Problems with photos?

@Vlad I know you're looking into this issue, but I came across this tonight and thought it was worth bringing to your attention
Photos in the same post, obviously uploaded at the same time -- some show up, others do not
(this is in the browser on my MacBook)

Attachments

• Image 10-28-23 at 7.39 PM.jpeg
    Image 10-28-23 at 7.39 PM.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Image 10-28-23 at 7.39 PM (1).jpeg
    Image 10-28-23 at 7.39 PM (1).jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 13
I have a different photo issue. When I try to insert an attachment into my post,
I cannot move it to the location I prefer. Instead it inserts in the midst of the first inserted quote.
I deal with this by removing the quote :smile: i didn’t think to take a screen shot though.

ETA: I just tried to do this, and the issue seems to have resolved itself.

on a seprate note, I do miss a prior iteration of the software that automatically formatted every phot attachment to be the same scale and size. It made for a visually cohesive post. But, that’s probably not possible with the latest update.

At any rate, thank you for everything that you do to keep the site up for all of us to enjoy. :smile:

Hi Vlad, I’m suddenly having a lot of issues adding images to posts. If I try to upload images on my iPhone 15’s photo album, I will get an error saying the images are too large. I have not figured out any way to embed images successfully at this stage (embeds, attachments) so I can’t even share the error message that’s showing up. I’m really not sure if this is a user error or something?

Hi Vlad, I’m suddenly having a lot of issues adding images to posts. If I try to upload images on my iPhone 15’s photo album, I will get an error saying the images are too large. I have not figured out any way to embed images successfully at this stage (embeds, attachments) so I can’t even share the error message that’s showing up. I’m really not sure if this is a user error or something?
Ok I figured it out, basically need to toggle the option to upload smaller sizes when selecting photos for the posts. Hidden in the options so I didn’t see it on mobile. Thanks!

Hi Vlad,

Are there issues with uploading images because I keep getting images that no longer show in full. They are just thumbnails.

Others are able to post the full picture in their posts. I'm not sure if I've accidently clicked something which is causing the issue. Examples attached of mine (left) and others (right) attached. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2360 (1) (1).PNG
    IMG_2360 (1) (1).PNG
    164.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2361 (1).PNG
    IMG_2361 (1).PNG
    760.3 KB · Views: 4
Hi Vlad,

Are there issues with uploading images because I keep getting images that no longer show in full. They are just thumbnails.

Others are able to post the full picture in their posts. I'm not sure if I've accidently clicked something which is causing the issue. Examples attached of mine (left) and others (right) attached. Thanks

Images used to be auto inserted full by default, now you need to tap the thumb and insert them full if you wish.

@Vlad this is the message I get when trying to load photos. For some reason when I've loaded photos in the last few days they kick the text to the bottom of the listing. (I can't add the screenshot, it says upload failed because the file couldn't be written to the server.)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 2.09.22 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 2.09.22 PM.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 1