Rainbow of colors inside your H bag

I love this! So pretty!

I remember seeing a small croc "post it note" holder at a NYC sale..even included the post its. It was a beautiful deep gray and I had it in my purchase bag until I found out that it was over $600....and that was 50% off retail...I couldn't do it for such a small piece!

Thank you, hopiko! :flowers: And I was ridiculously :woot: when I realized the post-it pad fit into the Bastia! I thought only my friends here would understand! Yes, I’d have had to pass on that croc piece too, although it sounds like it was gorgeous. A Bastia even seems a bit extravagant, but at least it’s multi-purpose! :biggrin:

IMG_4553.JPG

I discovered another use for my new Bastia, a post-it pad perfectly fits inside! :biggrin: Must be one that's partially used, as the full thickness of a new pad will not fit. Pleases me as I like to carry a small pad of paper in my bag. :smile:

View attachment 3760435

View attachment 3760436

Ooh! Etoile, for your mini-pad, Graf von Fabre-Castell has a weensy mini-pen that is super sleek and marvelous, and might tuck in the fold. It is only 3 1/2 inches long! In fact, the pic is pretty much life size. I love mine because it fits in my wallet. It was recommended by the very elegant Oliver, @the_black_tie_diyer in the jewelry thread. Sorry! Back to our regularly scheduled programming....:smile:

Last edited:
View attachment 3764376

Ooh! Etoile, for your mini-pad, Graf von Fabre-Castell has a weensy mini-pen that is super sleek and marvelous, and might tuck in the fold. It is only 3 1/2 inches long! In fact, the pic is pretty much life size. I love mine because it fits in my wallet. It was recommended by the very elegant Oliver, @the_black_tie_diyer in the jewelry thread. Sorry! Back to our regularly scheduled programming....:smile:

prepster, thank you, so nice of you to think of me! :flowers: Ooh so neat, plus I have a weakness for tiny things! Not sure if it would fit into the fold of the Bastia, but I could actually see having the set, both pen and pencil! I'm especially a pencil/eraser kind of person, but nice to have a pen, too. To veer off topic for a moment longer, do you know if they sell a case for this "pocket" set? And do the clips seem removable...I probably would not need and would save space. ETA that clip does look very sleek and compact, so maybe not an issue.

Reactions: prepster and eliwon
prepster, thank you, so nice of you to think of me! :flowers: Ooh so neat, plus I have a weakness for tiny things! Not sure if it would fit into the fold of the Bastia, but I could actually see having the set, both pen and pencil! I'm especially a pencil/eraser kind of person, but nice to have a pen, too. To veer off topic for a moment longer, do you know if they sell a case for this "pocket" set? And do the clips seem removable...I probably would not need and would save space. ETA that clip does look very sleek and compact, so maybe not an issue.

You are welcome! The spring-clip is attached to the lid permanently. I have the pen, but I believe the pencil is the same size. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow so you can see it irl. The finishing is smooth platinum plating and so crazy exquisite for such a teeny instrument. I felt little bumps on the edge of the pen cap and actually had to put DH's reading glasses on to see what it was--it was minuscule knurling detail around the edge of the cap. You might check out their site, I'm not sure if they have a pen case for the pocket pen. Everything they do is addictive.

http://www.graf-von-faber-castell.us/writing-instruments/editions/pocket-pen

Reactions: etoile de mer
View attachment 3764376

You're making me blush, that's way too much credit ;) But I'm really, really happy you like that pen so much, @prepster! :smile:

Kind regards,
Oliver

Reactions: prepster
You are welcome! The spring-clip is attached to the lid permanently. I have the pen, but I believe the pencil is the same size. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow so you can see it irl. The finishing is smooth platinum plating and so crazy exquisite for such a teeny instrument. I felt little bumps on the edge of the pen cap and actually had to put DH's reading glasses on to see what it was--it was minuscule knurling detail around the edge of the cap. You might check out their site, I'm not sure if they have a pen case for the pocket pen. Everything they do is addictive.

http://www.graf-von-faber-castell.us/writing-instruments/editions/pocket-pen

Hi prepster, thanks so much for all the info, and for the link! Heading off now :broom: to investigate! :smile:

Reactions: eliwon and prepster
I discovered another use for my new Bastia, a post-it pad perfectly fits inside! :biggrin: Must be one that's partially used, as the full thickness of a new pad will not fit. Pleases me as I like to carry a small pad of paper in my bag. :smile:

View attachment 3760435

View attachment 3760436

View attachment 3764376

You're making me blush, that's way too much credit ;) But I'm really, really happy you like that pen so much, @prepster! :smile:

Kind regards,
Oliver

Thank you ladies and gentleman for the idea. I received my Graf von Faber Castell yesterday and am quite happy with both the size and the ease of use. I've been searching for tiny pens / mechanical pencils for my Grand Modele and Ulysse for a long time. For a while I've been using the H silver Naulitus (not sure if it's the right name) for my GM but it's not ideal, it always gets me pulled aside whenever I go through airport security. :confused1: Muji is good but it's not the most comfortable to hold in hand, as it is soooo thin. I got both pen and pencil from Graf von Faber Castell. They're too thick for GM but perfect for Ulysse. They stick out a bit but within an acceptable extent. And they have enough weight and length to allow you to write comfortably. I have quite a few Ulysses but don't use them when I'm on the go due to the pencil issue. Now I can finally put them in good use!

And all these 3 can easily fit into a bastia or a calvi! I might have to follow Etoile to bring post-it with a bastia. What a great idea!

