy. But from a reputable source like fashionphile - i would somehow loose my trust in a company, that is just trying to profit as much as possible. I think there are people who don't bother to pay a loooot more, as long as they can have the "It-Piece" without bothering the stress of contacting SAs, getting on lists, hunting a bag down. They will be like: Time and effort are money, so they will pay more for the price but save their energy. Personally i could not imagine doing that, even if i were to be multi-millionaire. But i guess it depends on your priorities.

i know who you are talking about and when i read what she wrote about she had her fun with it, i was like, fun how? fun where? in a pandemic? we are not even going anywhere? how did you use it aside from taking it's photos.
Right?? She owned the bag for only 1 month during a pandemic....come on. I am getting tired of seeing more and more people on IG who initially joined to be a part of a community and a love for handbags now trying to become low key resellers and personal shoppers.