Reporting Fakes on eBay: Three Ways

There is one more way to report fakes that I have found to be extremely effective...

email [email protected] with every piece of information you have on the seller.

I use Outlook, so after using eBay to ASQ, (to inquire about their counterfeit source) I hit reply from Outlook and it shows their ACTUAL email address. I get their location from their My World page, and anything I can find on the supplier.

Last month I took an hour or so to do the research on an eBay counterfeiter and their online supplier, emailed everything I had to [email protected], and within 48 hours, the eBayer had every listing pulled and the online supplier was no longer using photos stolen from Coach.com or advertising Coach handbags for sale.

FeeBay doesn't care how many times a counterfeiter is reported, they just want their money. Coach cares... and takes action when provided with enough information to do so.

It felt soooo good after so much fruitless reporting to finally get some results.

There is one more way to report fakes that I have found to be extremely effective...

I use Outlook, so after using eBay to ASQ, (to inquire about their counterfeit source) I hit reply from Outlook and it shows their ACTUAL email address. I get their location from their My World page, and anything I can find on the supplier.

Last month I took an hour or so to do the research on an eBay counterfeiter and their online supplier, emailed everything I had to [email protected], and within 48 hours, the eBayer had every listing pulled and the online supplier was no longer using photos stolen from Coach.com or advertising Coach handbags for sale.

FeeBay doesn't care how many times a counterfeiter is reported, they just want their money. Coach cares... and takes action when provided with enough information to do so.

It felt soooo good after so much fruitless reporting to finally get some results.

Great job! You are quite the little detective there!!! And I love your name of Ebay = Feebay. If you haven't copyrighted that name, you should! You could sell t-shirts! I'm going to start using that name for Ebay to - Feebay!

Wow! I had no idea. Thanks for the info. I've just started reporting obvious fakes, so now it's time to REALLY start reporting them. I just bookmark the form and paste the numbers in while browsing. Once I hit 10, I open it back up. Makes it REALLY easy to report fakes.

You can also join us at knowknockoffs.com and report with our group. Ebay is more likely to pull a fake if several reports are sent on the same item.

I had a few conversations with one of Coaches in house lawyers a while back. You were lucky to get results that quickly as she said they are about 50,000 reports behind on the counterfeit reports.

Mods, feel free to move this to the correct place, maybe I should have put it in the main ebay forum???

From another board, I have to share this!!! I wish I could take credit, but alas, I never knew there was more than one way, and its great because way #3 allows you to put in your information as to why, etc...

I am really happy about this, I only ever did number 1! We can do all three for one item. Its not that time consuming, and YAY, for those heinous fakes it seems a good investment of a little time.

Scenario 1: Report as a counterfeit
Step 1: Select "Counterfeits and copyright violations"
Step 2: Select "Potential trademark infringement"
Step 3: Select "Counterfeit clothing..."
Click on "Continue"
When next page appears, click on "Email us"
When next page appears, click on "Send"
After email is sent, go back to the first reporting screen.

Scenario 2: Report as listing violation
Step 1: Select "Listing policy violations"
Step 2: Select "Misleading title"
Step 3: Select "Intentionally misleading or deceptive titles"
Click on "Continue"
When next page appears, click on "Email us"
When next page appears, click on "Send"
After email is sent, go back to the first reporting screen.

Scenario 3: Report as fraud
Step 1: Select "Fraudulent listings"
Step 2: Select "You suspect that a listing is fraudulent but you didn't bid"
Step 3: This box contains a message telling you to click on "Continue".
Click on Continue
When the next page appears, click on "Email us".
When the next page appears, you will see a box with the item number already input and a box titled ""Enter your question/concern". Write your reasons for believing that the article is fraudulent. ... I include the facts and language stating that the article is a fake, the seller is a fraudster and that eBay is complicit by allowing the seller to continue to list items.
Number 3 doesn't always work. It depends on who's manning the reports. I've gotten emails back from the fraud unit that says they don't deal with any reports that already have reporting links, like the counterfeits, and that they have no way to forward the reports to the correct department. I have to give them credit, though, I've reported 3 big counterfeit sellers to fraud this week and they have been pulled.

