Reporting Fakes on eBay: Three Ways

Yes you can DO all this. But unfortunately unless the Vero rights owner contacts them ebay will DO nothing more than send you their famous canned messages. Some may think they have had success, but it was the vero rights owner who has accomplish this feat. Thats the way ebay wants it. DO YOU really think ebay cares or wants to take action I think not. If every counterfeiter was taken off ebay they loose MILLIONS. More millions than it takes fighting these big law suits like tiffany's etc. So they made it clear COME ALL YE CONTERFITERS

THE fastest way to use paypal is do the not as significantly described. They DO NOT allow sellers to use their seller protection on this type of filing. And the seller will usually give in quickly. I have seen sellers being defrauded this way. One seller sent a watch. And recieved watch parts back. Again because the seller protection policy doesnt apply to significantly not as described items wither true or not.

Oh by the way as soon as you do a credit card filing EVERTHING STOPS at paypal. AND it will take longer. Do the not as decribed with paypal for fast action. Then if by some strike of lighting you didnt win do the credit card

I hope you are aware ebay can only have auctions of fakes removed as long as the copyright owner is a member of ebay's VERO program?

If you don't see your designer listed, ebay will not remove the auction:
Click her to see a list
Bear in mind not all designers are members, to be a member probably involves some costs and a legal enforcement procedure in place. Not every designer is familiar with legal procedures, and some decide they do not have the resources to be a VERO member at this time.

Well not totally true. MANY member choose not to be listed. But are in fact part of the Vero progam.

I reported my fake, an LV key ring, tonight, got a quick response about investigating the seller etc; also called Amex who I used via Paypal to file a dispute; they were going to suspend the charge. What do I do next? Wait til I see my cc was credited the money, then send it back? I also contacted the seller with my allegations and he flipped out on me (hey, I'm from NJ and a Sag., we don't mince words) but will refund my money. He supposedly has had thousands of sales and his feedback is almost 100%. How can he do this? Maybe he sells other real stuff, but this key ring, IRL, was a piece of garbage. The kicker thats gonna screw him is that it was listed as "100% Authentic". I learned my lesson. Any thoughts?

:shrugs:Question- I don't have a problem reporting fakes the first two ways suggested, but when it comes to giving a description as to what makes the bag fake, unless it has the proof positive black controllato card:tdown:-I personally can't report as I do not feel that I know enough to tell the fakes from the real. Would it be possible to add what is wrong, 1 or 2 words, when posting on "report fakes in three different ways"? eg, if the bag has wrong monogram, or didn't come in that style/colour etc, would it be possible to add this? I am finding that when the items are reported the third way - giving a brief description of what makes the bag a fake, that the listing is removed. Otherwise, the listing stays up. Am I making any sense?:shrugs:

I've always found eBay quite reluctant to remove auctions - especially if you report a lot of them. Its almost like it is too much work for them and they are losing money by not keeping the auctions.

I still like to do my part in reporting, makes me feel a little better. I do find that Ebay removes the listing, but usually it takes the third way of reporting- which is listing the reason why the bag is counterfeit. Like I mentioned, I can only report the bags that have the fake black control cards because I know the bags are fake then. Otherwise, I do not report as I am in no way an expert.:noworry:

does this make sense? I bough a fake LV Neverfull last month and reported to ebay and paypal with the 3rd way...but at last, they refused to give me any refund. And ebay only gave me $400 refund for another fake LV speedy I got from ebay which I spent $500... It's crazy....

Scenario 3: Report as fraud
Step 1: Select "Fraudulent listings"
Step 2: Select "You suspect that a listing is fraudulent but you didn't bid"
Step 3: This box contains a message telling you to click on "Continue".
Click on Continue
When the next page appears, click on "Email us".
When the next page appears, you will see a box with the item number already input and a box titled ""Enter your question/concern". Write your reasons for believing that the article is fraudulent. ... I include the facts and language stating that the article is a fake, the seller is a fraudster and that eBay is complicit by allowing the seller to continue to list items.

Has anyone noticed that ebay now does not have the box to enter your questions/concerns about why the bag is a fake? You can still report that you suspect the listing is fraudulent but you didn't bid, but there is no box anymore to say why the bag is considered counterfeit. Is it just me, or is this something new ebay is doing?