reporting back from hong kong, and...

thanks, c_24. i'm trying to avoid too many labels in one go, so that i don't get mistaken for a junkie. but i do love each and every piece of my loot and hope that they will see me through many years of enjoyment.

ACA

Can you get much stuff in your Chanel? BTW, what size is the Chanel, or what are the dimensions?

How does it compare with the BV which I know you can get a load of stuff in to?

hi bags'rus, the dimensions of my chanel are 10" x 6" x 2.75".

to be totally honest, there is just no comparison. they are totally different looks. i can't fit much in the classic flap other than my wallet, compact, lipstick, tissue, keys and mobile, which is a huge difference compared to the montaigne or large veneta, both of which carry everything you would need on a normal workday. if you take a look at my post on what goes in my montaigne on one of the stickies you'll get a better idea of how roomy it is. if you want to fit a lot into your chanel and want a classic flap, go for the jumbo size.

so i've concluded i will only be using the chanel flap on lazy weekends or for cocktail events as i need to tote a lot around for work. that said, my mum, who is retired, is getting full mileage of my flap as she has taken it on "long term loan". :graucho:

thanks, mundodabolsa, i'm glad everyone has such good comments on the fan clutch. now i can rest easy that i've got a really good piece to go with all my evening outfits. to me the karung fan clutch is so timeless i will still be getting mileage out of it when i am 80!

attachment.php

WOW ! :nuts::nuts:

aca, what an exciting HK haul! It's great to see another karung fan clutch on the board. It really could go with any evening/black-tie outfit. The carmino montaigne is also getting very popular on the board! :tup:

I am REALLY late to this party but I just LOVE your fan clutch!!!!! I think the brass karung is so beautiful - I have the knot clutch in it and it has dazzled at all the holiday parties so far!!! GREAT choices....all your babies are wonderful!!!

thanks eugin, olympia177 and lilflobowl. i suspect the carmine is so popular because reds are so hard to get right and boy, did bv get it right this season. a true, eye-popping, yet classy and timeless red will have great mileage for many years to come.

i'm afraid the clutch was a bit of an impulse buy but all the good reviews here on tpf have soothed my guilty conscience and of course, when i found out that the price here in singapore is sgd3,600, when i paid about sgd3,020 after conversion in hong kong, i felt completely justified in my purchase. that's nearly sgd600 in savings! :okay:

thanks eugin, olympia177 and lilflobowl. i suspect the carmine is so popular because reds are so hard to get right and boy, did bv get it right this season. a true, eye-popping, yet classy and timeless red will have great mileage for many years to come.

i'm afraid the clutch was a bit of an impulse buy but all the good reviews here on tpf have soothed my guilty conscience and of course, when i found out that the price here in singapore is sgd3,600, when i paid about sgd3,020 after conversion in hong kong, i felt completely justified in my purchase. that's nearly sgd600 in savings! :okay:

Lovely clutch! All the more I wanna go HKG soon!