Well, true, we really dont know how they are received once we send them...but the beauty of #3 is that you get to put in your .02. Otherwise, its click click goodbye.

I always try to point out the reasons why it is a fake, and remind them it is a CRIME, etc. Its important to try....

We are seeing lots of auctions being pulled, I dont know if it is the reporting, or extra summer help...but anyway, lets all do what we can.....

I've had great success with CobaltBlu's method #3 to get fake Hermes bags removed. Several H lovers usually bombard them at the same time.
Thanks again, CB.

And for those who are technically challenged like me, the preliminary step before any of the three methods is to go to the bottom of the page of the fraudulent listing and click on *report this listing.* You don't have to go to the security center, and the listing number is automatically inserted in the reporting boxes.

^^thanks for that reminder, hBird!!

I have also begun to add something like this at the end of my rants in option 3:

I see that you have been removing a lot of fraudulent listings lately. Thank you for all your hard work in protecting buyers from counterfeit goods. bla bla bla.

yes, its sucking up a little, but I was trying to think of the poor person reading all this stuff all day, maybe catch a fly with honey????

Hello I am Tish

I could use some help.
I just bought a gucci Boston bag off of e bay...How can I tell if it is real......... I onty have 3 days to respond.

Go to the Gucci thread then go to the authenticate this thread and post as many detailed pictures as possible The experts will let you know usually within 1-2 days. Good Luck hope its real:smile:
If you can't find out and just feel bad about it return just to be on the safe side.
Victoria

I have started a thread for this, but want to include this information in the sticky as well...

This came up in another thread.....

When reporting stolen photos if you are NOT the original seller, do NOT use the stolen photo reporting option. You will get the standard bla bla from ebay saying they cant do anything until the original listor contacts them.

To report stolen photos, use option 3 in my post on reporting 3 ways (click below). I have repeated this at the end of this post as well.

Option 3 is a generic fraudulent listing form, :yahoo:
covering all manner of evils, and which does have a box where you can type a message. Because it is not the "stolen photos" form, you will not generate thiis standard response.

When I report stolen photos, I start out this way:

STOLEN PHOTOS!!!! THIS SELLER IS FRAUDULENTLY USING ANOTHER EBAY USERS PHOTO IN AN ATTEMPT TO DEFRAUD BUYERS!! Please do not be complicit in this fraud!! No doubt this seller is going to either pass off a fake chinese _________, or the buyer will ge an empty box!!!

Please see THIS listing for the original photos of a bag that was SOLD on ebay. You collected fees for this sale. DO NOT be complicit in another user defrauding a buyer and stealing copyrighted material from another reputable ebay user.

Then I give all the numbers, the new listing, the old, etc....

I ALWAYS end by thanking them for their hard work.

Make a note of the original listing, because eventuallly it will drop off the search. We just had it happen on another subforum, when a seller tried TWICE to steal another listors photos, by the time they tried it the second time, the original listing (the good one) could not be found. Luckily one of our members had made a note of it in her post, so we could get the SECOND fraudulent listing pulled as well.

Here is the part of that post that addresses option 3

Scenario 3: Report as fraud
Step 1: Select "Fraudulent listings"
Step 2: Select "You suspect that a listing is fraudulent but you didn't bid"
Step 3: This box contains a message telling you to click on "Continue".
Click on Continue
When the next page appears, click on "Email us".
When the next page appears, you will see a box with the item number already input and a box titled ""Enter your question/concern". Write your reasons for believing that the article is fraudulent. ... I include the facts and language stating that the article is a fake, the seller is a fraudster and that eBay is complicit by allowing the seller to continue to list items.

____

I have to credit a member from another forum for this great information, but I am happy to share it and we are seeing results. YAY

please, WATERMARK YOUR PHOTOS~!!!!!

I just got scammed on ebay, I purchased a LG Marc Jacobs Multipocket and it came today, FAKE FAKE FAKE, i reported it to my credit card company and to paypal. But ebay won't do anything for 10 days!!