Reasons to buy a bottega veneta

I first saw BV in 1980. It was a large red clutch in the iconic woven leather. I saw the bag carried in a movie and fell in love with it. I did not know the brand name at the time. I have no idea of the prices then but shortly after that I saw a nice boutique of BV bags in a NM store.

Diane,
Was the movie American Gigilo? She looked so chic with that BV!

My reason 1:

Indestructibility! The only brand of bag I know that can take a spilled full bottle of water and dry out without any consequences.

And no. I no longer carry bottled water in any bags, not even BV :nogood:

Reason 2:

The bags are so understated, my BF didn't give me the 3rd degree when I bought a new one, he didn't notice :amuse:

1. Because my own initials ARE enough.....
2. Because Diana Vreeland got it right, "elegance is refusal" (less is more)
3. BV brought me to this forum of great people

I've been curious about the BV brand for sometime now but I couldn't convince myself (much less my husband) to own one (yet) because we are in the islands and are surrounded by basket weave designs (w/c are being exported worldwide) from furniture to fashion using cloth, raffia, synthetics, leather, and wood so it would look like nothing special. But now I'm really wanting to own one and have been trying to justify such. And the comments here simply did it for me: lightweight, elegant, and indestructible- my main qualifiers for a great handbag. However, it was so hard to convince DH that I gave up and cried (w/c I rarely do), then he agreed which makes me really happy but I now would need to sleep from all that hard work :P

I LOVE this brand! When I saw one for the first time years ago, I told myself that I'd own one when I grew up, lol! Well, I'm still growing up but I now have a small collection of lovelies. My favorite style is the Sloane & I own her in 3 different colors. I was fortunate to find these on eBay, 2 excellent pre-owned & one that was new-old-stock (nos). I have 2 other styles that I enjoy wearing as well.

Given the price point of the brand, I didn't want to buy from retail w/o first knowing if I'd like carrying one as much as I liked the look. Now that I'm sold on the understated elegance & quality, I will someday consider buying one from retail in the right color & style!

I found the secondary market to be the best way for me to 'test drive' the brand and I'm glad that I did!!!

I haven't pulled the trigger on a bv purchase yet, but I am circling the waters. I really like that they aren't emblazoned with logos all over them. They just look like a high quality purse. But those who know their purses will instantly recognize it as a bv.

I've not yet bought one, but it is only a matter of time. I've been spending a lot of time reading old threads here and really appreciate everyone's emphasis on BV's indestructibility. I am terribly hard on my bags and if a BV can indeed stand up to that, it would be magically delicious.

Plus, I am so so over all the logo action. It just vexes me. If a company wants me to advertise for them, they can cut me a check.

I've been curious about the BV brand for sometime now but I couldn't convince myself (much less my husband) to own one (yet) because we are in the islands and are surrounded by basket weave designs (w/c are being exported worldwide) from furniture to fashion using cloth, raffia, synthetics, leather, and wood so it would look like nothing special. But now I'm really wanting to own one and have been trying to justify such. And the comments here simply did it for me: lightweight, elegant, and indestructible- my main qualifiers for a great handbag. However, it was so hard to convince DH that I gave up and cried (w/c I rarely do), then he agreed which makes me really happy but I now would need to sleep from all that hard work :P

Oh thanks for sharing your cute story! I love to own everything basket weave because of bv hehe

I recently bought 2 stretch knots in silk faille.. one in black & the other in monalisa

For me they are very stylish & forever... They work with so many different styles
of clothing, they don't overwhelm oneself, they are made beyond beautifully &
so very often when I see other gals wearing one, its like a very special club that
we all belong to..

Its one of the most distinctive bags in the marketplace.. Nobody does woven leather
& the colors are just divine..

I recently bought 2 stretch knots in silk faille.. one in black & the other in monalisa

For me they are very stylish & forever... They work with so many different styles
of clothing, they don't overwhelm oneself, they are made beyond beautifully &
so very often when I see other gals wearing one, its like a very special club that
we all belong to..

Its one of the most distinctive bags in the marketplace.. Nobody does woven leather
& the colors are just divine..

👍👍👍 this explains why I feel extra special when wearing my knot

The veneta bag improves with age and usage - mine has moulded elegantly and drapes against the body beautifully. The leather seems softer and there is a faint sheen now rather than the more matte look when new. It looks great and makes The wearer look even better.