Reasons to buy a bottega veneta

Smart girl, I like that it has NO EXTERNAL LOGO. I have three and love each and every one. Out out all of my. Designer bags LV, Fendi, Prada and Ferragamo and a few other they are by far my most favorite. LOVE,LOVE,LOVE[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Recently I got 2 knots from previous collections I was truly overwhelmed
by the quality, detail & workmanship..very unique & labor intensive &
doubt I will see the likes of this level of quality from another design bag line

There is that something very special that at times is hard to put into words
but hands down, BV is really a distinctive line of handbags, shoes, accessories
& clothes

The main reasons I love love love my BV is the lack of logo's. When I purchase any other designer bags I always look for the designs that have the least amount of logo's on them.

*shrugs*
I guess I am in the minority because to me, the intrecciato IS the logo.
I mean, it pretty much signifies that you're carrying a Bottega and anyone who knows bags knows they're pricey. I honestly don't think the average non-purse person has any idea how much any brand costs - Louis Vuitton, Balenciaga or BV. My friends don't know designer labels and one friend who knows exactly how much every brand of dual suspension mountain bikes costs down to the penny, thinks LV bags cost about $300.

It may not have a name printed on the outside of it, but I don't think of BV as necessarily an "under the radar" bag - except maybe for the Cervo bags etc.
I only need to see the Cannage pattern to know something is Dior. It's doesn't need the charms hanging off the side to tell me what brand it is - I see BV the same way. But that's just me... :supacool:

Reactions: amateurjeweler
*shrugs*
I mean, it pretty much signifies that you're carrying a Bottega and anyone who knows bags knows they're pricey.

Yes definitely it is the logo but it's NOT a cheesy one :biggrin:

I think besides the lack of cheesy, often gold, logo/charm, what I like about the brand is the quality - the leather and the craftsmanship.

*shrugs*
I mean, it pretty much signifies that you're carrying a Bottega and anyone who knows bags knows they're pricey. I honestly don't think the average non-purse person has any idea how much any brand costs - Louis Vuitton, Balenciaga or BV. My friends don't know designer labels and one friend who knows exactly how much every brand of dual suspension mountain bikes costs down to the penny, thinks LV bags cost about $300.

It may not have a name printed on the outside of it, but I don't think of BV as necessarily an "under the radar" bag - except maybe for the Cervo bags etc.
I only need to see the Cannage pattern to know something is Dior. It's doesn't need the charms hanging off the side to tell me what brand it is - I see BV the same way. But that's just me... :supacool:

very well said and i couldn't agree with you more.
thank you.

I have to agree with some of the comments above I don't consider a BV bag an under the radar type bag .It might not have the name printed on the front but It definitely has its signature on it ! There might be a few that might not be as in your face but it a well known bag for sure !

Reactions: amateurjeweler
I started as unappreciative BV owner to a starting-to-love BV state. I bought a BV bag back in my college days for less than 1K at Rodeo store. It was diamond shaped ( if its folded) bag with the neatest weaved thin straps in blue egg color. The SA said it was a limited edition. So I bought it. During my 20's I am into big bag and logo, so BV sitting unused. I felt that the weaving was too matronly and the light color has yellowish tint discoloration, though evenly, I can tell if I open the flap so I regretted buying it etc etc. I have moved houses (and countries) a few times, so last year I felt the urge to sell my unused bags just because I wanted to get rid of things and to fund other brands. Turned out that the brands I though I would covet is not as nice and plush IRL. However, my BV had sold within a week so it was too late to retrieve it from the reseller. The feeling of getting rid things is also temporarily. The discoloration is not that bad. No one can tell unless they compare the inside flap with the exterior. Bottom line, I regret selling my BV. Especially now I realized BV suits my daily activities, clothes style and my husband's office events. Carrying logo bags would invite uninvited remarks and questions and stares.

Once,I talked to a professional bag colorist ( I decided to recolor my BV, before decided to sell it) and he said that at a glance BV leather strips look all the same, but upon close inspection the strips are actually a blend of matte and satin tone to give the bag a more dimensional look and avoid the bag looking "flat". This technology cant be achieved by traditional coloring so he adviced me just to leave it like that. I have not confirmed it with BV SA, but regardless what the SA would say, my feeling to BV has grown and it takes some maturity to appreciate it, at least in my case. You must know what you like, what you dont like, what works for you and want and need.

I always wear solid colors like navy, black, dark gray and it is a nice backdrop for weave bags. The BV color are mostly muted and dusty tone which is less "on your face" and can look less dirty. It is lightweight (which I have realized a lightweight bag is all I need). The leather is soft and the weaving is neat. I havent seen uneven strips cut or weird weaves. They always look sharp, clean and meticulously done. Last year, I saw The Lauren bags from a blog and was interested. Now, Iam totally in love with it. I will look into BV store here and hoping it is still around although TM had been replaced. One thing to love BV is the boutique. It looks classy with its mossy brown tone interior and you just see the bags, nothing else. Very Italian aristocrat. Unlike its French friends with thin mannequins strutting pearl chain logo loaded bags and jackets. Very appealing to me just early this year but not now. I need and want something quite. Quite-elegant. Just like BV.

Iam sorry for such a long post, but I really need to let it out all my regrets of my sold BV. :crybaby:

Yes, they are beautiful bags. There are quite a few resellers you can purchase from, in addition to the BV boutiques. I'm sure you'll find the perfect bag.
Thank you diane278. My search on Lauren has brought me to your thread. Gorgeous ! Nice deep red and I like it because it is a soft clutch. The leather looks amazing and glowing even from the pictures. I saw one preloved on ebay almost 2k. Not that far from the original price if shipping and custom duty taken into account. I am quite surprised because most reseller put preowned BV on such a low price, but it is not the case here. Hopefully, I am be able to find it here.

Thank you diane278. My search on Lauren has brought me to your thread. Gorgeous ! Nice deep red and I like it because it is a soft clutch. The leather looks amazing and glowing even from the pictures. I saw one preloved on ebay almost 2k. Not that far from the original price if shipping and custom duty taken into account. I am quite surprised because most reseller put preowned BV on such a low price, but it is not the case here. Hopefully, I am be able to find it here.

It’s true that pre-owned BV’s are often priced somewhat lower than some other brands, but it’s partly supply and demand. It’s a current bag and there might not be many offered for resale right now. If there were quite a few out there, sellers might be competing more for buyers. I hope you find one you love!

It’s true that pre-owned BV’s are often priced somewhat lower than some other brands, but it’s partly supply and demand. It’s a current bag and there might not be many offered for resale right now. If there were quite a few out there, sellers might be competing more for buyers. I hope you find one you love!
I saw two Laurens : gigolo red and grey. Both from the same seller. So, yes, there are not many preowned Lauren out there. I eyeing Veneta hobo and Cervo hobo beside Lauren. I saw this lady when I was queuing the toilet, she carried BV hobo (or shoulder bag, I am not sure) in brown greyish color with matching BV flats. She came out from the stall and I just could not stop staring at her despite ladies in front of me carried more expensive French brands. Just a pair of simple pants, a blouse and matching BVs, so chic. That was when I got my "aha" moment about BV is not matronly at all.