reporting back from hong kong, and...

Ohhhhh, I love your carmino Montaigne!!!! It is SOOOOOO beautiful. I am impatiently waiting one of those of my own, which is on its way (slowly, it appears...) from Bluefly, but in the meantime I'll just gaze at yours for hours and hours. Can't wait to find out what else you bought - how long is that darn meeting?!?!?!

ok, i'm out of the meeting. and to continue with the story, which is nearing the end.

it was my final day in hong kong, and i had checked in my stuff at the in-town check in counter, and decided to browse around the new mall, elements, which everyone was saying i had to check out, before heading to the airport to catch my flight. it was nice enough, with a good selection of stores - shu uemura, shanghai tang, h&m, bcbg, kate spade, diane von furstenburg, and then... i saw bv.

walked in, and was pleasantly surprised to see the sa who helped me when i bought the montaigne at the harbour city store. what a coincidence (or, was it fate?) that she should be helping me again? she explained to me that they do move around the various stores to get familiar with one another and different clientele, etc.

so out came the resort 2008 items in their gorgeous shades of blue, yellow and metallic red and blue, which were nice but didn't move me, then came out the venetas in every shade that they had instore, even the maxi but i wasn't moved. she even showed me the accessories, and i remained stoic. but then came the achiles heel, she brought out the karungs one by one... i was SOLD! :nuts:

so i walked out of the bv elements stores with my last purchase before i took the airport express to the terminal.

karung reveal 1.JPG

hi bookermoose, the carmine montaigne is now out with me for a spin and it's great! such a graceful, ladylike tote but spacious to boot - i can fit my whole life in here! i'm sure you will love it and enjoy it in good health for years to come. :tup:

congratulations on your new purchases.. i don't know there's a store at elements, need to check out there (just 10 mins taxi there)
HK is such a great place for shopping, right???

thanks, rox_rocks, mistikat, ouija board, nwpurselover, nymph, mundodobolsa, mystiletto and catabie - you are such great fellow tpfers!

nymph - yeah, for a long time i thought chanel was a "grown up" brand and steered clear of it but have now changed by mind. the classic flap looks like it could go anywhere - out shopping with jeans and tee, or to work with a suit, and definitely to a cocktail event. and it's timeless so i can pass it on to my grandaughter if i ever become a grandmother one day! :girlsigh:

catabie - i haven't taken the peep toes out for a spin yet, and won't until i get them soled, but i thought they looked more fun than the covered heels, and in singapore it's summer all year round so i don't have to worry about my toes freezing over! i guess if i lived in a temperate climate i would probably have picked the covered heels.

thanks, bill bill. i love my loot! there is definitely a store in elements, and do ask for annie, who was the wonderful sa who helped me at both the harbour city and elements stores.

other than elements and harbour city, there are bv stores in landmark, pacific place, dfs canton road and of course the airport. however, do keep in mind that dfs and the airport store is a lot smaller and doesn't have the range of the official bv stores. to see the full range of bv, i recommend that you pop over to harbour city if you're in kowloon, or landmark if you are in hk island. enjoy your shopping! :jammin:

aca,
welcome home and wow! congrats on your loot! definitely a trip well worth it!
you are a quick worker! i have not even taken pics of all of my loot yet! have been swarmed with work since i got back!

the carmino again is TDF! i need to get my hands on one!i am eyeing the veneta!

congratulations once again! anything else u wanna pick up from hk? hehehehe

hi kopibaby, thanks and good to hear from you. if you are eyeing the veneta there is one at elements and another at harbour city. but hurry hurry, all the carmines are flying off the shelves. my montaigne was one of the two remaining pieces in all of hong kong!

and thanks for the offer, but i have now :banned: myself from shopping till my bonus comes in, which will be in march at least. have fun in hk!