Rebag

I have offers from Rebagg and from Fashionphile for a pair of designer earrings. Which company is more reliable in paying out what they offer? Fashionphile has been hit or miss for me (half of the time they find made-up issues when they don’t want to follow through with their quotes and half of the time it is seamless). I have no experience with Rebagg, but did read though the thread about them here.
I really like Rebag, my quotes from them have all been close to Fashionphile's quotes; sometimes a big higher. Their customer services is a lot better I think. They've had a specific person reach out to me via text/email and that is the person I have continued to contact when I have questions; they always respond pretty quickly. I also really like their trade option since you can "trade" for an item before even shipping yours off, you don't pay sales tax for the amount your trade is and their trade in value is 15% higher then their cash out.

Reactions: nicole0612
I really like Rebag, my quotes from them have all been close to Fashionphile's quotes; sometimes a big higher. Their customer services is a lot better I think. They've had a specific person reach out to me via text/email and that is the person I have continued to contact when I have questions; they always respond pretty quickly. I also really like their trade option since you can "trade" for an item before even shipping yours off, you don't pay sales tax for the amount your trade is and their trade in value is 15% higher then their cash out.
Thank you, that is very helpful and reassuring. I hesitate to do a trade, because their prices will change by thousands from day today, so it’s hard to invest enough time to lock down a trade at the point where their prices become reasonable/on sale.

You do pay full tax on the actual item you're trading for (unless you're in a tax free state). I traded something a few weeks ago and the item was basically my quote at 3k for a 3k item on their site, with 15% off, but the tax was charged on the full 3k. They call it Tax Adjustment. So the trade item isn't really that much of a score in some cases; you are giving over your own item (at a loss) and then still paying full tax on a new item -- it makes the value of the trade even less. I ended up losing $315 or so more b/c of the tax for the trade. I prefer to just have them buy it out or hold it as a credit. If you really do the math you'll lose with the trade in most cases, assuming you bought the item full price originally. Their customer service is great though! But so was Fashionphile once upon a time!

"Depending on your shipping address, you may or may not benefit from sales tax savings when you place a Trade order. When you do benefit from it, you’re only charged taxes on the remaining balance. When you don’t, you’re charged sales tax on the full purchase price (minus promotional discount) of the items you are buying. Our system automatically calculates taxes on the difference so in the latter case, we have to charge additional taxes."

Last edited:
Reactions: onlyk
You do pay full tax on the actual item you're trading for (unless you're in a tax free state). I traded something a few weeks ago and the item was basically my quote at 3k for a 3k item on their site, with 15% off, but the tax was charged on the full 3k. They call it Tax Adjustment. So the trade item isn't really that much of a score in some cases; you are giving over your own item (at a loss) and then still paying full tax on a new item -- it makes the value of the trade even less. I ended up losing $315 or so more b/c of the tax for the trade. I prefer to just have them buy it out or hold it as a credit. If you really do the math you'll lose with the trade in most cases, assuming you bought the item full price originally. Their customer service is great though! But so was Fashionphile once upon a time!

"Depending on your shipping address, you may or may not benefit from sales tax savings when you place a Trade order. When you do benefit from it, you’re only charged taxes on the remaining balance. When you don’t, you’re charged sales tax on the full purchase price (minus promotional discount) of the items you are buying. Our system automatically calculates taxes on the difference so in the latter case, we have to charge additional taxes."
Sounds a huge loss for the trade - you lost 20% - 40% value of your item, plus paid a inflated price item which the true value of the item probably at 60% (on the higher side) , then lost 15% sale discount, plus paid 7.5 % sales tax ( average sales tax).

the only deal could be is to traded an item none wants such as let’s just say a bunch of low value designer bags to a Chanel leather flap bag.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89

I just completed a trade transaction with Rebag, and they subtracted my quoted "Trade-in Value" and the 10% discount they're currently running from the original cost of the bag I wanted to purchase; the lower subtotal is what I paid taxes on. (approx $98 vs the original $140) That's crazy that some states don't allow for this.... :huh:

I do not live in a tax-free state.

Reactions: Rebeccajst
I just completed a trade transaction with Rebag, and they subtracted my quoted "Trade-in Value" and the 10% discount they're currently running from the original cost of the bag I wanted to purchase; the lower subtotal is what I paid taxes on. (approx $98 vs the original $140) That's crazy that some states don't allow for this.... :huh:

Lucky! You live in a very tax favorable state :smile: According to their site most people won't see a savings "In those locations that offer this tax-saving benefit, the sales tax is only charged on the remaining balance of the trade transaction instead of charging sales tax on the full purchase price of the new item. This is only allowed in certain states and depends on local regulations."

I had some pristine LV items (like new never touched after purchase in box with everything) that I wanted to sell and they prefaced on and on how they only take exceptional condition items, etc. Then low-balled me in a major way! I passed. Shortly after and ever since (it's been over a year) I get texts about selling to them and can't get them to back off. Also anything I look at for sale has shoddy pictures and generally always mentions flaws--- what happened to that high standard they told me about! I don't know seems shady.... but I have never actually purchased from them or placed something in my cart so can't comment on that.
How odd that they would want pristine LV but have so many Celine in awful condition. They use a weird term "outlet condition" to describe it.

What state are you in? Is there a list of states that do this?

Does anyone frequently have technical issues with this site? I can add things to my cart but when I try to go to the cart to check out the site just stalls. This happens the majority of the time for me. I have managed to actually purchase something once and it was fine but the technical issues are getting to be a deterrent to shopping there

End of Story: Yesterday, my UPS agent got a Rebag manager's email from his driver and copied me on that. The email was then directed to the Claims Manager (I now know who that person is, if anybody runs into similar problem please let me know, I'll send you the email). In less than 10 minutes, I received an "Item got checked-in" email for my missing item and followed by a payment email. My "Damaged UPS Investigation Opened" email thread also got a response from the Claims Manager, saying the case was closed by UPS, and a refund has been processed back to my ACH details on file. The money hit my bank this morning! Though this has been an exhausting long journey, I'm glad they did the right thing and paid me.

Hi there, would you mind forwarding me all the details on who needs to be contacted if I am in a similar situation please? Thanks in advance.

End of Story: Yesterday, my UPS agent got a Rebag manager's email from his driver and copied me on that. The email was then directed to the Claims Manager (I now know who that person is, if anybody runs into similar problem please let me know, I'll send you the email). In less than 10 minutes, I received an "Item got checked-in" email for my missing item and followed by a payment email. My "Damaged UPS Investigation Opened" email thread also got a response from the Claims Manager, saying the case was closed by UPS, and a refund has been processed back to my ACH details on file. The money hit my bank this morning! Though this has been an exhausting long journey, I'm glad they did the right thing and paid me.
I am going through this exact situatoin right now with Rebag - sent in a Fendi peekaboo, received an email that the box was received empty. Now well over a month has passed, no responses to emails asking for updates, nice but unhelpful customer service representatives when I call. If you have any useful contacts at Rebag please let me know!

Reactions: a.kz