Rejuventating, Repairing or Restoring Your Balenciaga

Ugh. I like a “lived in” look but that looks squatted in. There are a lot of bags available out there right now, are you sure you don’t want to look for one in better shape? By the time you buy the edge koat, cleaner, treatment and paint (etc) necessary to fix that, you are looking at some $$ that could be added to your budget.
Thanks I decided not to get that bag haha I think there are a lot of works to be done.

Might be wrong place for this question, but after seeing all these beautiful bags and their age, how do they maintain the beautiful gloss/shine? I’m scared to condition mine and ruin it lol. Mainly the corners look a little dry

I have a very very vintage Chanel lambskin and it definitely doesn’t have the shine that the vintage Balenciaga bags have

Reactions: iluvmybags
Might be wrong place for this question, but after seeing all these beautiful bags and their age, how do they maintain the beautiful gloss/shine? I’m scared to condition mine and ruin it lol. Mainly the corners look a little dry

I have a very very vintage Chanel lambskin and it definitely doesn’t have the shine that the vintage Balenciaga bags have

I find that regular buffing after using conditioner helps restore some of the shine
Thats what I did with Ceejays’s Olive Brown — it was really dry and “dull” when I received it, but after a few applications of leather conditioner, I just gently buffed it with a cotton cloth and it restored a lot of the shine. I’d be careful with Chanel though. Some lambs leather isn’t shiny and has more of a matte/flat surface. I’ve used conditioner on this type of leather, but it may not restore any shine

I find that regular buffing after using conditioner helps restore some of the shine
Thats what I did with Ceejays’s Olive Brown — it was really dry and “dull” when I received it, but after a few applications of leather conditioner, I just gently buffed it with a cotton cloth and it restored a lot of the shine. I’d be careful with Chanel though. Some lambs leather isn’t shiny and has more of a matte/flat surface. I’ve used conditioner on this type of leather, but it may not restore any shine
That’s exactly how my Chanel leather is! It’s almost a matte finish at this point, but still feels soft.

Thank you for the tips on the Balenciaga conditioning! I was reading the care booklet and it mentioned how the leather was untreated, so I didn’t want to risk damaging anything. Newer bags are so caked on with chemicals and coatings I don’t usually worry as much. I’m not sure where they sourced this Lambskin back in the day, but I have never felt a bag so buttery soft. :loveeyes:

Also I was wondering what conditioner you feel is best? I usually use this brand recommended by Louis Vuitton.
IMG_1721.png

That’s exactly how my Chanel leather is! It’s almost a matte finish at this point, but still feels soft.

Thank you for the tips on the Balenciaga conditioning! I was reading the care booklet and it mentioned how the leather was untreated, so I didn’t want to risk damaging anything. Newer bags are so caked on with chemicals and coatings I don’t usually worry as much. I’m not sure where they sourced this Lambskin back in the day, but I have never felt a bag so buttery soft. :loveeyes:
I’ve owned quite a few lambskin Marc Jacobs bags and have always conditioned with the same leather conditioner I use on my Balenciagas. I see no reason not to. Its the buffing to a shine I’d be hesitant to do. You might try it on the backside of the bag & see if it worksYou don’t buff it until the conditioner dries.

Reactions: discreetlux
I’ve owned quite a few lambskin Marc Jacobs bags and have always conditioned with the same leather conditioner I use on my Balenciagas. I see no reason not to. Its the buffing to a shine I’d be hesitant to do. You might try it on the backside of the bag & see if it worksYou don’t buff it until the conditioner dries.
Yeah that is a good point I’ll try a small spot on the back. For the most part my bag has a good amount of shine, it’s mainly the corners.

Also I was wondering what conditioner you feel is best? I usually use this brand recommended by Louis Vuitton.
View attachment 5986367
I’ve been using Cadillac for years. I’ve used it on everything from Marc Jacobs to Celine to Balenciaga to Louis Vuitton
I don’t know if they just changed their packaging or their formula, but I’ve used both lotion from both of these bottle

IMG_8062.jpegIMG_8065.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: discreetlux
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this? (I clipped it in my car!) Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? I want to fit it so I can use the strap with it! It doesn't clip back together simply. Thanks

Attachments

• 20240420_100655.jpg
    20240420_100655.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240420_100703.jpg
    20240420_100703.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240420_100717.jpg
    20240420_100717.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 10