Problems with photos?

Hi admin . Just found this post and thought i should raise this issue again. The pages has been taking really long to load and photos are even extra long for me. I follow Hermes collection threads and these has lots of photos. I often have to load page then come back after awhile to view them. Other websites loaded ok so i don’t think its my internet problem

img_1144-png.5870230

IMG_1144.png

IMG_1142.png

Reactions: mochiblure
Hi admin . Just found this post and thought i should raise this issue again. The pages has been taking really long to load and photos are even extra long for me. I follow Hermes collection threads and these has lots of photos. I often have to load page then come back after awhile to view them. Other websites loaded ok so i don’t think its my internet problem

So I see what the issue is. You are viewing the forum on your phone and I think that threads with a lot of inline images may throttle the download of a page. We are looking into ways to optimize uploaded, large images to be more digestible and prevent this type of loading issue.

I have made some adjustments and new images are being automatically resized and optimized. This should lead to a much smoother experience on TPF!

The backlog of attachments is also being worked through, but considering the sheer amount of attachments over the last 18 years, the optimizing will take a few weeks to crunch through.

I actually started noticing this happening yesterday while I was on my laptop
I tried multiple broswers and it was the same. This is the Safari browser on my iPad this morning - same results I was getting yesterday on my MacBook (in both Chrome and Safari)

@Vlad are these the kinds of things you’re saying we should expect for a while til its complete?

Attachments

• IMG_7179.jpeg
    IMG_7179.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7180.jpeg
    IMG_7180.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 9
I actually started noticing this happening yesterday while I was on my laptop
I tried multiple broswers and it was the same. This is the Safari browser on my iPad this morning - same results I was getting yesterday on my MacBook (in both Chrome and Safari)

@Vlad are these the kinds of things you’re saying we should expect for a while til its complete?

Can you point me to the thread where you found this?