Report Purse Abuse Here!

The only reason I could think of for why the customer placed the bag on the floor is that she was intending to decide between the two and didn't want anyone to have first dibs on it. I know that on a few occassions, I've put something back on a shelf to think about it, and wouldn't you know, another customer behind me snatches it up and goes "buy buy" with it. pun intended.

I would definitely have a problem if the same customer to use her feet to kick the bags around from aisle to aisle, I would be totally dismayed.

I once entered a Donna Karan sample sale on 7th Avenue NYC and overheard one of the bemused assistants standing by the door talking to his friend how it all played out like cattle being released into a pen whenever the doors open to the public. I thought that analogy was fitting, there were throngs and throngs of women rushing the racks of clothes. I mean, alot of people don't really care, they'll shove and push you out of the way to get to that garment and of course alot of it gets soiled or ripped in the mad rush.

We do not wear outside shoes in our homes. We do not put our bags on any floor unless it is in our houses. I am a big germaphobe but whatever someone else wants to do with their bag is their own business. I think all public floors are dirty. You can have money and not be classy, kind, neat, or clean.

I don't think anyone will EVER be rid of dirt, germs and such unless they live in a bubble...Life is definitely too short for me to worry about setting my bag on a seemingly clean floor. I am not talking about a baseball field, a cattle pasture, or a public bathroom.
Even the cleanest of clean houses/stores/environments have germs and dirt...even the clean counters that we set our wallets/purses/hands are as dirty as the floors.

I caught a girl at the bar one time who had a really cute white leather bag. i have no idea what it was but the silly girl had it in the FLOOR of the bar right next to a pool of spilled BEER!!!! I mean, come on!!!

Who puts a white bag on the floor of a bar?!?!?!

I would hope stores clean (mop/sweep/vacuum) their floors nightly...I know I do.

I love my purses, but geez...
I am sure they do clean/mop nightly, however, who is to say that the first customer through the door didn't just traipse in some dried dog ****? This will end up on the floor and on the bag.

I use my purse hook when I am out. I am not a germophobe, but I mop my floor nightly and insist that there are no shoes worn in my house. Just common sense, especially with a small child in the house.

I take care of my bags, not obsessively, but I do watch where I set them and what gets near them. I manage to keep them in new or near-new condition. I don't like dirty signs of wear. What I don't like seeing is someone with a dirty/filthy purse.

As I recall, this person was looking at a couple of bags and she put whatever one she wasn't looking at on the floor by the mirror. There was a counter right next to where she was standing that she could have placed the bags on...and she had her husband with her so if she was worried about someone else buying the bags she could have had him hold them. The floor may not have had more germs on it than the counter. I guess it was just the principle of the matter for me. She was in a Tod's store looking at bags that sell for over $1,000 full retail ...she didn't buy anything and she showed no respect for the products.

The only reason I could think of for why the customer placed the bag on the floor is that she was intending to decide between the two and didn't want anyone to have first dibs on it. I know that on a few occassions, I've put something back on a shelf to think about it, and wouldn't you know, another customer behind me snatches it up and goes "buy buy" with it. pun intended.

I would definitely have a problem if the same customer to use her feet to kick the bags around from aisle to aisle, I would be totally dismayed.

I once entered a Donna Karan sample sale on 7th Avenue NYC and overheard one of the bemused assistants standing by the door talking to his friend how it all played out like cattle being released into a pen whenever the doors open to the public. I thought that analogy was fitting, there were throngs and throngs of women rushing the racks of clothes. I mean, alot of people don't really care, they'll shove and push you out of the way to get to that garment and of course alot of it gets soiled or ripped in the mad rush.

I am sure they do clean/mop nightly, however, who is to say that the first customer through the door didn't just traipse in some dried dog ****? This will end up on the floor and on the bag.

I use my purse hook when I am out. I am not a germophobe, but I mop my floor nightly and insist that there are no shoes worn in my house. Just common sense, especially with a small child in the house.

My point is that not EVERYONE is obsessive about bags. What one might think is rude behavior or "purse abuse" may not be to another.
I think placing a bag on a counter is just as bad as placing it on the floor if you think about it. How many people sneeze/cough into their hands? How many times a day do we touch or grab dirty door handles (including our very own car door handles)?

I own several purses that cost more than $ 1000.00, and if I saw someone looking at one and putting it on the floor, it wouldn't be a big deal to ME. Now, if they are stepping on it, kicking it, or whatever else constitues as abuse, then I would have a problem.

I personally keep all of my bags in clean, new condition. When I have sold any of my bags, people always state how they look brand new...so I am obsessive TO A POINT. I have never thought twice about setting a bag on the floor at a place that appeared clean. Obviously there are places I won't, as I am sure most others wouldn't either.

Sometimes I think it's just plain common sense, ya know? :smile:

You've made your point....you don't see anything wrong with putting a purse on the floor. Some others do believe it's wrong. My use of the words "purse abuse" was a bit of an exaggeration but I do think people should be respectful of merchandise in stores. Someone else is going to love that item and buy it eventually and if it is something I'm buying I'd prefer that it be as close to pristine as possible.

My point is that not EVERYONE is obsessive about bags. What one might think is rude behavior or "purse abuse" may not be to another.
I think placing a bag on a counter is just as bad as placing it on the floor if you think about it. How many people sneeze/cough into their hands? How many times a day do we touch or grab dirty door handles (including our very own car door handles)?

I own several purses that cost more than $ 1000.00, and if I saw someone looking at one and putting it on the floor, it wouldn't be a big deal to ME. Now, if they are stepping on it, kicking it, or whatever else constitues as abuse, then I would have a problem.

I personally keep all of my bags in clean, new condition. When I have sold any of my bags, people always state how they look brand new...so I am obsessive TO A POINT. I have never thought twice about setting a bag on the floor at a place that appeared clean. Obviously there are places I won't, as I am sure most others wouldn't either.

Sometimes I think it's just plain common sense, ya know? :smile:

You've made your point....you don't see anything wrong with putting a purse on the floor. Some others do believe it's wrong. My use of the words "purse abuse" was a bit of an exaggeration but I do think people should be respectful of merchandise in stores. Someone else is going to love that item and buy it eventually and if it is something I'm buying I'd prefer that it be as close to pristine as possible.

Thanks, I can respect that.

I was at an outdoor event and I see a lovely LV Tivoli GM...ON THE GROUND. I just about cried.. (Well not really..) so I figured I'd start a thread about purse abuse lol. What type of purse abuse have you seen?

I work at a 'posh' hotel and one of our regular business visitors tries to bring wife and child about once a month. The little girl is so adorable, about three years old. The mrs has some nice Vuittons and a gorgeous Fendi Peekaboo. What is less adorable is when said 3yo 'helps' mommy and carries her handbag by dragging it behind her on the floor...and out the door...onto the pavement... I gather she can easily afford a ton of bags but it seems like such a waste, no way those bags survive that treatment unchafed.