Pyper (piper) or Arla

MissDee

O.G.
Aug 8, 2006
Hello,

Does anyone have the pyper or arla bags please?

The pyper is apparently an outlet bag the arla is from the main line.

What are your thoughts, experience please?

MissDee

Attachments

• IMG_2435.JPG
    IMG_2435.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 878
  • IMG_2436.JPG
    IMG_2436.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 908
I don't have experience with the Pyper, but I am a fan of the Arla. It's a great option for a smaller, everyday bag, and even though it's pretty petite, it holds a fair amount. The pocket on the back is nice for keeping a phone for easy reach. I also like that's it's kind of in between the structured and softer styles. It's got more structure than most of the pebbled leather bags, but it's not as stiff as most of the saffiano leather options. The tassel is also a lovely detail. I'd definitely recommend the Arla.

I don't have experience with the Pyper, but I am a fan of the Arla. It's a great option for a smaller, everyday bag, and even though it's pretty petite, it holds a fair amount. The pocket on the back is nice for keeping a phone for easy reach. I also like that's it's kind of in between the structured and softer styles. It's got more structure than most of the pebbled leather bags, but it's not as stiff as most of the saffiano leather options. The tassel is also a lovely detail. I'd definitely recommend the Arla.

Thank you for the reply x

Thank you all, when I spoke to the store at Bicester they said the Pyper isn't a main line bag but the outlet version of the arla. The price is tempting especially with 20% off I'll let you know!
I prefer the details on the Arla as well as the overall quality and style of the specialty bags. I'm definitely gonna have to check out the new collection next month. I wish it came in the Inkwell or Porcini, that would be cute!

They might do a red next month, I believe it's one of the colours for next month's collection.
OMG, omg OMG!
thanks for the intel! will definitely get it then. it's quite rare for a ca,era bag to have slip in pocket in the front, right?

PS i saw a merlot one in shopbop.com is it the red to appear next month? they also have it in porcini!

Last edited:
OMG, omg OMG!
thanks for the intel! will definitely get it then. it's quite rare for a ca,era bag to have slip in pocket in the front, right?

PS i saw a merlot one in shopbop.com is it the red to appear next month? they also have it in porcini!
Camera bags by different designers usually have different features or touches to make it their own (ie: the Chanel Camera bag). The colours for next month (based on what my SA told me) are meant to include red, burnt orange, and a burgundy, so warm fall colours. I can't comment on the bags from Shop Bop because I've only ever bought from an actual Kate Spade store, we don't have many other options in Canada. I know authorized retailers like Nordstrom, Saks, and Holts sometimes have exclusive styles and colours though.

Thank you all, when I spoke to the store at Bicester they said the Pyper isn't a main line bag but the outlet version of the arla. The price is tempting especially with 20% off I'll let you know!

Hi did you end up getting the Arla? I just ordered one online and my local store didn't have it so I'm kind of anxious to see it. I really want a camera style bag but the only other one I've found cute are the ones from YSL and the Gucci Disco, both of which are very pricey!

Hi did you end up getting the Arla? I just ordered one online and my local store didn't have it so I'm kind of anxious to see it. I really want a camera style bag but the only other one I've found cute are the ones from YSL and the Gucci Disco, both of which are very pricey!
please do review once you received it. am also considering disco, but this is better for my wallet

Hi,

I got the Pyper (which is double zipped) at Bicester it was about £78 after 20% off.

I still like the Arla and might look at that for my birthday in January.

Looking forward to seeing a reveal!

MissDee

Got my arla in the mail today! She's very cute and I think I'll be keeping her. The front flap pocket is big enough to fit my iPhone 6s+ with a case which was my main determining factor! My Lacey zip wallet doesn't fit but the snap closure Stacy wallet does if you guys have any questions let me know!

IMG_1475687316.522634.jpg

IMG_1475687324.115231.jpg

IMG_1475687331.550049.jpg

IMG_1475687349.382103.jpg