Repair/Replacement Costs - List

Hi everyone, does anyone know how much will it cost to replace strap and "Made in France" corner next to the zipper of vintage LV PA in Europe or US? Thanks and nice day!

View attachment 5797106

View attachment 5797107

View attachment 5797108
Do you think it makes sense to replace strap and zipper tag? The canvas has no cracks but quite shabby, also hardware (especially on D-rings) got silver (I assume polishing will not help). Do such purse has some value? (Expect memories :smile: Thanks!

Hi all, I know that Louis Vuitton replaces free of charge tarnished hardware for the Key Pouch, like the zipper pull and the chain. But what if the hardware is completely missing/gone? Will they still provide you the missing part for free? Asking because I got passed on one from 2001, but the chain has since been removed and gone. The canvas loop where it should be hooked is still there though, so I was wondering if LV will “replace” the missing chain. If you’ve had any experience regarding this, do share! Thanks! :smile:

Hi all, I know that Louis Vuitton replaces free of charge tarnished hardware for the Key Pouch, like the zipper pull and the chain. But what if the hardware is completely missing/gone? Will they still provide you the missing part for free? Asking because I got passed on one from 2001, but the chain has since been removed and gone. The canvas loop where it should be hooked is still there though, so I was wondering if LV will “replace” the missing chain. If you’ve had any experience regarding this, do share! Thanks! :smile:
That is very unlikely that they will replace that for free. Like lottery winning unlikely.

Reactions: PrayersandPurses
yes, the metis is well known for having multiple glazing issues. the most common was where the flap bends since it moves so much to access the interior. weird that your handle is having glazing issues since it's rarely carried by it...unless you use it often.
I did use the top handle, but I also didn’t heavily carry this bag. It was rotated often. With that being said I still don’t believe this should have happened. I have contacted LV customer service and they asked me to send it in. We will see what happens.

Reactions: PrayersandPurses