Problems with Creme de la Mer?

I had the same problem with my last La Mer jar. I used to use it all the time and loved it. The last jar I brought it turned into an oily mess. It didn't absorb into your face, just sort of floated over it.

I don't know if it's true what they say about changing the formulation after it was sold, but from my experience, it seems to fit.

I need to find a new brand that I love. Easier said than done.:sad:

I highly recommend Shiseido- I have been using it for years and I can't use anything else. It's very lightly scented, and it's good on sensitive skin. I swear by their eye cream! It's not nearly as pricey as La Mer.

I highly recommend Shiseido- I have been using it for years and I can't use anything else. It's very lightly scented, and it's good on sensitive skin. I swear by their eye cream! It's not nearly as pricey as La Mer.

thanks:smile: I have very sensitive skin so it's always a struggle to find something that doesn't irritate and it's difficult to get samples of higher end brands!

I have very sensitive skin and I use the moisturizing lotion by La Mer...not the cream. I find the cream too heavy for me. The moisturizing lotion is a lighter formula made for the face that comes in a pump. My mom and I have used it for years and we both really love it.

I have encountered this once - just at the very top of a new jar. Apparently it does happen. I WISH this stuff didn't work on me but it's my holy grail skincare product. The ONLY thing that helps my dehydrated, dry skin in winter. Never tried any other La Mer products...

What's the meaning of:
It breaks me out : Can cause pimples, zits, rash (depends)
HG,: Holy Grail - which means sort of the one and only thing someone will use/ or want
lot of hype - the in thing, the 'it' stuff

Hope that helps somewhat!

:heart:Thank you dear!!!

...SHAME!:shame: I still don't understand "lot of hipe"!:hysteric:
:heart:Stephanie.

Damn... I was planning to get my next skincare range from La Mer... Now I'm not so sure.

I would look into lines like Amore Pacific, Revive, Awake, and Natura Bisse, they seem to have very innovative products. I also really like Sonya Dakar and Jurlique. I have quite oily skin so of the first 4 lines I really only get into their eye creams then I use cleansers, scrubs, masks, etc. by Sonya Dakar and Jurlique. La Mer is super expensive and I don't think they are as up to date as these other lines. I use the La Mer eye balm right now (among other things) and one I use it up I'm def. not buying it again any time soon......

La Prairie is for everyone. They have an "anti-aging" line, but that is different than their everyday cleansers and moisturizers, which are fab.

I got a sample of the skin caviar creme, and it was divine... My sister just gave me a sample of the Creme De La Mer, so am gonna try it out after I finish my Clinique range to see how good it really is...

The oil separation has also happened to me with La Mer before. The first time it happened, I took it back to Saks and they replaced it for me. After that, I did an internship with a Compounding Pharmacist who mixes creams and other pharmaceuticals for his doctors and their patients. I asked him about it, and he said that it should be fine to just mix and blend it together. So I just use the applicator stick to blend mine now if it ever happens.