Here are a few comparison photos of the pens / pencils

H / Graf von Faber-Castell / Muji
They're more or less the same length when closedS__6021125.jpg
Once opened, Graf von Faber-Castell is significantly longer and very easy to use

S__6021133.jpg

GvFC vs. Muji inside a Ulysse

S__6021124.jpg

Comparison between GvFC and Muji when Ulysse is closed

S__6021129.jpg

Muji inside a Grand Modele

S__6021127.jpg

H inside a GM

S__6021128.jpg

GvFC doesn't fit into those loops

How it looks with Muji when GM is closed

S__6021131.jpg

Last but not least, to stay on topic, these are part of my rainbow inside my h bag. Now that I see I probably need some purple and green :coolio:

S__6021122.jpg

Thank you ladies and gentleman for the idea. I received my Graf von Faber Castell yesterday and am quite happy with both the size and the ease of use. I've been searching for tiny pens / mechanical pencils for my Grand Modele and Ulysse for a long time. For a while I've been using the H silver Naulitus (not sure if it's the right name) for my GM but it's not ideal, it always gets me pulled aside whenever I go through airport security. :confused1: Muji is good but it's not the most comfortable to hold in hand, as it is soooo thin. I got both pen and pencil from Graf von Faber Castell. They're too thick for GM but perfect for Ulysse. They stick out a bit but within an acceptable extent. And they have enough weight and length to allow you to write comfortably. I have quite a few Ulysses but don't use them when I'm on the go due to the pencil issue. Now I can finally put them in good use!

And all these 3 can easily fit into a bastia or a calvi! I might have to follow Etoile to bring post-it with a bastia. What a great idea!

Here are a few comparison photos of the pens / pencils

They're more or less the same length when closedView attachment 3777130
Once opened, Graf von Faber-Castell is significantly longer and very easy to use

View attachment 3777139

GvFC vs. Muji inside a Ulysse

View attachment 3777140

Comparison between GvFC and Muji when Ulysse is closed

View attachment 3777143

Muji inside a Grand Modele

View attachment 3777141

H inside a GM

View attachment 3777142

GvFC doesn't fit into those loops

How it looks with Muji when GM is closed

View attachment 3777145

Last but not least, to stay on topic, these are part of my rainbow inside my h bag. Now that I see I probably need some purple and green :coolio:

View attachment 3777146

cavalla, thank you so much for all the great info, and for your pics! :flowers: I've just ordered both the pen and pencil! :smile: I'd hoped the set might fit nicely in a Calvi or Bastia, as Graf von Faber Castell does not offer a case. And thank you for sharing your rainbow! :heart: I especially love your yellow zip case and your blue bastia, do you know the color names? And so fun to see the pen and pencil in the group pic, they are tiny!!

cavalla, thank you so much for all the great info, and for your pics! :flowers: I've just ordered both the pen and pencil! :smile: I'd hoped the set might fit nicely in a Calvi or Bastia, as Graf von Faber Castell does not offer a case. And thank you for sharing your rainbow! :heart: I especially love your yellow zip case and your blue bastia, do you know the color names? And so fun to see the pen and pencil in the group pic, they are tiny!!

They will fit nicely in both Bastia and calvi. The lighting is terrible now but I just took some photos of the pen in them. I don't have any post-it with me right at the moment but I think the roll of cable is about the same thickness as post-it so I use it as an example. :lol:

IMG_1501181414.450461.jpg

You can't even see it once you put it in, this pen is so tiny!

IMG_1501181435.137227.jpg

It doesn't look terribly bulky either once you close it up.

IMG_1501181510.605014.jpg

IMG_1501181523.773326.jpg

It's a piece of cake to fit it into a calvi. It's shorter than a calvi.

IMG_1501181595.698858.jpg

IMG_1501181626.603980.jpg

My Bastia is Bleu Azteque and the yellow pouch is lime.

Now I can think of a lot more use for calvi and Bastia thanks to this thread and may I say it almost feels like meant to be that H is releasing a new purple and a new green that I'm missing in my rainbow? :woohoo: :woot:

They will fit nicely in both Bastia and calvi. The lighting is terrible now but I just took some photos of the pen in them. I don't have any post-it with me right at the moment but I think the roll of cable is about the same thickness as post-it so I use it as an example. :lol:

View attachment 3777292

You can't even see it once you put it in, this pen is so tiny!

View attachment 3777293

It doesn't look terribly bulky either once you close it up.

View attachment 3777294

View attachment 3777295

It's a piece of cake to fit it into a calvi. It's shorter than a calvi.

View attachment 3777297

View attachment 3777298

My Bastia is Bleu Azteque and the yellow pouch is lime.

Now I can think of a lot more use for calvi and Bastia thanks to this thread and may I say it almost feels like meant to be that H is releasing a new purple and a new green that I'm missing in my rainbow? :woohoo: :woot:

Great pics, cavalla, thanks so much, very fun!! :flowers: They are even tinier than I imagined, very cute! :hbeat: And thanks for the color names, too! FYI, regarding the post-it, I found a partially used 3mm thickness pad ideal, there's no bulging, so possibly room for pen/pencil, too. Yes, we all need more calvis and bastias, now! :smile:

Great pics, cavalla, thanks so much, very fun!! :flowers: They are even tinier than I imagined, very cute! :hbeat: And thanks for the color names, too! FYI, regarding the post-it, I found a partially used 3mm thickness pad ideal, there's no bulging, so possibly room for pen/pencil, too. Yes, we all need more calvis and bastias, now! :smile:

Thanks for the tips. Will be looking for it. :biggrin: