Repairing Your Mulberry

Do you guys know if the Mulberry repair team is able to replace the brass/soft gold hardware and repair the piping on for example a bays or an alexa? How long does it take and what does it cost? Thanks!

They can mend most things usually there is a bit if a wait weeks rather than days a lock plate recently cost me £25 piping would be quite a lot more handles for a Ledbury were £120 a year or so ago and a six week wait. Good luck

They can mend most things usually there is a bit if a wait weeks rather than days a lock plate recently cost me £25 piping would be quite a lot more handles for a Ledbury were £120 a year or so ago and a six week wait. Good luck

How long did you have to wait for the lock plate, Ondrea? Was the postage quite high, too? I stupidly missed the year's warranty on my ss pebbled beige Alexa, whose underside lock plate has been scratched by the screws from the lock above ... I could live with it, but I've barely used the bag (my nightshade Lexy still has the protective film in place, so that could feasibly go the same way.) :confused1:

How long did you have to wait for the lock plate, Ondrea? Was the postage quite high, too? I stupidly missed the year's warranty on my ss pebbled beige Alexa, whose underside lock plate has been scratched by the screws from the lock above ... I could live with it, but I've barely used the bag (my nightshade Lexy still has the protective film in place, so that could feasibly go the same way.) :confused1:

Just to tell you my experience, sent my black Roxy off to get a stud replaced, sent it special del £11. As I have never sent anything to them before took pictures of bag, box I sent it in, repairs sheet etc. Got an email confirming they had received and with price I rang and said yes go ahead. Waited, heard nothing so 4 weeks and six days later I rang them. I quoted the ref number and was told they had returned it. After they checked again they nice lady rang me back and said they had it and was waiting for my payment, no one had rang so paid over the phone(£30) and was returned, boxed, with new dust bag and carrier bag the next day so in all 5 weeks. I was very impressed with they way it was returned, it was like buying a new bag. If you do send it off make sure you do take pictures as I had never sent anything to be repaired I didn't know what to expect. But the website does say 4 to six weeks. I assume if it is going to take longer they will inform you.

Reactions: cypr
Just to tell you my experience, sent my black Roxy off to get a stud replaced, sent it special del £11. As I have never sent anything to them before took pictures of bag, box I sent it in, repairs sheet etc. Got an email confirming they had received and with price I rang and said yes go ahead. Waited, heard nothing so 4 weeks and six days later I rang them. I quoted the ref number and was told they had returned it. After they checked again they nice lady rang me back and said they had it and was waiting for my payment, no one had rang so paid over the phone(£30) and was returned, boxed, with new dust bag and carrier bag the next day so in all 5 weeks. I was very impressed with they way it was returned, it was like buying a new bag. If you do send it off make sure you do take pictures as I had never sent anything to be repaired I didn't know what to expect. But the website does say 4 to six weeks. I assume if it is going to take longer they will inform you.

Thank you, madmo! One of my reservations is sending in my pebbled beige, silky snake, pristine Lexy and having her returned with grubby paw prints or lifted scales! I've seen a couple of pics on here where bags have returned with holes in them - and I'd rather live with a few scratches on a plate that nobody can see, rather than extra defects!! However, yours sounds a good experience, even if you did miss a few heart beats when you were told it had been returned to you!! :graucho:

I had the lock replaced on my nightshade SS Alexa last year, as I had the same problem. I took it to the store, they gave me a receipt for the bag and they gave me a call a week later, to say that it's ready for collection. It was all done within the warrranty period and I was told that locks are quite straight forward and that's why it was so quick.

I was quoted £80 to replace the inside zip of a Mitzy i was going to buy. They said if the bag was under a year it was free, up to two years is was another figure which escapes me now, and a bag older than two years £80 !!
If the security of the zip wasnt important i would have bought the bag but it is so i didnt.

I just went back and had a look
2 years old £25
Over two years £85 NOT £80 - RIDICULOUS price for a zip thats straight forward, nothing complicated and a few inches long

Last edited:
I was quoted £80 to replace the inside zip of a Mitzy i was going to buy. They said if the bag was under a year it was free, up to two years is was another figure which escapes me now, and a bag older than two years £80 !!
If the security of the zip wasnt important i would have bought the bag but it is so i didnt.

I just went back and had a look
2 years old £25
Over two years £85 NOT £80 - RIDICULOUS price for a zip thats straight forward, nothing complicated and a few inches long

That is indeed a ridiculous figure, Geddes; the zip should be fairly standard, unless it's on a model that they no longer make and requires a bit more fiddling, but even so ... Serves me right for not sending Lexy in before the 12 months was up ... ;)

That is indeed a ridiculous figure, Geddes; the zip should be fairly standard, unless it's on a model that they no longer make and requires a bit more fiddling, but even so ... Serves me right for not sending Lexy in before the 12 months was up ... ;)

Do you have a store near you, Mayfly? You could try taking your Lexy and try a cheeky one and say you've lost the receipt and you bought it around this time last year but are not sure if you're still within the warranty period or not and see what they say. It would have been around this time last year that you bought your SS in the SS12 sale anyway. I forgot to take my receipt with me when I had my lock done but they were ok to mark it still as being within the warranty period. I think I actually took it back in February this year and I could have quite easily have bought it over a year before when the SS13 collection launched....(having said that, I'm not sure if the SS had been released by then).

Do you have a store near you, Mayfly? You could try taking your Lexy and try a cheeky one and say you've lost the receipt and you bought it around this time last year but are not sure if you're still within the warranty period or not and see what they say. It would have been around this time last year that you bought your SS in the SS12 sale anyway. I forgot to take my receipt with me when I had my lock done but they were ok to mark it still as being within the warranty period. I think I actually took it back in February this year and I could have quite easily have bought it over a year before when the SS13 collection launched....(having said that, I'm not sure if the SS had been released by then).

That is a very good idea, Cupcake! Particularly since I did, in fact, purchase both the pebbled beige and nightshade ss Lexies from a small independent local store during the sale period last year ... The nightshade still has her protective film on the underside lock (the pb didn't have one) so I'm not sure whether or not she will have the same scratching were I to remove it ... :graucho:

Mayfly, try removing the plastic covering from the underside of your nightshade one and run your fingers over the screws. If it feels a little sharp and not completely flat against the plate, then it'll probably have the same problem as your pb Alexa. The scratches on mine were being caused by the screws and I've heard a few ladies on here say that they had this problem with their SS Alexas from last summer.

Good luck! I hope it works for you! Are you sure you're not still within the warranty period? You bought them from Wheelers, didn't you? I thought it was around the end of the sale when they had them.

Do you guys know if the Mulberry repair team is able to replace the brass/soft gold hardware and repair the piping on for example a bays or an alexa? How long does it take and what does it cost? Thanks!
Hi Collonil, I had the piping replaced on my bays last year & my alexa this year and that cost £80 +VAT. I would recommend it as they do a fantastic job.

Reactions: Lianne.e