Problems with Creme de la Mer?

La Prairie is for everyone. They have an "anti-aging" line, but that is different than their everyday cleansers and moisturizers, which are fab.

La Prairie has a very heavy perfume scent compared to La Mer, which doesn't really smell like anything. My mom likes the smell, but it's too overwhelming for me.

Siri try Elemis - I have extremely sensitive skin and it is amazingly cooling for it. Great results as well

I converted from La Mer a while back now.

Thanks for the suggestion SecretShop. I have tried Elemis Marine Collagen Creme and broke out with hives. Strange, I know! I have used Elemis absolute eye mask and was fine with that. I have recently tried Jo Malone, hives again.

The search continues. My bathroom looks like the beauty department at Harvey Nichols....

God Siri - what a nightmare.

What about Dermalogica? I heard that was good for sensitive skin. Never used it myself but had Elemis been bad for me I would have went for that based on the number of recommendations I had for it.

Yes, I am very disappointed that my La Mer face cream also separated into a ball of grease floating in liquid a few months ago. We did have very warm weather in So. Calif. at that time so I figured that was the reason. I was not able to mix the cream back together so I swiched to another face cream...

I used the creme it also seperated in hot weather but I found it hard to keep the right amount and it can go a little greasy if you applie too much now I use the pump action lotion takes all the guess works out of it. It's much lighter and think it's a great product.

I used to use Skin Ceuticals, then switched to La Mer then most recently to Arbonne. I see myself using Arbonne for the rest of my life, nothing has ever worked this well for me and I have probably tried everything in the last 20 years.
The La Mer cream, since it has mineral oil, does not absorb into the skin and instead sits on the top of your skin like a plastic film. My eye makeup was always smearing and even my waterproof mascara was smearing, I'm sure it was the mineral oil breaking it down over the course of the day. Anyway, I threw away all my La Mer products.