QVC Time! Who's here?

Iheart: thanks for the suggestion. I just checked out the small Riley hobo.
The strap length is shorter, and that's better, but the bag seems a little smalls for me. The regular size Riley has too long a strap for me. But even if the strap length were shorter, I find that a double handle handbag balances better for me. A single strap handbag tends to swing and I don't find that comfortable. Probably more than you want to know.
I have a collection of handbags that don't work for me know, but at least I'm learning what does work for me and trying to stick with those, no matter how much I like the others.
LavJ, I took an inventory of all of my handbags. It seems to me that they split between Coach and DB. i thought of all my previous TSV purchases and it turns out that I sold them all except for one--the domed satchel in black and tan. It can be converted to a crossbody. The "hobo" or shoulder styles I own Coach duffles and DB Kendall can be converted to a crossbody. Most of the TSVs were sold off because of some glaring flaw: I ditched the plain vachetta styles, also styles that were too boxy. (Too square and it doesn't really work as a crossbody. There has to be a little "give" so it can sit comfortably against the body without sticking out too far. ) The Logo Lock nylon hobo works because it's long and can mush against the body.) So I own only three satchels.
Another handbag to add to the wish list: the new croco zip zip. It's perfect for me. Whenever they start showing the croco again I fall in love with the texture again. Then they show smooth leathers and the croco loses some of it's attraction. Then we cycle back the next season.

It's wish list worthy: classic style, with croco embossing. Croco plus satchel is a winning combo. I lean towards smooth and pebbled leathers for my own taste, but still love the look.

I am not usually a croco lover, but sure can appreciate the beauty of that bag. I also saw a cross body in croco that was really pretty. Maybe on Dooneys Instagram? Ill have to check, but is was sure pretty :smile:

Seemed like this time around on the Q, there were about a million TSV presentations and not so much new. Maybe they are saving those shows for December.

I am not usually a croco lover, but sure can appreciate the beauty of that bag. I also saw a cross body in croco that was really pretty. Maybe on Dooneys Instagram? Ill have to check, but is was sure pretty [emoji2]

Seemed like this time around on the Q, there were about a million TSV presentations and not so much new. Maybe they are saving those shows for December.
I'm not sure if its true, but on Saturdays show they said this was the last one for the year. But who really knows.

It is the last Dooney TSV for the year, but there are more shows. There are three shows on December 3rd and one show on December 10. The Inside Q magazine also has a show right before Christmas. From the Q’s site, I see a photo of the mini Barlow Tiverton and the Becket Henley Feedbag...still to come. There are also some new bags you can order that did not make an appearance on the Saturday shows including some Florentine and Saffiano. I ordered the Saffiano shoulder bag but can tell it will be too big for me. Gonna have to return. But the Henley is on my list.

Reactions: BadWolf10
Both Gracie bags arrived while I was gone, thankfully UPS was able to hold them for me so they weren't sitting on my porch. No pics today, but they are beautiful. I like the elephant, but it just doesn't pop the way the saddle tan does with the tmoro trim. I think the elephant is going back. I like the saddle tan, but I am considering a different color. Possibly exchange for deep teal or navy... not sure yet. It definitely is made almost identical to the Sophie in the body, the strap is nice and carries well.

Both Gracie bags arrived while I was gone, thankfully UPS was able to hold them for me so they weren't sitting on my porch. No pics today, but they are beautiful. I like the elephant, but it just doesn't pop the way the saddle tan does with the tmoro trim. I think the elephant is going back. I like the saddle tan, but I am considering a different color. Possibly exchange for deep teal or navy... not sure yet. It definitely is made almost identical to the Sophie in the body, the strap is nice and carries well.
Glad your saddle Gracie is a winner. Free exchange makes returning the elephant for a color you like better, an easy decision.

Reactions: BadWolf10
The Dooney patent leather is pretty. But in my experience, it's fragile... scratches show easily, corners wear, and the finish can be eaten away by a single drop of perfume or other chemical. No more patent for me.
Good to know. I don't plan to order anything from the Q this month with all the sales going on elsewhere, the Q's prices are high.