Repairing Your Mulberry

Hi all. Just bought a Roxanne with a gorgeous oak hide from The Real Real, waiting on delivery, but she is missing a stud on the back side and her edging is not in the best shape. Does anyone with more experience with the company know if they still repair the oldies or just the newer bags? I am in the US and my nearest store is 3 states away so I would have to ship her if they are willing to take the repair. TIA

Hi all. Just bought a Roxanne with a gorgeous oak hide from The Real Real, waiting on delivery, but she is missing a stud on the back side and her edging is not in the best shape. Does anyone with more experience with the company know if they still repair the oldies or just the newer bags? I am in the US and my nearest store is 3 states away so I would have to ship her if they are willing to take the repair. TIA
Mulberry will repair old bags, they replace like for like if they still have the exact parts oroffer a close replacement if they don’t (they check the match is fine with you first)

I don’t know how repairs work in the US and suspect it might be a case of shipping it all the way over here then back again, happy to be corrected if anyone knows of something closer

Reactions: magicpanda
Mulberry will repair old bags, they replace like for like if they still have the exact parts oroffer a close replacement if they don’t (they check the match is fine with you first)

I don’t know how repairs work in the US and suspect it might be a case of shipping it all the way over here then back again, happy to be corrected if anyone knows of something closer
Thank you. I figured once she arrived and I could really assess in person I would use the email on the repair page to inquire. Was hoping it could go to NY, but maybe Rosanne will need a passport 😂

Reactions: 24shaz
Good Morning all. It;s been a while since I have been on here as sold most of my Mulberry bags when I moved house. I do have a small Leighton that I bought new from H of F about 5-6 years ago and have used on and off gently so still in great condition., However, I used it over the Bank Holiday and where I put my card hold (Inside Pocket) I suddenly noticed the pocket and suede lining had ripped away from the leather. I sent an E mail to Mulberry and they said to fill in a repair form which I have done. They have asked for it to be shipped back to be assessed and repaired. It's going to cost in the region of £100 or more as they will have to replace quite a lot of the lining I am guessing. Did Mulberry only repair for free in the first year? Seems to me like it could be a flaw in that the lining isn't very strong because I am very careful with my bags so this tore easily with minimal use in my eyes. Any thoughts? :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_9425.jpg
    IMG_9425.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 6
Good Morning all. It;s been a while since I have been on here as sold most of my Mulberry bags when I moved house. I do have a small Leighton that I bought new from H of F about 5-6 years ago and have used on and off gently so still in great condition., However, I used it over the Bank Holiday and where I put my card hold (Inside Pocket) I suddenly noticed the pocket and suede lining had ripped away from the leather. I sent an E mail to Mulberry and they said to fill in a repair form which I have done. They have asked for it to be shipped back to be assessed and repaired. It's going to cost in the region of £100 or more as they will have to replace quite a lot of the lining I am guessing. Did Mulberry only repair for free in the first year? Seems to me like it could be a flaw in that the lining isn't very strong because I am very careful with my bags so this tore easily with minimal use in my eyes. Any thoughts? :smile:
Goodness, has the suede ripped right off at both sides? I’d be fuming.

You’re right that m repairs are only free in the first year, but there are consumer rights regarding faulty goods & you should maybe look into that (I’m not familiar enough with it to advise on whether it applies here)

I know I was so shocked. I was only putting my Mulberry card holder in and taking it out but I obviously put some pressure on the sides and after a day shopping I saw this. Not sure I could be bothered with consumer rights just wanted to check the warranty period. Well it’s posted back with the receipt so see what they can do and how much the cost will be. 😳

I know I was so shocked. I was only putting my Mulberry card holder in and taking it out but I obviously put some pressure on the sides and after a day shopping I saw this. Not sure I could be bothered with consumer rights just wanted to check the warranty period. Well it’s posted back with the receipt so see what they can do and how much the cost will be. 😳
Keep us posted, I hope it’s not too expensive x

Reactions: Tarababe
Keep us posted, I hope it’s not too expensive x
So Mulberry can't repair it. I did wonder because it would have been a big job to take all the suede off. So they are going to send me a voucher to the value. I am happy with that but I have no clue what to get now since I don't like any of the new stuff.:sad:

So, once they send it, where can you use it as it's not very clear. Obviously on the main web site but does that include pre used item as well as sale items?Also when it says states, I assume that's not the outlet shops. Sorry been a wile shopping with Mulberry so I am out of the loop. ☺️

Reactions: cypr
Come to think about it, I don't think I would buy pre loved from the Mulberry web site as they seem to be way over priced in my opinion. Especially as some show quite a lot of wear. I would have expected Mulberry would do more work on them before selling. 😳😳

Reactions: Navajo princess