Food Questions for Kitchenaid stand mixer owners!

I wanted to get the pasta maker attachment, it cost $149. My kids love to eat noodles (Malaysian Style called Mee) and my cousin gave me a recipe to me to make my own Mee..wonder if it is worth the splurge!! I read really good reviews online ( Amazon and QVC.com)

1) What do you use your stand mixer for?

Baking-bread, pie dough, cakes, buttercream icing, cookies etc. Cooking-meatballs, hamburger etc.

2) How often do you use it?

Everyday

3) Do you like it? If not -- why not?

I love it

4) Is it easy to clean and maintain?

Cleanup is very easy.

5) Do you heartily recommend any of the optional attachments?

I want the ice cream maker, pasta attachment/cutter, and food processor. These would be great additions to the kitchenaid mixer.

Color of Mixer: I have a raspberry ice (hot pink) kitchen aid artisan 5 qt stand mixer.

Last edited:
Here is a picture of my Kitchenaid Stand Mixer in Raspberry Ice

Beautiful! I wanted the Rasperry Ice (here in IT it comes with stainless steel bowl) but somehow I loved the stock pic but it was not the same shade IRL. It's a beautiful color but it's not as dark as the stock pic. I ended ordering the Cranberry color - I haven't received it yet. Can't wait.

As regards the optional attachements I want the ice cream maker and the pasta attachments. Also, the food processor is tempting me!!! :graucho:

Beautiful! I wanted the Rasperry Ice (here in IT it comes with stainless steel bowl) but somehow I loved the stock pic but it was not the same shade IRL. It's a beautiful color but it's not as dark as the stock pic. I ended ordering the Cranberry color - I haven't received it yet. Can't wait.

As regards the optional attachements I want the ice cream maker and the pasta attachments. Also, the food processor is tempting me!!! :graucho:

I'm glad that you are getting one also. I can't wait to see a picture of the Cranberry color one. I know that you will enjoy your mixer. :smile:

I'm glad that you are getting one also. I can't wait to see a picture of the Cranberry color one. I know that you will enjoy your mixer. :smile:

Got it today! Love it!

11072012066.jpg

I love it. It looks like the sister to Raspberry Ice :smile: Have you used it yet?

I just used it to make muffins! So excited!!! DH was :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: no stop! LOL

I have a question: when I receveid it, it had the wire whip on and it touched the bottom of the bowl. I read the use & care guide and it says to put the flat beater on and turn the screw anti-clockwise to lift the beater up. But what is the right distance between the beater and the bottom of the bowl. Even if I lifted it a bit, when I put the wire whip it still touches the bottom of the bowl (and I can hear it when the mixer is on). TIA

nillacobain said:
I just used it to make muffins! So excited!!! DH was :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: no stop! LOL

I have a question: when I receveid it, it had the wire whip on and it touched the bottom of the bowl. I read the use & care guide and it says to put the flat beater on and turn the screw anti-clockwise to lift the beater up. But what is the right distance between the beater and the bottom of the bowl. Even if I lifted it a bit, when I put the wire whip it still touches the bottom of the bowl (and I can hear it when the mixer is on). TIA

I just made strawberry muffins with mine. :smile: I had that same problem with my mixer. My flat better is a pinch above the bowl so that it is not touching the bowl, but that ingredients at the bottom of the bowl can be mixed well. I hope that I helped you some. If you need a picture of how it looks let me know.

I just made strawberry muffins with mine. :smile: I had that same problem with my mixer. My flat better is a pinch above the bowl so that it is not touching the bowl, but that ingredients at the bottom of the bowl can be mixed well. I hope that I helped you some. If you need a picture of how it looks let me know.

Oh thank you! That would be very helpful. I couldn't find one online.

Great thread. Mine is over 10 y/o. No colors back then. I have just started to use it to knead bread dough. But it has started to smoke! a little bit and overheat so I am getting a bread machine for kneading.

Also i don't leave mine on the counter as I have a built-in double china cabinet in my kitchen. The KA is heavy. And I am 5'10' so I'm not tiny. But when it finally wears out I will get the yellow one.

I also have extra bowls with lids. Very handy for big/extra batches.

nillacobain said:
Oh thank you! That would be very helpful. I couldn't find one online.

Here is a picture of the distance between the bottom of the beater and the bowl. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• image-1660639390.jpg
    image-1660639390.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 1,080
Here is a picture of the distance between the bottom of the beater and the bowl. I hope this helps.

Thank you!

I used the KA twice so far and I've already noticed two small spots where the bowl finish came off! When I received it the bowl already had an indentation, but I was not ready for this kind of wear with so little use. I will def contact the retailer where I bought it from. Is this a common thing? They are very small and next to each other. I def don't want any metal material in my food!

Last edited: