questions about YSL patent leather

Karen5000

Jul 3, 2007
hi ladies,

i recently got a ysl tribute in beige croc and i was wondering whether the patent leather is durable like other patent leather and can withstand rainy weather? does it need to be treated with anything? any advice would be great! as it's raining here today and i don't know whether to change bags or not now. thanks

Hi ladies,

I was looking at a black patent Muse or Downtown, but was wondering what experiences you have had, or have heard, of regarding the longevity and the color changes in black patent leather bags by YSL.

I know I have heard, and seen the white patent being very difficult to both keep clean, and it yellowing.

So, does the black leather also discolor? or have other problems. Any advice would be appreciated, so I know whether to go with black patent, or plain black leather. TIA and have a fabulous day!

Mar

My black patent Rive Gauche can go into the rain with no worries on water mark; finger prints can be wiped off easily. Still looks like a brand new bag without having to baby it. Absolutely love it.

The textured patent is almost indestructible in darker colors, so you'd have no problems with a textured black patent Muse. The embossed croc patent is more delicate and can scratch and show fingerprints, so if you're concerned about wear and tear stick with the textured calf patent.

I just took my white patent muse out of the closet today after months of non-use and to my total surprise, the color around the stitching changed to a pinkish color. I am thinking that the thread they must have used to sew the details on the side might have bled into the white patent. So now the "Y" going down the front of my Muse bag is slightly tinged pink. Not very good...a very obvious discoloration on the bag.

i think white patent as a whole can be difficult to upkeep with color rub-off, especially with jeans!!
i have a chocolate croc quilted DT and haven't had any problems with the patent whatsoever, even in inclement weather. hth!

I think the Easy in black patent leather is so cute, but am wondering if the regular black pebbled leather would hold up better over time. I plan to wear the bag daily for a while, so it will probably endure a bit of abuse.

The YSL textured patent wears like iron, so I would definitely go for the patent if that's your first choice because it will hold up really well. It doesn't scratch easily, it does well in the rain and you can just wipe it clean if you get something on it. I honestly can't think of any bag I've ever owned that's more durable than my patent YSL bags. Go for it! :tup: