Repair/Replacement Costs - List

Great buy, but I am not sure any LV will take it in for repair, they do have certain guidelines. How old is the bag? typically if the bag is older than 5+ years it is considered normal wear and tear and aging, not to be repaired. If the leather trim completely needs to be replaced they will suggest you just buy a new bag, they will not rip apart and repair an old bag, they do not consider that a repair. A repair is a detail that needs replaced like a tear in the leather piping or a handle defect etc. usually on a bag that is not highly used and worn out. From the pics of your bag, if might be wise to email pics to your SA at LV rather than risking the embarrassment of bringing it in and having them turn you away.

Not sure that this is totally accurate. Perhaps it depends on your store. Mine will "replace all the vachetta" on a bag and that is all this needs.

I think as long as the canvas isn't damaged, they will replace the leather. I do think that each bag is different.

Yup...your right. I went in today and the SA assessed the leather. I told him the canvas was perfect and only the leather needed repair. We both decided that the bottom of the bag was fine and they would send it in and call me back on a full estimate. :biggrin: I'm really happy about it...I then purchased the LV "Big Book" and yes....it really is BIG.:nuts:

Also...wanted to add, that the SA that helped me was absolutely wonderful. When I walked into the store I set off the alarm. I knew it was me because I have been setting them off and didn't know where to find the tag that was doing it. So...He took my LV bag (Speedy Azur 25) to the back and de-magnetized whatever it was that was going off. I got worried that it would mess up my CC, but the one I used worked like a charm...no worries. So kudos to the SA...JOB WELL DONE!!!:woohoo:

Last edited:
cant wait to see! did they say how long before they would advise you of the estimate?
I haven't heard from them yet. I get jittery when I hear my phone ring...I think its them. They quoted me at about $400.00 to have the strap and the sides fixed, but he wasn't sure about the sides because the SA couldn't find a price. The strap was about 200.00 I think.

***update****

I got a call from my LV boutique and they quoted me for the repair. All of the leather except the bottom (which is still in good shape)...$312.00. Actually not bad....so I approved them to fixer up

Reactions: Guerabrava
Hi I have a problem with my speedy damier 30 one of the rivets/ snap came out. I went to the LV store here in the Philippines they are charging me P5,000.00 (around $100) for the replacement of the single rivet. Is that really expensive..more expensive than the lock and key? Would you know how much is it in your country?

Reactions: Misliz and Kmeiers
Hi.. may i know how long does LV warranty cover you for? i bought my bag in 2007, less than 2 yrs.. i want to replace the gold LV inventor plate..

i bought it to LV boutique at they quoted me SGD$110.. :'( By the way, can this be claimed under warranty? As this bag was just bought in 2007.....

Hi I have a problem with my speedy damier 30 one of the rivets/ snap came out. I went to the LV store here in the Philippines they are charging me P5,000.00 (around $100) for the replacement of the single rivet. Is that really expensive..more expensive than the lock and key? Would you know how much is it in your country?

That price is pretty ridiculous, I have a zipper tab replaced on a monogram pochette ( I wasn't the original owner) and they did it for free. You might want to try checking out another store.;)

LV charged me $35 to replace a zipper pull on my large looping (the old one was worn thin, so it kept sliding off. I almost lost it twice, so decided to have it replaced). They only charged me $90 to replace the entire zipper and zipper pull on my luco! I now need to have my handles replaced for my epi sablon because the underside sustained some peeling/discoloration but it is not that obvious yet. I am extra careful now not to wear my epi on my arm during summer. I am not sure if I want to have the handles replaced because it costs some money. P_B said it cost her $135 to have her epi alma handles replaced in 2008. I wonder how much it would cost now. Does anyone know? Thanks!