Random Chats and Pics

Almost 8,500 steps is very good Minda! Don't be too hard on yourself, everyone has low and high days for everything including me.
And I'm so glad you were inspired by my "grab those steps whenever you can" phrase. :biggrin::biggrin:

I’m going to answer your eHarmony question here as I don’t want to hijack the food thread.

I moved to LA for grad school and worked in the city for years. This is important because I think online dating is more suitable in a large metro because the pool is bigger, and there is really someone for everyone.

I had dated off Match, but it wasn’t working out. So when eHarmony came about, I decided to give it a try. EHarmony matches people based on “compatibility,”—of course, some people lie or there’s self-reporting bias. But if both people are fairly honest in filling out the questionnaire, the matching was far better than Match.

In my experience, the quality of guys were significantly better than Match’s. If nothing else, people had to fill out pages upon pages of questions and write essays, so at a minimum, you know people were serious about dating and a long-term relationship.

I don’t remember the exact number, but I met DH within 10 guys and within 1 year of signing up for eHarmony. I’m very lazy, and due to that laziness, I do not like to waste time—mine or anyone else’s. I can honestly say that out of the lot, there was only one dud. The rest were quality guys, but I cut them loose after the first date because I knew they were not for me.

You are a QUALITY lady with good looks, wit, and charm—you should be able to have your pick of the litter if you sign up. I pretty much tell anyone that will listen how awesome eHarmony is. DH and I have our stupid fights like any normal couple, but everyday I’m thankful for him being in my life, and I think eH is dabomb.com!!

I’m going to answer your eHarmony question here as I don’t want to hijack the food thread.

I moved to LA for grad school and worked in the city for years. This is important because I think online dating is more suitable in a large metro because the pool is bigger, and there is really someone for everyone.

I had dated off Match, but it wasn’t working out. So when eHarmony came about, I decided to give it a try. EHarmony matches people based on “compatibility,”—of course, some people lie or there’s self-reporting bias. But if both people are fairly honest in filling out the questionnaire, the matching was far better than Match.

In my experience, the quality of guys were significantly better than Match’s. If nothing else, people had to fill out pages upon pages of questions and write essays, so at a minimum, you know people were serious about dating and a long-term relationship.

I don’t remember the exact number, but I met DH within 10 guys and within 1 year of signing up for eHarmony. I’m very lazy, and due to that laziness, I do not like to waste time—mine or anyone else’s. I can honestly say that out of the lot, there was only one dud. The rest were quality guys, but I cut them loose after the first date because I knew they were not for me.

You are a QUALITY lady with good looks, wit, and charm—you should be able to have your pick of the litter if you sign up. I pretty much tell anyone that will listen how awesome eHarmony is. DH and I have our stupid fights like any normal couple, but everyday I’m thankful for him being in my life, and I think eH is dabomb.com!!

That is a great review of EHarmony. I mean obviously it works since you met your wonderful DH there. But it sounds like the entire pool of candidates is worthy.

Agree on our dear ATB being a heck of a great catch that any guy would be lucky to meet!!

Awww, what a nice thing to say GL. I’m not sure I want to date again, at least not at this time. But I’ve heard the horror stories of the stacked coffee shop dates (every 15 minutes!?), the emails you need to respond to, and of meeting someone who totally doesn’t look like their photos. It sounds like a full time job and I’m frankly not in the head space for that. I’m a no fuss, or drama girl. Plus I’m very impatient, lol.

But it’s good to know that eH has your ringing endorsement GL!

Lol, I just did a screen shot of my numbers as you were asking me this. Everyone — I promise this is the last big screenshot of my numbers. The exercise minutes were just from my walking fast while doing errands or going places. I still haven’t had time to do real exercise. It would be nice if I could but I can’t fit it in at this point. My weekend numbers are always low as my family tends to be low key and lazy on the weekends so I am anticipating low numbers for the next two days :sad:, Anyways, thanks again for inspiring me and helping me get started. Of all the years I have been on this forum, the two most important advice I have received are (paraphrasing) — your “Grab those steps whenever you can” and another friend”s “You can like a bag without owning it”. So Big thanks ATB :smile:
:happydance: :tup: Go IM! I enjoy the screenshots, I can pretend they're mine :P :lol:

:happydance: :tup: Go IM! I enjoy the screenshots, I can pretend they're mine :P :lol:

Thanks :smile:. I don’t want to be too obnoxious and post every day — the first few days are ok due to the novelty of it, lol. Going forward, I will probably just type my step number (without the huge picture from my phone). Just as I predicted, my weekend numbers are off to a sad slow start. I woke up late and have been lounging around — only 380 steps thus far, be lucky if I hit 1,000 today, lol.

Thanks :smile:. I don’t want to be too obnoxious and post every day — the first few days are ok due to the novelty of it, lol. Going forward, I will probably just type my step number (without the huge picture from my phone). Just as I predicted, my weekend numbers are off to a sad slow start. I woke up late and have been lounging around — only 380 steps thus far, be lucky if I hit 1,000 today, lol.
You'll catch up on Monday, I'm sure. I didn't do much walking today either, just too hot.

He got the stainless 44mm cellular. He is like a kid with a new toy! :giggle: And no he did NOT get the Hermes watch.
No, he wouldn't want the Hermes Apple Watch because it's last years model, haha. I'm trying to see when I have time to go to Apple. I never bought the Apple watch before because it didn't seem ready. Now it does seem ready for prime time. I'm not really into tech, but I like new toys, lol.

I think the screen shot is fine. Easier for me to see what with my bad eyes, lol. And it's ok to take a day or two slower. Not off, but slower or lower numbers ;)