Report Purse Abuse Here!

We're not all germophobes and maybe the floor was reasonably clean. I can't remember the last time I frequented a store with a filthy floor. I've actually seen (new) bags stacked on the floor space anyway. If anyone buys a bag like that they can give it a once-over with anti-bacterial wipes. I don't see a problem really. It's the covered-in-make-up clothes I hate.

I would never sit my own, much less brand new bags on the floor. People spit, pee and there's all kind of dirt and nastiness outside that gets tracked indoors. So clean floors aren't really all that clean. It's the reason I don't allow shoes worn in the house and I vacuum constantly.

We're not all germophobes and maybe the floor was reasonably clean. I can't remember the last time I frequented a store with a filthy floor. I've actually seen (new) bags stacked on the floor space anyway. If anyone buys a bag like that they can give it a once-over with anti-bacterial wipes. I don't see a problem really. It's the covered-in-make-up clothes I hate.

I completely agree.
Isn't it a little unrealistic to think that one can prevent EVER putting their purse on the floor? I know I don't intend to hang my purse around my neck, or any other kind of juggling JUST to prevent from setting it on the floor?
Now if we are talking about someone shopping and just being rude by throwing bags all over the place, that's a different story. But to assume that someone has no manners or doesn't care for their bag because they sit it on the floor, that's a little drastic.

I would never sit my own, much less brand new bags on the floor. People spit, pee and there's all kind of dirt and nastiness outside that gets tracked indoors. So clean floors aren't really all that clean. It's the reason I don't allow shoes worn in the house and I vacuum constantly.

I would hope stores clean (mop/sweep/vacuum) their floors nightly...I know I do.

I love my purses, but geez...

I don't see the issue if they aren't damaging the bag... Unless of course they're buying it, in which case that's their problem.
I sometimes put my bags on the floor, I don't think carpet or hardwood is any dirtier than a table or chair.

We're not all germophobes .....

I don't think the OP meant anything about being germophobic - it's just rude behavior, that's all (on the part of customers not taking care of items, even though they may not buy).

I myself have a habit of straightening things out - if I'm shopping and see clothing on the floor or a PILE of handbags in a sale bin that were obviously in order at some recent point, I'll hang the piece of clothing back up or make a desultory attempt to straighten the bags - if only to make it easier for me to see what's there.

I have a problem with purse abuse. I would never put one on the floor, even if it sparkled like diamonds with the look of cleanliness. I also don't quite like the looks of some gals out there who carry bags that look like they drug them out of the dumpster....all smudged with stains and dirt. Can't you look at yourself and see the dirt? It bugs me. Keep your bag clean. You wouldn't walk around with stains and grunge all over your clothes, would you? Oh....I'm just saying that to all those gals that I see around town....not my beloved purse forum members.....

Funny that this thread came up. I discovered these "bag hooks" online a few days ago and thought they were a great idea. I don't necessarily think other people abuse their bags by putting them on the floor but perhaps don't consider protecting their "investment" (caring for their babies?) as much as others. I guess I don't like the idea of my purses getting scuffed up by dirt (or stained by possible puddles!) on the floor. So it may be a bag hook for me before the winter season brings slushy floors!

box-and-bag.jpg
DSCN1841.JPG

I think it's horrible when people have no respect for items in a store. I've seen clothes ruined, food spoiled (just love it at the supermarket when people leave packaged meat in the magazine rack :mad: ) and items broken by people who are just plain lazy and crass. In the end who pays for all this? WE the consumer!